New Year... New Start - onwards and downwards.

Just priced it all up. I've planned for things on toast in the morning (scrambled egg or beans) with a piece of fruit, lunch is jacket potato with some kind of topping and salad with a yogurt, different things for tea and then extra fruit and yogurts for snacks. Some things I'll over order, like eggs is a pack of 30 to get them cheapest and they'll last 2-3 weeks, muller yoghurts and a pack of chicken that I'd freeze half of.

So a week of shopping came to £34.05 but considering the extra eggs, chicken and yogurts I reckon around £5-6 is stuff that will be used the next week so probably more like £28 for a week's worth. That only allows for bananas and apples and knowing me I'll end up spending more on fruit, I always do,but I still think that it's pretty cheap really. I don't actually buy anything extra that's specifically SW, like the scan bread or hifi bars, and I don't then spend money popping to Tesco for lunch which costs me £4-5 so I think that in the long run it's actually cheaper.

Just priced it all up. I've planned for things on toast in the morning (scrambled egg or beans) with a piece of fruit, lunch is jacket potato with some kind of topping and salad with a yogurt, different things for tea and then extra fruit and yogurts for snacks. Some things I'll over order, like eggs is a pack of 30 to get them cheapest and they'll last 2-3 weeks, muller yoghurts and a pack of chicken that I'd freeze half of.

So a week of shopping came to £34.05 but considering the extra eggs, chicken and yogurts I reckon around £5-6 is stuff that will be used the next week so probably more like £28 for a week's worth. That only allows for bananas and apples and knowing me I'll end up spending more on fruit, I always do,but I still think that it's pretty cheap really. I don't actually buy anything extra that's specifically SW, like the scan bread or hifi bars, and I don't then spend money popping to Tesco for lunch which costs me £4-5 so I think that in the long run it's actually cheaper.

Super planning.

Thanks Mel. I'm out for dinner today with people from work, badly timed! It's an Italian so I'm not sure what there's going to be that will be SW friendly really. I've had a look at the menu so that i know what to expect and have a plan in mind. There's another lady here that does SW but she's not coming, she's very very strict with herself and apparently when they last went she ended up paying £20 odd for a steak and coke because the potatoes were smothered in garlic butter so she didn't eat them. So she's not coming which is a shame, I was hoping to sit next to her so that she could help me choose a good option.

See all our menus and prices

This is the menu, we're doing the Early Bird menu. For starter I was thinking the soup would probably be best, unless they'll agree to cook the fish without frying it. Main I was thinking either the steak (ask for sauce on the side so I don't have to have it) or chicken with red wine sauce, not ideal but best of the choices I would think and I'll skip pudding. How does that sound, do those choices sound for the best? That's if any of you know SW! I've asked over on there too.

That's pretty good! It would probably work out cheaper per person for me because I'd be buying for two. I just reckon I might have to come over to SW! X

Yeah it probably would, damn Aaron changing his mind! He'll join me on it in September though. Already want it to be weds so I can weigh in lol

Thanks Mel. I'm out for dinner today with people from work, badly timed! It's an Italian so I'm not sure what there's going to be that will be SW friendly really. I've had a look at the menu so that i know what to expect and have a plan in mind. There's another lady here that does SW but she's not coming, she's very very strict with herself and apparently when they last went she ended up paying £20 odd for a steak and coke because the potatoes were smothered in garlic butter so she didn't eat them. So she's not coming which is a shame, I was hoping to sit next to her so that she could help me choose a good option.

See all our menus and prices

This is the menu, we're doing the Early Bird menu. For starter I was thinking the soup would probably be best, unless they'll agree to cook the fish without frying it. Main I was thinking either the steak (ask for sauce on the side so I don't have to have it) or chicken with red wine sauce, not ideal but best of the choices I would think and I'll skip pudding. How does that sound, do those choices sound for the best? That's if any of you know SW! I've asked over on there too.

Soup for starter
Chicken or steak with sauce on the side

Both should be okay from SW

But I'm paying for it... lol Depends how hungry I am but if I'm turning down pudding and possibly some of my main, I'll be paying £13 for a meal that won't fill me up too much.

But you're also paying for SW classes and all this healthy stuff you bought, why sabotage it for the sake of a few quid? What's important here? Your diet or getting value for money? See how you feel on the night but don't eat just because it's there.

Soup is very Slimming World friendly. In fact, I read a study that said people who have soup for at least one meal a day weigh 10% less than than people who do not.

Why does a starter mean sabotaging anything? Soup, unless full of cream, is very healthy usually so I wouldn't haven't a problem having it. A meal out, which has been planned for weeks, isn't me sabotaging anything, it's me ensuring that regardless of what I do or don't eat I have a good evening and that I carry on completely to plan after.

I had pretty much what I wanted this evening but was sensible in my choices. Chose things I wanted without going over board and whilst keeping the diet in mind. I did share a pudding and I don't even care lol I never go out for a meal like that, in fact I can't tell you the last time I went out to a 'proper' restaurant. It was a lovely evening full of chatting, smiling and laughing and I'm glad to have had it before I leave next month. Lovely night.

