New Year... New Start - onwards and downwards.

Afternoon all! God I'm in a good mood this evening. Just been a good day. Finding out I was shortlisted for that job when I didn't think I would be was a great start to the day. My head came in this morning and said that the head from the school had phoned and talked to her saying he was trying to contact me. Nice that they're willing to go to that much effort, even more so that he's driving all the way here to watch me teach. So was a good start and then had a few moments today where kids just made my job so worthwhile. One girl who at the beginning of the year could do very little independently did some fairly challenging (for her) maths completely independently. A boy I've struggled with in terms of behaviour and motivation seems to have turned a corner too. So just felt rewarding today and then spoke to my head after school and she said she's written my reference and said some lovely things about me. She said about the school being in special measures at the moment which I didn't realise but she said she thinks I'm the kind of person that could handle it and even thrive :D Then went to view a house after school. 400 a month including all bills, MASSIVE room, housemates my age and all professional, 15 minute walk from school, attic room with toilet next door (only one who uses that toilet) and... wait for it... A JACUZZI AND SAUNA!!!! :eek::eek: In the little room next to the one for rent. Was so impressed! Told him I'll take it, should be ready next weekend.

And, most importantly, the sun is shining!!!! :D

You can all come round and we'll have a jacuzzi, sauna and BBQ party!!!

Found a link to the brochure for my new house. Don't really want to post on here as it's got the address on it but if you want to see let me know and I'll send you the link in a PM.

Have had a look, there's a SW meeting on Wednesdays at 6.30pm. That's late enough to be able to make it after staff meeting but possibly too late for while I'm still where I am now, would finish at about 7.30pm and I wouldn't be home until 8.45pm. There is one at 5pm but a lady from school goes and I find that a bit uncomfortable, don't want to go with her! The other lady (also called Caroline) who does it I would go with but she goes at 3.30pm and I can't get there for then as we only finish at 3.15 and have a staff meeting anyway. There's a Thursday one at 6pm which would probably work better. The 5pm one is a man again, I need to get over my issues with men lol

So, food for today.

Breakfast: S&S pack
Lunch: Chicken and roast veg, fruit salad
Dinner: Baked sweet potato, chicken breast with sweet chilli saucy, cheesy baked flat mushroom
Cals: 1186

Not bad! Possibly need to eat a few more and do exercise too. There's a cross trainer and bike in the room at the house that aren't ever used and just kept there because of the space. Told him I'm happy for him to keep them there as long as I can use them!

Nah get DH to book you a flight!!

Sweet chilli saucy eh Caz??? Sounds kinky :8855:

Food today sounds fab hun. Well done :)

Wow fantastic news Caz, the new room and the 2nd interview, good that the head is coming to see you teach, where is the school?

Hi Caz!

Afternoon all! God I'm in a good mood this evening. Just been a good day. Finding out I was shortlisted for that job when I didn't think I would be was a great start to the day. My head came in this morning and said that the head from the school had phoned and talked to her saying he was trying to contact me. Nice that they're willing to go to that much effort, even more so that he's driving all the way here to watch me teach. So was a good start and then had a few moments today where kids just made my job so worthwhile. One girl who at the beginning of the year could do very little independently did some fairly challenging (for her) maths completely independently. A boy I've struggled with in terms of behaviour and motivation seems to have turned a corner too. So just felt rewarding today and then spoke to my head after school and she said she's written my reference and said some lovely things about me. She said about the school being in special measures at the moment which I didn't realise but she said she thinks I'm the kind of person that could handle it and even thrive :D Then went to view a house after school. 400 a month including all bills, MASSIVE room, housemates my age and all professional, 15 minute walk from school, attic room with toilet next door (only one who uses that toilet) and... wait for it... A JACUZZI AND SAUNA!!!! :eek::eek: In the little room next to the one for rent. Was so impressed! Told him I'll take it, should be ready next weekend.

And, most importantly, the sun is shining!!!! :D

OMG -- this is all so wonderful! How fab your new place sounds. I loved those ah ha moments with my students. I'm totally psyched that this head teacher wants to come see you teach. I'll bring the burgers for the BBQ!

@Night-Owl --

Never been to a class with a man in it, never mind leading it! Depends on how much he has lost. If he had lost loads I would probably be OK with that but have you checked out if there is WW in your area. Or better still, a Rosemary Conley class. I used to love RC as it was low-fat healthy eating and there was an aerobics session at the class so it felt like you were getting more for your money but there doesn't seem to be as many of them around unfortunately. Is it the weekly weigh-in you want particularly? As I think they all offer the eating plans online now.

