New Year... New Start - onwards and downwards.

Do you mean how many guests Frances? Looks like an expensive 85! Think that'll go down to 80 though.

Yes, that's what I meant. That's funny, we had 80 too. Even with six months' notice a few had already booked holiday, but I was OK with as I really wouldn't have wanted it much bigger. No matter how much notice you give, you will not suit everyone. I actually felt 80 was a little too many as I didn't get round everyone, whereas I really envied Bev with about 30 as she talked loads to everyone and that gave it a really nice atmosphere.
Hope you manage to get a better sleep tonight now you have a provisional date sorted!

Evening Caz,

You are so organized. France's -- Caz has a huge family - she couldn't do 30 if it was family only.

Last edited:
I have 30 people just from my family! There are some very busy ones in there so wanted plenty of notice. It probably will be a bit busy but should be nice too I hope.

Hi Caz, bet you are very excited at work today :)..how many times have you glanced at that third finger left hand today? ;)

Well done for being so productive yesterday :)..getting all the major plans sorted is the road to success..then all the other little things will fall into place :)

What a lovely incentive to stay on that weight loss wagon :)

Enjoy another lovely, bubbling with excitement day :)

Morning Caz --

You won't be Miss G next year! :)

Too many times to count Rosie! Oh yeah I'd not thought of that Mel!

Just a quick update, at SW meeting and been weighed - 5lb off this week.

Well done! :clap: One of these days you'll have to update your signature, now you have a new goal -- it still says you're slimming for Tunisia! How many days until you are married? Have you done a count down on your phone yet? Bet you have! :)

Whoop, well done on the loss!

I haven't actually, why didn't I think of that?! Our first choice venue is booked for the day we want :( Got a few more to enquire about and a look around booked for Wednesday.

Too many times to count Rosie! Oh yeah I'd not thought of that Mel!

Just a quick update, at SW meeting and been weighed - 5lb off this week.

Fab loss!

Frances is right -- you might find something better or could try a different date.

The date is pretty set in stone, unless we don't want my sister to marry us. Booked to go around a different one this Wednesday though which seems good (great price too) and got a fair few more to contact. It was a lovely venue but it was also a bit far from the church, probably a bit too far really.

In Stalybridge, if there's one here that will agree to have us anyway! That's our local parish and so the easiest place to get married without having to attend a church somewhere else for 6 months first so that we're eligible to marry there.

Spoken to my parents and they've absolutely blown me away with their generosity. They said that they wanted to help financially and so we talked about it and they've said they reckon they can manage to contribute two thousand! Now my parents aren't poor but they're not loaded either, they have enough to get by on comfortably but that's such a big amount in the space of only a year. Truly amazed! Gives bus a bit more leeway when choosing a venue thankfully.

Oh also, a friend has offered to make our invitations as part of our wedding present. Aarons friend has agreed to do our hair for the day. My new TA has a cousin who is a florist who she says would do me a good deal. It's all falling into place here without even really trying! Job for the moment is venue, thought we had ages but realised when it comes to venue we don't. After we've sorted that we've got time to laze about for a while!

Just for you Frances... 333 days!! ;)

How exciting! Not even a year!!!

It's really unfolding fast. I'm so chuffed your parents are able to help.

Back