New Year... New Start - onwards and downwards.

Uhhh... I can't remember now! I should do... I'm ashamed of myself lol

Had an email back from the Exante PR lady. Apparently they really want to do the article with us asap, can't wait a few months for me to be less fat! The photos depend on the publication apparently, normally it's quite casual but sometimes they do a make over so you get a stylist and some nice clothes to wear. She doesn't know what publication it's for at the moment though so she can't say which of those it would be. She said that she'll try her best to get us a fee but not all publications offer one. I'm not really sure about it, neither is Aaron now really.

I'm liking Simba :) or what was the lioness called in Lion King?..just an idea!

Have a good one, hope you get through the workload quickly hun x

Simba IS the Lion King! Nala was his mate!

Yes I know Simba is the Lion King! ha ha..I wondered what the lioness was called! Nala you say Mel?..thanks :)

Must be the scottish way of speaking/writing I think Mel? hee hee

Simba is a fab name :)

Don't know what to suggest about the article. I would like to know all the facts, she doesn't seem to have any definite answers about things.

Is there a fee? Don't know
Will there be a makeover thing? Don't know
What magazine is it? Don't know

Meant to say only agree to the article if you and Aaron are totally comfortable with it! After all, you and Aaron could wait until you are at goal, then submit your 'love and losing weight' story into a magazine yourselves with your own selected pics..some pay quite well for a good human interest article :)

Well that's the thing, too much unknown. To be honest, at the moment, I'm very much leaning towards no.

Doing ok-ish with water today, had 1 litre. Still need to get more in, should hit 2.5-3L a day including what's in packs according to S&S advice. So that's 1.5L with what I'll have in packs today, need another 1 litre by bed time! Not had any packs yet either so they'll be a bit crammed in. Going to have a meal pack and bar for pudding now I think and then protein meal and shake as a mousse for pudding tonight. The last two days I've only had 3 packs a day as it's gotten late and I've not bothered with the 4th, don't want to keep doing that. Just did 20 minutes of yoga which was incredibly relaxing. Going to try and do it 5 times a week.

Today hasn't been nearly as productive as I meant for it to be, oops! Need to do some worksheets for tomorrow and some marking. Then I'm going to settle to an early night tonight with some TV as I'm planning to try and leave by 6.15-6.30 tomorrow to counteract the slow drive there. Hoping main roads are ok, I think they should be.

Ooh! Did I tell you all about the S&S site? I don't think I did. I've discovered they have a weight tracker which tells you how much you've lost that week, how much in total, total % lost, how much to go and gives you a nice little line graph. As a maths/numbers/charts geek that pleases me!! They also do a meal planner which I've decided to start using, a bit like MFP but it tells you what level of ketosis you're in and is obviously aimed at S&S stuff so it's good. Going to use that to track my days, wouldn't bother if I wasn't doing the protein meal though. So here's today...

Lunch: Chili meal pack and chocolate praline bar
Dinner: Salmon with roast veg (swede, courgette, mushroom, leek and red pepper)
Pudding: Toffee mousse
Water: Currently about 1.2L (plus 600-700ml for packs)
Total calories: 598
Total carbs: 41.3g (deep ketosis)

Not a bad day. Feeling so positive at the moment, keep expecting it to change!

Sorry you're probably all getting sick of my posts now! This is the last one, promise!

I tried on a dress tonight, not really really sure why. I bought it for my aunt's wedding a couple of years ago when I was around this weight. It has never really fit me. Was pretty tight but I just didn't breathe out much and sat up very straight! Anyway, tried it on tonight and it fit perfectly :)

ForumRunner_20130121_205506.png

ForumRunner_20130121_205514.png

You look fabulous Caroline. Gorgeous dress. Congratulations for fitting into it honey. X

You look great! Lovely dress.

This is probably going to sound pretty crazy as all I did last night was try on a dress but last night was a real turning point for me. I'd even go as far as to say a life changing moment! This will be a long-ish post so I apologise now!

The thing is, all I've ever known is being fat as that's all I've ever been. I remember being at school as a 14/15 year old and I was buying size 18/20 and within a couple of years I could only shop in places like Etam (If you can remember them you get a pat on the back!), Evans and New Look's Inspire range. There are so many factors behind me getting to that point but the biggest one was that I just didn't know how to fix it, I didn't know how to make things better. Life wasn't great back then and I ate to make things better but it never made things better, it just made me fatter.

So like I said, I bought that dress for my aunt's wedding about 3 years ago. It was just after I'd done Cambridge and lost 3 stone, put probably half back on and then was trying to lose some again through healthy eating. I hated shopping at the time, it wasn't a fun experience, I couldn't shop anywhere and nothing ever made me look or feel nice. I had a summer job and had to wait until I got paid to buy an outfit, which meant I had to go shopping the day before the wedding! All I could do was go to the local high street after work and hope I could find something. I went everywhere, Debenhams - nothing fit. Next - nothing fit. TK Maxx - nothing fit. Everywhere, nothing fit. The clothes if 'fat people shops' weren't suitable because apparently fat people never get dressed up for anything! The final place I tried was Monsoon as I had a voucher for there. I picked up the only dress that was suitable and that I could afford in the biggest size that they had it in. Like I said, it didn't really fit, it was tight, uncomfortable, not overly flattering really but I had no other choice and bought it. Since then I've never worn it again because it fit so badly.

