New Year... New Start - onwards and downwards.

Asda left me a voicemail today but accidentally deleted it,oops!!

Phoned to find out what was said... They've refunded me for the towel and that's it. Their customer service is actually shocking. I had the choice of shopping in Asda or Tesco. I had decided to use Asda but I think I'll go with Tesco who I haven't had any problems with and who give me clubcard points.

Quiet chilled day today I think. Waiting for a courier to collect my S&S parcels and think after last night we'd both enjoy just a chill. We've got Game of Thrones and Arrow to watch anyway :)

Sounds like an ideal restful weekend.

I'd complain further up the chain.

Ah so nice to wake up this morning knowing I don't have to go to work when technically I should! I have got lots to do today though - planning, marking, preparing for my observation tomorrow, getting started on reports! Plenty to keep me busy. I'm going to relax until 9ish and then start, stop for a lunch break and then carry on and get as much done as possible! I kind of feel like baking today, not sure whether I will or not though, I don't want to eat the things I bake!

I am going to complain higher up the chain if I can find details Mel. I'm really surprised that with the number of complaints that I put into the email, they responded to just one by offering a £3 refund for the towel. I'd actually have rathered they'd sent me the towel I ordered to be honest!

Put a sweet potato in the oven last night for my tea and went back down 45 minutes later to find that the oven was still making all the right noises but it was stone cold! Had to make up an omelette instead lol Going to have to find out from one of my housemates how to work the oven so I can have that tonight instead.

Morning Caz,

I gave you the info to complain in an earlier post:

For complaints or other feedback related to a product bought in stores or an experience with in-store service, you may write or phone Asda at this address & telephone number: Asda Customer Service, ASDA House, Southbank, Great Wilson Street, Leeds LS11 5AD, T: 08009520101 (lines open Monday to Friday 8am-8pm, Saturday 9am-5:30pm, Sunday 10am-4pm).

LOL -- I always seem to "have" to learn how to use an oven when we move house.

Good luck getting everything done and with your observation.

Ah that's who I went to before and they weren't much help so I emailed. I may give them a try again.

Well I'm not sure where I went wrong with the oven really! I put it to the temperature and I put it to the setting, it made noises like the fan was on but it didn't heat up. I'll ask someone in the house when I see anyone around, there must be some special trick!

Ah that's who I went to before and they weren't much help so I emailed. I may give them a try again.

Well I'm not sure where I went wrong with the oven really! I put it to the temperature and I put it to the setting, it made noises like the fan was on but it didn't heat up. I'll ask someone in the house when I see anyone around, there must be some special trick!

Probably something with the "clock" feature or oven lock. There's always a little "catch".

Good afternoon Caz, are you enjoying your Monday off? three week until half term I think, ours is the last week in may, but it is a very busy time as GCSE's start very soon. Y11s getting excited for their prom, and they are all taking scrap books around getting people to sign them and include photos etc, it doesn't seem 5 monutes since DD was doing that but it's 5 years - where does the time go?

Love love LOVE sweet potato! I tend to have them just baked at the moment or sometimes chopped up and roasted with veg, need some new ideas so if you have any, send them my way :)

Managed to work out the problem with the oven, I'd put it on to a setting where the fan was on but the oven wasn't actually on. What's the point in having a setting just for the fan to be on?!

It's an ok Monday thanks Trisha, still plenty of work to do. Did some planning today for this coming week but just realised that I'm losing my PPA and NQT time this week due to being at an interview in Manchester so I'll need to get the week afters at least started on too. Ours is that same week, it's crazy how quickly it's going isn't it? We're then back for a week, I've then got SATs week, then phonics checks and then it's 5 weeks until the summer holidays! I really need to get on the job hunt properly and stop being complacent just in the hope that I get this one on Thursday!

Love love LOVE sweet potato! I tend to have them just baked at the moment or sometimes chopped up and roasted with veg, need some new ideas so if you have any, send them my way :)

Managed to work out the problem with the oven, I'd put it on to a setting where the fan was on but the oven wasn't actually on. What's the point in having a setting just for the fan to be on?!

That setting is fantastic for defrosting things. Works wonders for me as I generally don't like using the microwave for that purpose. :)

Sounds busy my lovely. Have you had chance to get out and see the sun?
I was just saying to Craig yesterday that i can't believe we are in may already. I can still remember Christmas like it was yesterday.

But it doesn't warm up at all so how does that defrost it?

I saw the sun a little Squeezy, not as much as I'd like though. Would love to be at a BBQ or in a beer garden right now! I popped into town though as we've basically got no plates in the house so if just a couple are dirty and in rooms, there's nothing to use. So popped to Wilkinsons and bought some cheap ones and had a little wander around the shops. It really is gorgeous outside, far nicer than I'd realised actually.

It's not supposed to warm up :p The fan-only function is to circulate the air around inside the oven, so that the item defrosts quicker with an airflow. It works and defrosts things in half the time it would take if it was just sat at room temperature. :)

Though I have to say I cheat and put it on 50 degrees & normal fan mode instead if I've left it too late ... :)

Ah right, didn't know that!

Steak and baked sweet potato for my tea tonight now that I know how to work the oven, looking forward to it! It's my lesson observation tomorrow so whether I've finished all my work or not I'm going to not work any later than about 6.30pm and just have a chilled evening and early night. Got a decent lesson planned, nothing too all singing all dancing but it's a good, solid lesson that shows my teaching skills. Hopefully it'll go well! I actually really want this job, not sure why, just have good vibes about it and want it!

Fingers crossed for you.

Thanks Mel. I had a dream about it last night and though I didn't think it went great, the head gave me really good feedback but there were some things that went a little wrong that have made me think to do certain things today. So maybe my dream will have helped a bit lol Hopefully it'll go ok, I think it should do.

Thanks Mel. I had a dream about it last night and though I didn't think it went great, the head gave me really good feedback but there were some things that went a little wrong that have made me think to do certain things today. So maybe my dream will have helped a bit lol Hopefully it'll go ok, I think it should do.

Oh probably, your brain probably kept "working on it" as you slept. Good luck.

Back