I did RC and loved it. You do feel like you're getting more out of it than when you just sit in a meeting. But, the nearest ones are over towards Cambridge.

So happy for you Caz, it must be a huge relief for you :) Your new place sounds ideal for a minis party...I might even get over my fear of water and jump in the jacuzzi ;) Very well done!

Now..go get that perfect job..it has your name written all over it :)

Going to sleep at 9.30 was a good idea until now when I'm wide awake at 4.30!

Thanks ladies. Was just so nice to have such a positive day yesterday. It's very rare that so many things go my way in a day! Find out about the job today but don't think that'll go my way. To be honest I'll be ok about that. I didn't get shown around the school so haven't developed a strong opinion on it. The job would be nice but I don't have my heart set on it our anything so we'll see.

I looked into RC but there aren't any nearby classes here either. Like you Mel, I liked that you got a bit more for your money.

Big kitchen too Rose, perfect for parties! When can I expect you all?!

Got back to sleep eventually and then ended up struggling to take up again, typical! I also seem to have slept funny so I now have a sore neck and can't rotate it properly. Just what I need for our swimming lesson later! :rolleyes:

Sorry Frances, didn't mean to ignore your question before. Lost 3lbs doing a week of calorie counting, could have been a little more if we'd had a better weekend I think. Have said to Aaron that we need to start cooking for ourselves at his house, we do at mine so it's easier. Just isn't always the healthiest food at his, it's ok but not too good if you're trying to lose weight really. So that should help. Will be a couple of weeks before I'm back to my lowest weight again though I think.

Still not sure whether to do SW or just calorie counting. I like the freedom of SW to some extent as you don't have to weigh free foods but then the syns are just more complicated. On the other hand CC is counting absolutely everything. At least I have the MFP app for that on my phone, not sure about a SW one. Decisions decisions.

It's really encouraging to see you lose so much coming off a VLCD - did you switch straight from one to the other? I'm contemplating what to do after Egypt - I have a month supply of S&S to use when I get back but then thinking of switching to the 'normal' way. I'm fed up with feeling rotten periodically!

You are doing so well - very inspiring! X

That is a brilliant loss! I struggle to lose 2lbs a week on CD! And as Nef says it is so encouraging to hear that there are such great losses after coming off a vlcd. Well done for sticking so well to it. You wanted a plan that would allow you to relax at the weekend, and here you have found it I'd say. If you can have a nice weekend and still lose 3lbs why not to stick with it for now? Maybe look at SW when you move?

Morning Caz!

Sunny here -- I hope it is to the west!

Got back to sleep eventually and then ended up struggling to take up again, typical! I also seem to have slept funny so I now have a sore neck and can't rotate it properly. Just what I need for our swimming lesson later! :rolleyes:

Sorry Frances, didn't mean to ignore your question before. Lost 3lbs doing a week of calorie counting, could have been a little more if we'd had a better weekend I think. Have said to Aaron that we need to start cooking for ourselves at his house, we do at mine so it's easier. Just isn't always the healthiest food at his, it's ok but not too good if you're trying to lose weight really. So that should help. Will be a couple of weeks before I'm back to my lowest weight again though I think.

Still not sure whether to do SW or just calorie counting. I like the freedom of SW to some extent as you don't have to weigh free foods but then the syns are just more complicated. On the other hand CC is counting absolutely everything. At least I have the MFP app for that on my phone, not sure about a SW one. Decisions decisions.

Three pounds!!! Whoop!!! I think the cooking is a good idea -- DH and I often work as team at dinner. He is sort of my sous chef. ;). I'm training DD, too. She's more of less wait staff working up to assistant.

I was thinking (I know... It hurt! But, I did it). If you join SW and do the pay monthly rather than at the meeting -- you can go to whatever meeting works for you and you access to the very good online site. Then, you can "shop around" and even do a meeting near Aaron's, etc. there are people at our local SW who are at goal (don't pay) but still pop in years' later to weigh, say, "Hi", etc.

That is a brilliant loss! I struggle to lose 2lbs a week on CD! And as Nef says it is so encouraging to hear that there are such great losses after coming off a vlcd. Well done for sticking so well to it. You wanted a plan that would allow you to relax at the weekend, and here you have found it I'd say. If you can have a nice weekend and still lose 3lbs why not to stick with it for now? Maybe look at SW when you move?

Me, too -- bites not being young!

Back