New Years at Slimming world groups - just how busy does it get?

mandy296

Silver Member
This is a question for those that have been going to group for a while really (ie 1 year plus)

I'm just wondering what to expect at group tonight - there seem to be loads of people on the forum that are just starting out and with the new year and resolutions etc I'm wondering just how many more people I'm likely to see at group.

I volunteer at pay and weigh and stay behind to help the C register the new members - just wondering what time I'm going to be home for tea!

And how long before the numbers start to drop off - I'm sure there must be loads that leave after a few weeks...

I've only been going to Group since July but found that at the beginning of September (when the kids went back to school) that the number of new people starting then doubled the size of the Group. As it is a morning group it is smaller than a lot of other groups but that week there were about 15-20 new starters, but only about 3 or 4 have continued for more than a couple of weeks.

I'm expecting this Thursday morning there will probably be even more new members than there were in September. But again will probably settle down after a couple of weeks with just a handful continuing beyond that. I also suspect there will be quite a lot of people who come to Group just so they can get the books and then continue at home on their own.

Denise

I am a long timer - haha! I think our group usually has 50 - but in the new year it goes up to about 80....by mid/late Feb back to normal (50!)

Hope that helps - i dont know how fast the computer system will work adding all the newbies.....!

x

I've been through a few consultants and all of them has done the same on the first week back after new year, and incorporated the new members talk into the image therapy as it's a good refresher for all the other members and keeps the length of the meeting to a normal time.

Back