New Year... New Start - onwards and downwards.

Thanks Diva :)

Don't they also give you the shopping list for that weekly menu? I might be wrong though but seem to remember seeing that. Will you join a meeting Nef?

Had a look through my freezer and it's a good thing I did, got a fair not in there. There's enough meat and fish for 13/14 meals plus I have 2 lots in the fridge too and I'm only actually in the house for 15 more evening meals once I take out two weekends in Manchester. It's all just plain normal meat other than a piece of breaded fish so all suitable for SW. LOTS of chicken so I'm going to have to come up with some interesting chicken recipes before I get bored lol At least my shopping bills will be cheap for the next few weeks :D

Morning Caz!

Don't they also give you the shopping list for that weekly menu? I might be wrong though but seem to remember seeing that. Will you join a meeting Nef?

Had a look through my freezer and it's a good thing I did, got a fair not in there. There's enough meat and fish for 13/14 meals plus I have 2 lots in the fridge too and I'm only actually in the house for 15 more evening meals once I take out two weekends in Manchester. It's all just plain normal meat other than a piece of breaded fish so all suitable for SW. LOTS of chicken so I'm going to have to come up with some interesting chicken recipes before I get bored lol At least my shopping bills will be cheap for the next few weeks :D

I have a million chicken recipes. ;D

Oooh I haven't found a shopping list yet but that would be wicked! I'm 99% sure I will join - I like the idea of having that support :)

Ooh sounds nice Sarah, I do that with mushroom in the middle too. Share Mel, share!! ;)

Healthier Chicken Enchiladas

makes 8 servings

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

Sauce:

In a little olive oil sauté 1 clove garlic, minced
Add 1 (8 ounce) can diced tomatoes (no salt added)
and 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
1 tablespoon chili powder

Bring to boil simmer on low 20 minutes be careful not to burn
Just before using add in 1 cup light sour cream

8 (10 inch) Low Carb tortillas

Place a soften tortilla (10 seconds in microwave) on a plate and spread with sauce
Add 1/8 of shredded chicken and
Then "fixings" to taste

Fixings:

1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
Sliced black olives
Sliced jalapeños
Chopped green chilies
Finely Chopped onions

Sprinkle some of the
2 cups shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese

After filling -- roll, place in baking dish and repeat.
(I mark enchiladas with toothpicks for different fillings -- I don't do jalapeños)
Cover with remaining sauce and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover with foil -- bake 170 for 20 or so minutes
Remove foil for 5 minutes

Enjoy!

Thanks Mel, those recipes sound lovely :) Still really tired today, need to actually get an early night. SW meeting tomorrow! Looking forward to going along and being able to say the I've had a god week and not only stuck to it but really enjoyed it. Oh and hopefully having a good loss too!

Last edited:
Thanks Mel, those recipes sound lovely :) Still really tired today, need to actually get an early night. SW meeting tomorrow! Looking forward to going along and being able to say the I've had a god week and not only stuck to it but really enjoyed it. Oh and hopefully having a good loss too!

Fingers crossed for you.

Thanks Mel.

So quiet around here lately! Well not on your diary Mel, Mrs Popular! Where is everyone?!

Eaten a little more today but still been a good day.

B: Scrambled egg on toast (hex b) and banana
Snack: apple and biscuit (3 syns)
Lunch: Spaghetti bolognese, 2 satsumas and muller light
Snack: 2 babybel (hex a), apple, cereal bar (3 syns)
Dinner: Tuna fillet and cous cous with veg

Total syns: 6

Going to take my scales to Aaron's this weekend and leave them there until we move in a few weeks, stop me being a serial weigher!

Thanks Mel.

So quiet around here lately! Well not on your diary Mel, Mrs Popular! Where is everyone?!

Eaten a little more today but still been a good day.

B: Scrambled egg on toast (hex b) and banana
Snack: apple and biscuit (3 syns)
Lunch: Spaghetti bolognese, 2 satsumas and muller light
Snack: 2 babybel (hex a), apple, cereal bar (3 syns)
Dinner: Tuna fillet and cous cous with veg

Total syns: 6

Going to take my scales to Aaron's this weekend and leave them there until we move in a few weeks, stop me being a serial weigher!

