New Year... New Start - onwards and downwards.

Evening Caz,

I've done all-inclusive when I've hone with a friend and not the family -- as then it really is a break. I don't get my money's worth, as I drink very little and try to watch what I eat. But, if I go with CFF --she's 5'11 and can drink almost anyone under the table (and is a foodie) --I figure she makes up for me! ;)

Tunisia? I'd check the travel advisories -- before booking.

Just be very careful with the star ratings. What we they say is 4* is probably more like a low 3* to us. Sounds like a fab deal though. You are right about getting the deals while you can. Not really sure what the answer is to that one.

Tunisia is fine. Aaron's been before, my sister went last year. Know quite a few people who have been and they've never had any problems. Didn't think it was a country with any particular issues, might be wrong. Found a couple of good deals but going to pop to the travel agent after school to see if they can do any better. Aaron's parents are apparently going away too and want us to come but not sure if that'll happen. Will see when he speaks to his mum about it tomorrow.

Ah yeah, I always take their star ratings with a little pinch of salt! We've been looking up each place on tripadvisor and this one has 4/5 in reviews, which I think is fairly good.

Aaron spoke to his mum. Apparently they've not booked anything yet but she has booked time off work and they want to go. I really don't want to end up missing out on deals though! Printed off the two that I found yesterday and I'm going to go into a couple of travel agents after school today, see if they've got anything better or if they can beat it. I think that, unless people make a decision soon, we'll end up booking just for ourselves if we see a good deal.

New S&S order comes today... I forgot to order any curry packs and dark truffa bars! Oops, somehow just didn't see them on the order list. Ah well, I'll make Aaron order some with his for me :) Can't believe I'm on to week 5, it's gone so quickly. I've also ordered some of their 'GoFibre' which is meant to help keep you regular in the toilet department. Like many people, that's something that I sometimes have a bit of an issue with. The fibre just mixes into the shakes, can't taste it, so thought it was worth a try.

Want to peak at the scales and see if I've beat 237lbs! Trying to resist though so I can just see it next week :)

Morning CG!

I'm with you -- make your plans. I like tripadvisor, too. Oops on the missing items, but yay to back up option! You could be at a new low on Monday! Fingers crossed! ;)

Holiday booked!!

Holiday booked!!

OMG!!! That's amazing. I'm so pleased for you Caz, I know how long you have waited to get a holiday booked. Details please. I will have to live my holiday dreams through you now. :)

Yup Tunisia! Went to travel agents today to see if they could beat the deal. Thomson couldn't and didn't even suggest anything else, just looked at lots of stuff and said sorry. Thomas Cook woman was great, looked trough different places, dates etc. to find a good deal. In the end the best she could do was 4* Kanta Resort in Port el Kanatoui, a week all inclusive for £568 each. The other one was £461, 3* and about 2 hours from the airport, this is 45 mins. Aaron has been there before and said it's great. Called him to check it was ok and booked it then! Going 21st August, back on the 29th. 22nd is Aaron's birthday so that'll be really nice. Looking forward to it!

201 days to get slim!!

Yup Tunisia! Went to travel agents today to see if they could beat the deal. Thomson couldn't and didn't even suggest anything else, just looked at lots of stuff and said sorry. Thomas Cook woman was great, looked trough different places, dates etc. to find a good deal. In the end the best she could do was 4* Kanta Resort in Port el Kanatoui, a week all inclusive for £568 each. The other one was £461, 3* and about 2 hours from the airport, this is 45 mins. Aaron has been there before and said it's great. Called him to check it was ok and booked it then! Going 21st August, back on the 29th. 22nd is Aaron's birthday so that'll be really nice. Looking forward to it!

201 days to get slim!!

Now you've really got something to aim for, so pleased for you :)

Fab holiday! Whoop! Lucky girl.

Why am I awake?! I get only 2 days a week to sleep in past 5.15am and today I'm still awake a bit before 7 when my room is completely dark! *sigh*

I'm so excited about the holiday and want to start doing things for it but it's still 200 days away!! Isn't really anything that I can do for it. Can't buy clothes cos at the moment I'm still fat but hopefully I won't be by then. Not sure what size I will be though! Can't pack. Can't plan. Can't do anything! I've never booked this far in advance before so it's strange to not have a list of things to do.

Popped on the scales this morning, 236.2 which UNOFFICIALLY puts me at my lowest weight EVER! WI is at about 6am though and I actually seem to weigh a little less at around 8am so I may not see quite as good a loss as this is predicting but by Weds I should definitely be under 237 officially. Looking forward to updating tickers and making it official lol

Losses have been ok lately but not as good as they should be really. Only a little lower though but going to try and just do 4 packs a day and forget about the protein meal for now, see if that helps shift it a bit. Also, water, must drink more water! Though I keep saying it, I'm not doing it. Some days I'm getting little more than a litre which really isn't good enough at all. Need signs and post its everywhere just saying WATER!

At home this weekend and Aaron is at his so going to try do a few school bits and just chill. What have other people got planned for the weekend?

Last edited:
Caz glad it's not just me who wakes up early at the weekend! I'm the same as you with the water, I can get a litre down, but struggle with more, I need to up mine as well,I know I'll find it easier in the summer, but in the winter I just don't feel like drinking water.

