New Year... New Start - onwards and downwards.

Had an early night, went to sleep shortly after 9.30! It was nice, felt quite tired. It did mean I woke up a bit after midnight and thought that it was nearly time to get up befoe looking at my phone though lol I love that though, when you think it's time to get up and then realise you can go back to sleep! At training this morning so only one lesson in school after lunch.

I think Blackpool is meant to be a bit cheesy but reckon it'll be fun. I love the seaside anyway, so let me have a walk along the beach and a little go on the 2p machines and I'll be happy! £89 is a bargain considering it includes both dinners too so figured it was the best one to go for.

Weighed myself this morning, I know I know, and really am quite disappointed. Tomorrow morning is official WI and I'm only 1.6lbs down. It could still change before tomorrow, I suddenly dropped 1.2lbs overnight on Saturday but I doubt I'll hit 3lbs. 3lbs seems an ok number, less is disappointing, especially when 3lbs would take me to my lowest ever adult weight! Really wanted to hit that this week. Ah well, if not this week it'll be next week. Won't let myself get too disheartened by it, need to stick with this or I won't hit it next week or any week! Going to keep sticking to it 100% today and try and drink plenty of water, see if I can help myself a little before tomorrow morning!

Have a good day all!

Morning Caz,

Your body doesn't know it's weigh day. Lily posted a very interesting article about water retention when losing fat in her diary. It's worth a read.

I've never been to Blackpool -- it's on my "bucket list". I think it'll be awesome and that's a very good price! Kate4 sent me into about Blackpool (she lives near there) I'll forward it to you.

I hope the training is interesting and your day goes well.

You're doing Fab Caz, and I'm looking forward to you replacing your avatar with one where the jeans fit!

Love, love LOVE Blackpool!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am jealous.com :)

So much to see and do whatever age you are! It was hubby and I's very first holiday together destination!

I went twice a year, nearly every year from 1990 to 2000..when my other cherubs were small!..and again in 2003, 2008 and last year too!..if we get away this year..it will be Blackpool again :) Fantastic for kids. wee cherub is a fan, and he's only been twice!!!...but it just as good for adults..you'll love it!!!!

Walks along the 3 piers, entertainment, great shows, pleasure beach (funfair!), indoor waterpark, arcades, sea life centre, a visit to the tower..straight to the top!!!, fortune tellers, shopping, zoo, Victoria Park which I think still has a boating lake, model village, winter gardens etc etc etc etc .Oh forget the diet, fish and chips while you stroll along the promenade, followed by ice cream or candy floss :)

There is a fab night out (if it is open?) on the Central Pier, Can't remember the name :(, but it is on in the Central pier theatre most of the year...its a 'lookalike and soundalike" show. Robbie Williams, Elvis and many, many more..worth a visit! You can have a drink while watching the show at seated tables, I think the tickets were approx 15 pounds!

i could go on and on, but I won't!!! ha ha

Are you going, North, South or Central hun?

Have a good day and good luck for weigh in :)

Ha ha...sorry, a wee bit too overenthusiastic methinks!!!..but I love it :)..Probably because I've never had a bad holiday there and it holds many happy memories for me over 20+ years :)

You've got to love the working class, down to earth, let your hair down kind of holiday to enjoy it!

I would love a meet up there one day :)

Haha thanks Rose, all very useful! Will be completely off plan that weekend. Fish and chips are in order for sure!

Thanks for the PM Mel. I'll take a look.

Have to say, I'm looking forward to going. Seems a fun place. Think we should have a minis meet up there! This summer?

Haha thanks Rose, all very useful! Will be completely off plan that weekend. Fish and chips are in order for sure!

Thanks for the PM Mel. I'll take a look.

Have to say, I'm looking forward to going. Seems a fun place. Think we should have a minis meet up there! This summer?

Last week in August because the illuminations might be started. Des that work with the Scottish school dates?

Last week in August sounds good, school holidays for me! I'm pretty sure that that's school time for Rose though, mid August wee cherub will head back I think.

Breakfast: Strawberry shake
Lunch: Milk truffa bar
Dinner: Curry pack with added cod, mushroom and spinach
Total for the day: 520 cals and 38g of carbs

Water isn't so good, little over 1 litre. Got another bottle next to me, going to try glug it! Bit nervous about WI tomorrow, expecting to be disappointed!

Good luck with the weigh in.

