New Year... New Start - onwards and downwards.

Trisha... stop fuelling these sexist stereotypes! Lol

Well he's either an utter twat and didn't care or he didn't notice and if that's the case needs a trip to specsavers pronto!

Good on you! I like the asymmetrical bob on you, you have lovely thick hair and it looks quite edgy, and I wonder if you get it evened up into a straight bob whether you might feel it's a bit boring? Just a thought, as I said, when you have nice thick hair any style looks great. Did you get to your SW meeting?

I like it too but not sure whether as it gets longer it just looks like I've tried to cut my own hair and done it badly or something! I might save hair cut til after holiday, I like my hair ATM and it's only that I'm due a cut but don't want to go on holiday with messed up hair!

Did I say I managed to get Aaron's watch engraved? I can't remember if I did or not but I took it to a little watch and shoe place end of last week and picked it up yesterday. It had been ready since Monday but I haven't been well and yesterday was first day I could bear to drag myself out lol Here it is

1376549767556.jpg

He'll get it on the first day of holiday as that's his actual birthday, this time in a week we'll be waking up there ready for breakfast and the beach! I've bought him a card, badge, a birthday banner and some balloons that I'll decorate the room with before he wakes up. I did email the hotel to ask about arranging a cake but I got no reply so will have to sort something myself. Does anyone know whether I'd be able to take a shop bought cake still all in it's packaging in my hand luggage?

No SW meeting as I haven't been well, will go week after holiday now. Was meant to go out for a few drinks with some people from a new to Manchester site but had to cancel that too. Been just trying to rid of this cold and bad chest before holiday, can't be ill on holiday!

Last edited:
Well done on the engraving, you didn't think it was going to be possible or were you wanting to do it on the back of the watch originally? Anyway, it looks fab! Hope your cold goes soon, not nice to have that on holiday.

I wanted to do it on the back but they had the Police logo there so I couldn't, I didn't think I'd be able to get it done on the clasp but I did. Really happy with it, makes it just that little bit more special and memorable I think. Cold is on the way out now, just feeling so so tired lately. Hopefully holiday will rejuvenate me before heading back to school. Talking of school, doesn't look like my room is going to be decorated in time *sigh*

Watch looks fab I'm sure he will love it. When do you go on holiday? so jealous DH and I desperately need a holiday but with house move and finances doesn't look likely this year. We may get a few days away at half term in October

We go on Wednesday and get back the following Thursday. Can't wait! Aaron's Dad is dropping us off but we need to sort being picked up, it'll probably mean booking a taxi. It's a shame my sister who lives in London isn't closer, her husband is a plane geek so when I went to South Africa he came and picked me up at 6am just because it meant he got to see some more planes including a fairly rare one. He can still remember exactly which one! So I'm sure he'd happily pick us up lol

Still need to work out whether I can take a cake on the plane and find a small little birthday cake for Aaron if I can take it onboard.

Of course you can take a cake on board in your hand luggage, it's not a liquid. Flew down to Gatwick with easyjet with a homemade Christmas cake in my hand luggage, no problem. Now a homemade jar of jam, that's different. That for some reason is not allowed, classified liquid. :eek:

I couldn't remember if there was a thing about food though, that's good then will be on the look out for a little two person cake.. they're quite hard to find!

Morning!

Hair looks fab -- you did well. Don't cut off too much or you'll lose the effect.

Well he's either an utter twat and didn't care or he didn't notice and if that's the case needs a trip to specsavers pronto!

They park like that on purpose so no one will open a car door and hit their car. However, if you're going to be that worried about your car A) don't buy a posh car or B) park as far away from the door as possible and only take two spots of there are plenty to spare. I once "dumped" a guy because he parked like that on our first date. The car park was crowded and he took two spots because of his "custom paint job". I told him he needed to use just one -- as it wasn't right. He didn't repark. I was so embarrassed.

I'm glad you were able to get the watch engraved.

I would have done the same Mel! It just really annoys me and I think if you park like that you're more likely to have something done to your car out of maliciousness.

Not going to get hair cut until after holiday. Looks ok as it is now and if I got it cut i'd have to redye it so that the colour went higher and I can't be bothered with that! May go and get my fringe trimmed though or do it myself, not yet decided.

I thought about bakers for the cake Trisha but want it all fully sealed and not sure their's would be? I looked into a company who designs and makes cakes and they wanted £20 just for a little one for the two of us... no chance! I might not have a choice in the end but to use a bakery as all the ones I've seen in supermarkets are massive.

In fact, I may just buy one of those really nice cakes that aren't actually birthday cakes - one of the chocolate ones with the curl things on top, I know he likes that.

In fact, I may just buy one of those really nice cakes that aren't actually birthday cakes - one of the chocolate ones with the curl things on top, I know he likes that.

Why not! And pack some candles and matches. In your checked bag.

Ah matches, of course. I was going to take a lighter but obviously can't go in hand luggage so will get some matches, possibly have some already. I've got candles, balloons and a banner. Just have to hope he doesn't wake up early for a change! Lol

Hope you get cake sorted soon Caz :)

What does engraving say hun, my poor eyesight can't see!!!! ;) Lovely idea, he will love all the trouble you are going to for his special day :)

Thought you weren't allowed them because of flammable liquid? That's why my friend always puts hers in hold luggage once at the airport.

It's got 'To the moon and back' written on it Rose :)

Back