New Year... New Start - onwards and downwards.

You are brave doing her hair colour yourself, I'd be terrified it wouldn't turn out right, only did it once years and years ago, it was meant to last 6 washes, my hair turned orangey and it didn't wash out aaarrgghhh, I said never again and I've always had it done at the hairdressers ever since.

Eek! I've got dye on my hair... being very brave and doing a style/colour that I've never done before... excited but terrified haha

Way cool -- can't wait to see the results. I need to do my roots. Again! Sigh!

It's that ombres dye, not sure if you've heard of it but it's where you have one colour that fades into another. It hasn't come out as light as intended but I do like it. I very nearly didn't do it as I wasn't sure it would suit me, I've been red, pink, purple, blue.. but never lighter colours! The fact that it's not as light as it should have been may be a good thing as it stops it being quite so radical a change. I've done a lot of dying myself but it's generally all over dye that's fairly easy and straight forward, never had any problems with it. When I've gone all over red (not bright red) I've done that myself, the one time I had highlights it was at a hairdressers but it cost £120 an put me off completely! The red, pink, purple and blue were all in chunks of colour under my hair so that it wasn't quite as bold or radical as it sounds and a hairdresser friend did that at home, they only cost £30ish with a cut so it was ok. Normal hairdresser prices are just ridiculous! Anyway, here are a few pictures...

1005373_539884752326_329252094_n.jpg578968_539884772286_1760437290_n.jpg970172_539884792246_1996210064_n.jpg

Love it! Very subtle, which makes it really nice. Don't know how it would have looked lighter but the way it is it blends in nicely with the rest of your hair. :D

Haha I saw it Rose, you silly sausage!

Seriously need a hair cut, holiday is only a week away and would like it done before then. One of Aaron's friends is a trained hairdresser and said he'd cut my hair but his mum has just died so he's quite obviously not got the time or inclination to do my hair at the moment. So I need to find myself a new hairdresser to go to but those of you who have lurked around my diaries long enough probably know that I have a bit of a thing about hairdressers and they terrify me! Ever since I was 8 years old and given a perm type do... *shudders* So not looking forward to finding one but it's got to be done. I'm tempted to go and get my nails done for holibobs too, maybe. I wish I had a girly friend nearby to go and do all this with! :(

Today is school work day, I've been putting it off far too long and need to crack on. So far I've been productive, I've put data about all the children on to a tracking sheet which I had to do anyway but it'll help me sort my class into groups. I've got to make signs, displays, all sorts today. I'm hoping if I just crack on today I can get it all done and begin the holiday countdown instead! I've got to pop and pick up the final part of Aaron's birthday present too. Busy busy!

Last edited:
Ooh not long until holiday, how exciting! You sound as if you have been extremely busy re school preparation. Great idea to crack on today, then you can switch to holiday mode knowing you are well prepared and organised for the new term :)

Have a wee wander around the local hairdressers hun and book an appointment at the busiest..usually a good sign!

I understand your fear though, when I was a young girl, the hairdresser cut my hair far too short and i cried all the way home...now I am a bit obsessed with just having a trim..and probably explains why I have long flowing locks now hee hee ;)

Good luck..and make that appointment today! and maybe take along a photo. or magazine picture of how you really want the end result to look! x

See that's the problem, I never know what I want and so it's difficult because I basically have to just trust them to do what they think would be best!

Oh I see. I like your current style hun, maybe just ask for a trim? or if you want something completely different, ask the stylists opinion, but ensure she knows it is not free reign to go a bit mad!..just something stylish and managable, you have such a lovely face, show it off! :)

I think I probably will just get a trim, maybe even out the two sides as it's an asymmetric bob or whatever it's called... one side is longer than the other

Debating getting nails done but with two weeks til pay day and funds running low I might have to do something with them at home!

Went to Tesco this evening in the rain with no coat (wasn't raining when I left) and has to park in quite far cos of this guy...

1376507389569.jpg

So I left him a little note...

1376507412911.jpg

Today is not the day to annoy me!

No I saw him go back to his car... it was a guy in a fancy suit who must thought that being some sort of fancy professional means he doesn't have to do things like park properly!

No I saw him go back to his car... it was a guy in a fancy suit who must thought that being some sort of fancy professional means he doesn't have to do things like park properly!

Makes a change men can usually park, obviously thinks he owns the car park

Back