I said the other day that I'm currently 3lbs away from my lowest ever adult weight, what I didn't realise is that I've probably not been this weight since I was 14/15. Suddenly I understand why I was so unhappy with myself as a teenager. I tried the dress on but I was already preparing myself for the disappointment, I even told myself not to bother for whatever reason but I did and I'm glad I did. Like I said last night, it fits perfectly. It doesn't 'just' fit. It fits comfortably. I can slide it on without tugging hard and without even undoing the zip. I can bend, slouch and even breathe like a normal person!

Now this is the life changing bit... Never in my life have I felt beautiful, thought that I looked nice in something. Never have I felt proud of myself or my body, I've always just seen the things I need to do better. I've never felt like I was worth anything, to anyone. I've never felt like I could really achieve the things that I wanted to. Today I do. Some how last night, things have just changed for me. I've realised that losing weight and getting to where I want to be isn't a far off dream, it's not something that's just an unreachable and unattainable wish. Today I realised that I might not be where I want to be YET but I can sure as hell be proud of where I've come from. That was actually a very emotional moment for me. I've never felt those things. I have literally never felt so good or so proud about myself as I did last night, all over a dress!

For those of you that know me well, you'll know how much I hate talking about anything weight related, even from a good point of view. Well, last night I put that picture on Facebook and said how it's never fit me, now it does and soon it'll be too small! NEVER done anything like that. Even yesterday dinner time I felt awkward talking to my mum about how much I've lost since starting S&S! Then I was talking to my sister after, telling her how much I've lost since restarting, how much in total, how much left to go and suddenly I didn't care anymore. Suddenly I was able to feel proud of where I'd come from rather than utterly ashamed of where I still am. Suddenly I feel like I have this big confidence in me that's never been there before. I feel like, and this is the biggy, I've actually learned to love myself and accept myself as I am, not for what I could be.

Who'd have thought I'd get all that from trying on a dress!!

Morning Caroline!

I love your post and truly thought you looked wonderful in that dress -- and besides the fit and color (which suit you), I'm sure how you were feeling was a part of it.

I got a little "giggle" from your Freudian Slip:

" and soon it'll be too small!"

AND SOON IT WILL BE TOO BIG!

We get to used to ourselves being one way we can't even write that WE'LL BE TOO SMALL!

But you will -- you'll always be tall -- but you won't aways be big.

Super post! I hope your day at work goes well and you keep safe. It's very icy out.

Lovely post Caroline and I'm so happy for you! I am loving your attitude and it does indeed just show how something a simple as trying on a dress can change your life, your belief and your outlook! Well done :)

I remember Etam! :)

Have a good day and keep those happy, determined thoughts in your head, today, tomorrow and forever! :)

I remember etam too unfortunately. At 16 i was shopping in there and all my friends were going upstairs to tammy girl!! :(

Fabulous post, fabulous positivity Caroline. What a great feeling when you get that light bulb moment eh?

Onwards and downwards xxx

Thank you for that post Caroline .....

Everyone's weight loss journey is unique and very emotive, thank you for sharing....

I have been tubby, fat, obese, slim , tubby, fat and obese AGAIN .... I do not know where I will end up, but I KNOW I will NEVER be that big, and unhealthy again !!

I hated shopping in Evans, too, this was years ago, before they had designer ranges, etc .... The clothes were awful !! I remember a lot of florals and 'sack' like clothes !!! LOL !!

That cocktail dress is very pretty, I like that style.

Diva x

Touching post! So pleased you feel better about yourself and you look lovely in the dress.

Thanks again for all the lovely comments and posts ladies. I really wouldn't be where I am now (and couldn't reach where I want to be) without all of you.

Oops, yes I did mean the dress would be too big! Ha think I'm just not used to saying that :)

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that remembers Etam or I might have started to think I'd made it up! I understand that feeling completely Squeezy, that's why I always went shopping alone. Not even my mum was allowed to come with me.

Evans clothes really are awful aren't they? Some ok but mostly they're shapeless, fashionless, tasteless pieces of fabric... I can't even call them clothes! I wish that someone would design a range of clothes that are actually really for 'fat people'. Clothes that may be big but are still well fitting. Clothes that are altered to suit a size but still have a sense of fashion and style about them. Clothes that people would actually like to wear. Oh and at a decent price too! I think if a company did that, they'd make an absolute killing. New Look's Inspire range became a god send for me as I felt like they were 'normal' clothes but they took away that section in my local store and a lot of others. Apparently fat people's money just isn't good enough.

Need an excuse to wear this dress now, I may only have it fitting for another month or two! My and Aaron are staying in London for our anniversary (think I mentioned that already?) and have a three course meal booked at the hotel for the Saturday night. It'll probably be too dressy but I might suggest that we get dressed up! I've also got a bottle of champagne. I was given it on my 21st birthday and told to keep it for a special occasion. There've been guys before but I've never made it to a year before and definitely feel like Aaron is different. Maybe this counts as a special enough occasion!

Things have completely changed for me it seems. Today I walked around the supermarket with a basket full of veg and protein and for once I didn't think that people would look at me thinking how that can't possibly be for me because we all know I can't possibly eat healthy things like that. I bought a health and fitness magazine and for once didn't feel ashamed to do that, I didn't think how the cashier would wonder why on earth I was bothering to buy it. I know it sounds ridiculous, it probably is, but I really was that self conscious. Now? I just don't care! Walked around barely even noticing people and didn't think for a second about what they might be thinking about me. Next step... going out dressed nice and not feeling like everyone is looking at me wondering why I even bothered! Baby steps before reaching that one though lol

Oops that turned in to another long one... I need to learn to talk less!!

Back