New Year... New Start - onwards and downwards.

I need to get my scales sorted - think the battery has run out!

For the referral, some schools sort interpreters so that'd be great. Otherwise you could always try to explain referral through family or a bilingual coworker and then when SandL does assessment they can get an interpreter in.

I've made a round lasagne in my time, just cut it with scissors! It doesn't have to be perfect and doesn't matter if bits overlap as the meat sauce soon covers up all imperfections. :D

I'd do round if I had pasta sheets but I don't, I'll have to get some tomorrow or something. I think I'm going to make burgers instead and prep a shepherd's pie for tomorrow.

Enjoying SW so far, don't feel like I'm being deprived at all but then I never do, not really. How are you finding it back on SW Sarah? Are you still doing it Aymz?

Not sure I have your willpower Rosie, don't think I could chuck my scales!

Indeedy, lasagne sheets would help, although I have just done 2 layers of cooked penne in the past too and popped the whole thing in oven for a bit. But that was in the days when you covered the whole thing with cheese to melt. :p All pasta tastes much the same.

What night's your SW class WI? Was there much of a gain post-holiday? Hopefully not.

Oh yeah, I wouldn't have thought of that.

TOO much of a post holiday gain but that's because I went off plan for 6-7 weeks... oops! It'll soon be off though I should think. WI is on a Monday night, only joined yesterday and already had a text from the... What are they called, consultants? Leaders? Anyway, whoever she is text me and said she'd call in a couple of days.

Think I've discovered what's wrong with my car - no oil! Spotted the last couple of days that the oil light comes on going round corners and on steep hills, checked my oil today and it's basically bone dry. Bit annoyed as really my oil light should have came on and stayed on so who knows how long I've had such a little amount of oil in my car for. Put 1L in tonight which Aaron happened to have and have ordered a big bottle online, hoping that'll be enough to sort it out but we'll see. If not I'll go to a garage soon and work out what the rumble is.

Ha ha, I didn't think I had the willpower either...I kept them like a security blanket for such a long time! :) I suppose at the back of my mind I am thinking..I 'could' always buy another set one day! :)

Enjoy your evening Caz x

I might get Aaron to put them at his parents or something, he wants to weigh in monthly so that way he still has access to them. I've stayed off them today though... so far haha

Hi Caz, sounds like things are going really well for you. Your confidence at school is brilliant, you have a great attitude :)

Caz said:
I'd do round if I had pasta sheets but I don't, I'll have to get some tomorrow or something. I think I'm going to make burgers instead and prep a shepherd's pie for tomorrow.

Enjoying SW so far, don't feel like I'm being deprived at all but then I never do, not really. How are you finding it back on SW Sarah? Are you still doing it Aymz?

Not sure I have your willpower Rosie, don't think I could chuck my scales!

No, I'm terrible! I had maintained for ages (not at target) but then gained half a stone so was trying to get back into it but have been finding it hard at work (it's been a year since I have been on SW). Also I'm really bad in that I need to weigh myself first though really I should just start and will be able to notice a difference anyway.

Hi Caz, sounds like things are going really well for you. Your confidence at school is brilliant, you have a great attitude :)
Yay welcome back Shazz! Good to see you around :)

Yeah finding it ok... Trying to get used to living with mum so eating sort of depends on that too but she has made SW friendly meals mostly! Also have nothing to do at the moment really so boredom eating a bit but also boredom exercising!

Oh are you back living with mum? I didn't realise. Does she understand SW and how it all works?

No, I'm terrible! I had maintained for ages (not at target) but then gained half a stone so was trying to get back into it but have been finding it hard at work (it's been a year since I have been on SW). Also I'm really bad in that I need to weigh myself first though really I should just start and will be able to notice a difference anyway.

Oh I always need to weigh myself first too. I live by the scales unfortunately! Are you considering SW again?

You is doing amazing Caz. Your class sound great... but obviously I like challenging children, lol!!! xxx

Morning Caz,

I posted a recipe to your timeline related to lasagna.

Congrats on rejoining and sticking to your plan.

Oops on the low oil -- not good. I hope it didn't cause any serious damage.