Sounds delicious! I've eaten badly these past couple of days but I'm going to be angelic for the rest of the week and try and get into those 15s! I blame TOTM munchies...

Food choices seem really good Caz, you are doing really well. Good luck for WI tomorrow - I'm sure you'll have a really good loss

Thanks ladies. You can do it Nef, you're so close!!

Having a bit of a funny evening. Been but down the part few days about my weight, have been feeling very insecure about myself and my relationship with Aaron and also just beating myself up by how many times I've failed to lose weight or keep it off. I found a picture at my parents the other week and had a look at it this evening and compared it to one I took this morning and it got me thinking. I'm not where I want to be, in the slightest. I've yo yoed up and down. I've fallen off the wagon so many times I've got a gold member loyalty card for the lift back to the top. But, BUT... I'm a hell of a long way away from where I used to be. It's brought up a whole range of emotions. As I said to Squeezy, I'm proud of how far I've come but yet regretful of how long it's taken and how much my weight has held me back until now. Hopeful that I'll get to where I want to be but scared that I'll fail. If I'm honest I'm also scared of getting there too. I'm so used to being fat and being hidden behind baggy clothes, layers of fat and an I don't care what you think attitude that I'm not sure I know how to be anything else!

Evening Caz,

You've come a long way in so many ways. You've gone from a student yo professional educator. From a living at home child, to an independent co-habiting adult. You've done a amazing things and you'll keep doing it.

You're right Mel, there's a lot that's changed. I have to admit I am proud of what I've made of my life so far and am looking forward to what comes next with Aaron!

Just waiting for them to finish weighing others at my meeting so thought I'd do a quick post!

9.5lb this week! 9.5lb!!! :eek:Absolutely gobsmacked. My scales looked decent but I thought it was dodge scales and I didn't weigh before the meeting so didn't really know what to expect. Very pleasantly surprised!

I don't really feel like I've dieted this week. I've not had to weigh every morsel that's passed my lips. I've not worried about calories and fat and protein and carbs. I've just eaten healthy. I've said no to cookies and had strawberries instead, strawberries that I've really enjoyed. I've not had butter. I've eaten breakfast. Is this really the key to me losing weight?! I could keep this going and make it a new lifestyle without a doubt. Still in shock!

Evening!

You're right Mel, there's a lot that's changed. I have to admit I am proud of what I've made of my life so far and am looking forward to what comes next with Aaron!

Just waiting for them to finish weighing others at my meeting so thought I'd do a quick post!

9.5lb this week! 9.5lb!!! :eek:Absolutely gobsmacked. My scales looked decent but I thought it was dodge scales and I didn't weigh before the meeting so didn't really know what to expect. Very pleasantly surprised!

I don't really feel like I've dieted this week. I've not had to weigh every morsel that's passed my lips. I've not worried about calories and fat and protein and carbs. I've just eaten healthy. I've said no to cookies and had strawberries instead, strawberries that I've really enjoyed. I've not had butter. I've eaten breakfast. Is this really the key to me losing weight?! I could keep this going and make it a new lifestyle without a doubt. Still in shock!

Amazing!!! There are two times in my life I lost that much weight that fast: when DS and DD were born!!! Whoop!!! I'll bet "the boy" jumps on board the SW wagon! Whoop!

Haha only time I've ever lost that much is doing a VLCD and even then not much more. We go round the circle and each person shares their loss (or gain!) that week IF they want to and it felt quite awkward telling people. 2lb I would have been fine with but was such a massive amount I didn't want the attention but at the same time the claps and well dones were really motivating. Three new people joined this week and the leader was like look, see what's possible if you do it. I've never been used as an example (well a positive one!) before!

Blinkin' brilliant, you go for it! :talk017:

High time you updated your profile with your loss and it's still saying Slim & Save!

Back