DH is working today, so I've a few bit's to get from the shops, then I'll catch up on the housework, hopefully get out for a walk tomorrow weather permitting, then we are going around to see some friends

Morning Caz -

Why am I awake?! I get only 2 days a week to sleep in past 5.15am and today I'm still awake a bit before 7 when my room is completely dark! *sigh*

I'm so excited about the holiday and want to start doing things for it but it's still 200 days away!! Isn't really anything that I can do for it. Can't buy clothes cos at the moment I'm still fat but hopefully I won't be by then. Not sure what size I will be though! Can't pack. Can't plan. Can't do anything! I've never booked this far in advance before so it's strange to not have a list of things to do.

Popped on the scales this morning, 236.2 which UNOFFICIALLY puts me at my lowest weight EVER! WI is at about 6am though and I actually seem to weigh a little less at around 8am so I may not see quite as good a loss as this is predicting but by Weds I should definitely be under 237 officially. Looking forward to updating tickers and making it official lol

Losses have been ok lately but not as good as they should be really. Only a little lower though but going to try and just do 4 packs a day and forget about the protein meal for now, see if that helps shift it a bit. Also, water, must drink more water! Though I keep saying it, I'm not doing it. Some days I'm getting little more than a litre which really isn't good enough at all. Need signs and post its everywhere just saying WATER!

At home this weekend and Aaron is at his so going to try do a few school bits and just chill. What have other people got planned for the weekend?

Re: The Trip

Make sure your passport, any visa, vaccinations, etc. are in order.

You could make a packing list -- start a savings fund for those clothes nS spending money -- read up n the area (history, tours, shopping opportunities, culture, etc.). Try and learn some phrases in the local language.

Start looking for deals on sun screen, etc. check your luggage and travel kit - if it needs sorting or replacing get that in order. Gather addresses for post cards - including mine -- ;)

The losses are good - its not a steady thing. Some weeks will be lower than others. Are you doing any fitness? You'll want to tone up for that swimsuit.

I hope yo have a good weekend. I had a friend who always got up and got going really early on his day's off -- he used to say "This is MY TIME, I'm not going to waste it sleeping!". He got more done before other people even rolled out of bed. A happy fit fellow he was...

So, enjoy enjoy enjoy YOUR TIME!

Woohoooo to booking the holiday Caz..how exciting :) and well done at weigh in results :)

The holiday will keep you motivated hun, I look forward to reading all your losses between now and August!

How lovely to celebrate Aaron's birthday while you are on holiday..and although one big family holiday is a good idea and can be fun..I think you made the right decision to grab the bargain price for just you and Aaron :)

Maybe you could start' changing' your holiday spending cash on a monthly basis...to confirm to yourself that you are actually going? ;)... it might make the holiday feel closer?..and you could see a nice wee holiday fund pot growing every month!

I've never been to Tunisia...enjoy, enjoy, enjoy :)

Ooh what a good list of things to do! LIST!! I can make a list!!! haha I feel that only Squeezy would really appreciate this as much as I do :p

Tunisia is a closed currency, not allowed to take any dinar in or out! So apparently you have to take £s and change it there or you take travellers cheques. Otherwise I like that idea Rose. As we're going all inclusive I don't think we'll need much extra money. I want to go for a camel ride though!

I have been reading up on Tunisia a little this morning actually. Seeing what's around, if there's anything to go and visit on any of the days. Plenty to still do there though, will keep me busy for a bit :)

I've checked passports today, both need at least 6 months left on them which they do. No visa requirements, which is unusual for Africa. Yellow fever vaccinations are only required if you're coming from a risk area, I've had that anyway though.

Good point on the travel kit actually Mel. My suit case has seen better days so I'll probably invest in a new one. I walked by Boots yesterday and they've got good deals on sun cream at the moment and I've got some Boots points so might be worth buying it sooner rather than later. I find those kind of deals seem to disappear closer to the time when more people want to buy it.

Addresses, yes that's a good point! Lots of moves since I last went away so I'll need to get updated addresses. PM me your address Mel and I'll add you to the list! And anyone else that wants a post card :)

I'm not doing any fitness at the moment no. I started to do yoga but don't think that'll do much. I was thinking the same thing this morning, need to get some kind of fitness in. Don't think I could do Kettleworx or Turbo Jam on this diet so need to find something else that's a decent work out but not too intense. Any suggestions welcome!

I've found a great app on my phone today. It's called My Diet Coach - Weight Loss. It allows you to set yourself goals/diet reminders. So things like a motivational quote every day/week/month at a certain time will pop up on your phone. Or your goal, saying how much you want to lose and why. There are also 'perseverance tips' under lots of different headings like food cravings, eating out, hunger, exercise laziness and motivation fades, good tips and quotes to help keep you on track. One they've got in the vacation section is 'Imagine wearing a bikini on your next vacation. It is your choice.' I like it! I don't think I'll have a bikini worthy bod but I would like to look decent in a swimsuit. I've set it as my phone wallpaper/background.

I want to go on holiday and look good, wear what I want, feel confident and not have to cover up. Have to stick with it!

Ooh I like that idea! Where have you seen that Amy?

Back