You is doing amazing Caz. Your class sound great... but obviously I like challenging children, lol!!! xxx

I do.. to some extent, some are kind of pushing my limits though! My selective mute spent most of the morning crying, found out she has a cousin in the year above who can speak a fair amount of English, enough to have found out what was wrong. She had tummy ache and wanted to go home so she has now, I'm so glad I found out about her cousin and she didn't have to sit there with tummy ache all day.

Morning Caz,

I posted a recipe to your timeline related to lasagna.

Congrats on rejoining and sticking to your plan.

Oops on the low oil -- not good. I hope it didn't cause any serious damage.

I got it thanks, looks pretty nice. Think I might give it a try this weekend and if it works well then it may become a staple lunch meal! I don't think the oil has caused permanent damage, the car seems better today but still not completely right but it does still need more oil. I may pop into a garage on the way home if I can make it in time after staff meeting.

Yeah back living with mum. It's nice but I would rather be in my own flat with dave as planned! Was going to live at my dads but chose mums after granny died as she could use the extra support.

She understands it a bit... She did it briefly once, but a few things have changed since she did it.

Maybe your mum could come along to a meeting with you and hear the updates so that she understands it better? I bet, how are things with you two? Did you not look at your own place or with friends?

Have a good day Caz, I can just imagine you in your class being a fab and understanding teacher :)..I'm proud to 'know' you :)

Aww thanks Rosie :)

It's my planning time this afternoon, looking forward to the break out of the classroom I have to admit. Think a weds afternoon is perfect, mid week quiet break! The school server is down though so not sure how much I'll actually get done.

I've been super duper organised today! I'm at a teachers fit club at school tomorrow so know that I'll be back fairly late so have got dinner all ready for the oven. I made shepherd's pie for tea tonight and as it was mince based I cooked up double the onions, mince, tomato and beef stock and then split into two lots. One lot went on to become the shepherd's pie (quark, splash of milk and egg in the mash) and the other half went on to get prepped into lasagne. I made the cheesy sauce with the Coleman's Four Cheese packet sauce and added quark in, it seems to have worked well but I guess I'll know tomorrow!

Working on my next SML blog post before an early night, tired!

I don't actually go to meetings... Although I may start to.

Didn't look at anywhere else. I was going to be commuting 1.5hours each way living with Dave, but would have been worth it as we would be together. All my friends have already got uni houses so there was no one I knew I could live with. Can't afford to on my own. Also, I only have lectures until Christmas so can cope with my now 2 hour each way commute for a bit! Then I have placement until Easter and then only one week of lectures. I should be given a placement closer to home (and hopefully a job from my placement if I'm lucky!) if I am living at home.

Pain in the bum though!

Just catching up on all your news Caz, been without internet for 10 days :(.

You sound well organised at school, your behaviour pupils sounds like the one I work with only he's big and 15, I'd gladly swap.

It takes ages for pupils to be statemented and even when they are they often only get a few hours. I don't know what the LEA is like in Manchester but where I live/work pupils with MLD don't get "hours" attached to the statement. We have one pupil who is really weak reading age about 8 (he is year 10) and although he has a statement saying he has MLD no money is attached to it, which means he doesn't officially get support in lessons, another has 5 hours a week! but they will get special consideration for exams - a reader scribe and extra time, although they does get peripheral support, if TA happens to be in the class with a pupil that does get hours. ASD pupils often do get support.

I've been off the diet while we've been moving and settling in the house but back on the diet from Monday.

Hope the move went well Trisha.

Yeah there really isn't the money for the level of support that most SEN children need now the funding has changed.

Did a teachers fit club after school today, it's happening every Thursday 4.30-5.30 so I think I'll keep doing that. I'm considering joining a gym by school too, it's a PureGym who I used before I moved up here and as it's a new gym it's only 9.99 if you join soon. SW is going well, had a low syn lasagne tonight which was gorgeous, tasted just like I'd put loads of cheesy sauce in it.

We're going to Aaron's parents for tea on Saturday, his mum invited us over as it's my birthday. We're trying to think of something cheap to do during the day on Saturday but we're struggling. It'll be strange not seeing my family at all on my birthday but it'll be nice being with Aaron. Oh speaking of birthday, I got your card Mel, thank you it was lovely.

Back