Thanks Mel. Weighed myself this morning, I'm currently 237.4lbs, so that's 2.4lbs down from last week. Not an amazing loss but certainly better than the 1.6lb that I was showing yesterday! My lowest ever adult weight is 237lbs so I'm now 0.4lb away from that. Means that I should beat it next week and set myself a new low. Was hoping that it would be this week, even if I was 236.9! I'll have to settle for next week and hopefully being a couple of lb under it instead :)

Started a reward goal money pot. I've always added my spare change to this big pot, just to empty out my purse when it's getting too full of coins. I added a fair bit of change last night and so it's probably got about £25 in at the moment. Would like to get it to £100 by the end of this. I've decided that I'm going to make that a weekly thing and that all the money in there will be used on some kind of reward once I get to goal, probably some new clothes I would think. Though I want to go on a spa day too, I'd like to now but feel too fat! So that's going to be a goal reward too, me and Aaron are going to go.

Anyway, got to get going. Have a good day all.

Now that I weigh in lbs I don't notice stones quite so much and I don't look at BMI but just spotted a few things in my statistics. This WI means that I'm now in the 16s, NOT the 17s! :D I've now got less than 4 stone to lose, even if it is only by 0.6lb! :D My BMI is 9 points away from where it was when I started :D And I am only 0.4lb away from my lowest ever adult weight like I said, so it really should be a :bliss:this week rather than feeling disappointed! Might not be an amazing loss but still means good things overall.

Thanks Mel. Weighed myself this morning, I'm currently 237.4lbs, so that's 2.4lbs down from last week. Not an amazing loss but certainly better than the 1.6lb that I was showing yesterday! My lowest ever adult weight is 237lbs so I'm now 0.4lb away from that. Means that I should beat it next week and set myself a new low. Was hoping that it would be this week, even if I was 236.9! I'll have to settle for next week and hopefully being a couple of lb under it instead :)

Started a reward goal money pot. I've always added my spare change to this big pot, just to empty out my purse when it's getting too full of coins. I added a fair bit of change last night and so it's probably got about £25 in at the moment. Would like to get it to £100 by the end of this. I've decided that I'm going to make that a weekly thing and that all the money in there will be used on some kind of reward once I get to goal, probably some new clothes I would think. Though I want to go on a spa day too, I'd like to now but feel too fat! So that's going to be a goal reward too, me and Aaron are going to go.

Anyway, got to get going. Have a good day all.

Now that I weigh in lbs I don't notice stones quite so much and I don't look at BMI but just spotted a few things in my statistics. This WI means that I'm now in the 16s, NOT the 17s! :D I've now got less than 4 stone to lose, even if it is only by 0.6lb! :D My BMI is 9 points away from where it was when I started :D And I am only 0.4lb away from my lowest ever adult weight like I said, so it really should be a :bliss:this week rather than feeling disappointed! Might not be an amazing loss but still means good things overall.

WHOOP! WHOOP! Freaking Fantastic! I soooooo pleased for you!!! In the next stone and "this close" to your lowest adult weight!!! And that's a very good loss. RedPam and I were talking about our LL days and after the first few weeks anything more than a 3 pound loss was exceptional. The lower you go the slower the losses will be -- as you with less so burn fewer calories. You're going from an Mondeo to a Corsa and will burn less fuel. So, be totally chuffed!!!

Good idea on the reward jar! But treats along the way are nice, too.

That is good news Caroline and the correct attitude to everything. sometimes we get hung up on the lbs and ounces and forget there is magic happening elsewhere :)

I think I suggested Blackpool last year when we discussed the possibility of a meet up, but Dawn, for personal reasons, felt uncomfortable going there. I wonder how she is getting on? I must make contact with her soon. Anyway, there is always other meet ups which Dawn, if she wants to, could attend! I am sure Blackpool won't be the only one!

Late August no good for me ladies sorry. as Caroline says, wee cherub back to school mid August!..BUT, of course you must go ahead and suit everyone else, no problem, there will be plenty other times for meet ups which include me!!!..you have been warned!!! hee hee

Enjoy your day Caroline :)

Amazing Caroline!!! Absolutely loving the statistics, well done honey you are doing fantastically!! :)

Thanks ladies :)

What about early August for a meet up?

ForumRunner_20130130_123832.png

Being tempted by this in the staff room :-(

Joining Aaron for a night out with his old work colleagues the first weekend in March. It's apparently a smart casual thing, nice bar in town. Don't know what to wear!

Joining Aaron for a night out with his old work colleagues the first weekend in March. It's apparently a smart casual thing, nice bar in town. Don't know what to wear!

How about that dress?

Back