No idea how many syns were in dinner but I had 1 during the day today, 0 yesterday an plan on having 0 tomorrow too so I'm really not worried about it.

I think the meal was good planning and don't worry about the syns too much. I used to have plenty of meals out every so often and it didn't affect me too much, it was other things that ruined it for me. Also don't restrict syns completely tomorrow either, try to have a few. Next time you go out maybe you could use flexi syns for that day?

Maybe sabotage was too strong a word, sorry, I was just saying what I would say to myself in those situations. Glad you had a good night out.

Hi Aymz, long time no see! How are you doing?

I'm not worried about one meal out because that's all I'm going to let it be, just one meal out, straight back on track this morning. I'm not planning any syns into my days at all really, I'm leaving them for when I feel like them rather than having them for the sake of it. Like yesterday, I had ONE chocolate finger (which I made last 5 minutes!) in the staff room because I fancied it but didn't have any others, until I went out for dinner anyway. Why does it make a difference though not having syns? I've heard quite a few people say you shouldhave at least 5 a day. I would understand if you were not eating much but if you eat plenty but it's all syn free, why does it mean you lose less? Anyone have any ideas?

Morning Caz!

Why does a starter mean sabotaging anything? Soup, unless full of cream, is very healthy usually so I wouldn't haven't a problem having it. A meal out, which has been planned for weeks, isn't me sabotaging anything, it's me ensuring that regardless of what I do or don't eat I have a good evening and that I carry on completely to plan after.

I had pretty much what I wanted this evening but was sensible in my choices. Chose things I wanted without going over board and whilst keeping the diet in mind. I did share a pudding and I don't even care lol I never go out for a meal like that, in fact I can't tell you the last time I went out to a 'proper' restaurant. It was a lovely evening full of chatting, smiling and laughing and I'm glad to have had it before I leave next month. Lovely night.

No idea how many syns were in dinner but I had 1 during the day today, 0 yesterday an plan on having 0 tomorrow too so I'm really not worried about it.

I'm glad you had a good night out. I think Slimming World has a eating out guide.

Hi Aymz, long time no see! How are you doing?

I'm not worried about one meal out because that's all I'm going to let it be, just one meal out, straight back on track this morning. I'm not planning any syns into my days at all really, I'm leaving them for when I feel like them rather than having them for the sake of it. Like yesterday, I had ONE chocolate finger (which I made last 5 minutes!) in the staff room because I fancied it but didn't have any others, until I went out for dinner anyway. Why does it make a difference though not having syns? I've heard quite a few people say you shouldhave at least 5 a day. I would understand if you were not eating much but if you eat plenty but it's all syn free, why does it mean you lose less? Anyone have any ideas?

Don't know? Without the syns your calories might be a bit low?

I'll have a look and see if they do. We're going to see the lion king at the theatre today so may end up eating out. Not sure whether we will or not so want to have a plan just in case.

I've not been having many syns but can't imagine my calories are too low. I don't know, I'll have them when I fancy them or when, like tonight, my meal has something with syns in such as sausages but if it gets to the end of a day and I've had less than 5 syns and am not hungry and don't fancy anything then I'm not going to have them just for the sake of it.

Made a lovely snack yesterday afternoon as I was too rushed to have breakfast and then by 4 I rather peckish knowing we wouldn't have tea til Aaron arrived after 8.

1372485145517.jpg

It's layers of fruit (frozen summer fruits), vanilla muller light and Jordan's natural muesli so syn free and hex b for the muesli, was gorgeous and yet so simple. Tea was SW chips, mixed veg and I did a chicken breast in my own mish mash jerk marinade and Aaron had it with fish cakes. Yummy and healthy! Working through everything in the freezer as there's a lot and don't want to have to chuck it when I move.

Morning Caz! The parfait looks amazing. Great food planning. I KNOW you'll enjoy the show.

Very excited about it, I've wanted to see it for years. I nearly didn't get tickets but I'm really glad I did.

Lion King was amazing, every inch as good as I'd hoped and worth every penny. Aaron bought a drink and a cookie in Greggs just before hearing to the theatre, I bought a diet coke and then a punnet of strawberries from the market for my snack lol I think I probably enjoyed them more than I would have a cookie really. We went for dinner after to Nandos, I have downloaded the SW app so I checked out what I would have there and had the butterfly chicken, spicy rice and corn on the cob which was the lowest possible option but what I like anyway. Aaron suggested Pizza Hut as there was no queue there, said no. He wanted to order takeaway late last night as he had a craving for a burger! Said I didn't want it and persuaded him not to too. So I'm feeling pretty proud of myself, feel like I'm back in the zone.

So yesterday I had 8 syns, the day before I think I had 3. For a weekend that's pretty damn good for me and it's shown me I've made the right choice. If I was doing S&S I'd have had far worse because anything out would be off plan and I had the stupid mentality of well if I'm gonna do it might as well for it properly! Let's hope all this continues, just over 7 weeks til holiday. I could lose a stone in that time if I do and that's what I need to keep in mind.

Back