New York!!

I'd recommend doing a boat trip round the entire island of Manhattan in good weather - it was astonishing. Make sure you have a walk in central park, see the Chrysler and Empire State Buildings up close and diet or not find a proper NYC diner to soak up the atmosphere.

if shopping check out Macys

Sight seeing
Ground Zero
Statue Of Liberity
empire state
rocafeller centre
central park
madison square garden
times square :)

im going NYC xmas time for mad shopping spree

We're going to NY in 3 weeks, not been before - any places a must see??

Oli x

Went to New York in April.

I agree with the chaps suggestions. May I also suggest you get on the bus tours (the red double deckers are good - you'll have agents on ever corner selling a 3 day ticket) that'll give you a feel for the place and establish your bearings.

Take a trip to Harlem and sample the history and the soul food - I did and it was amazing.

Go to China Town, LIttle Italy, and of course Greenwich Village (which I love).

Go see a play on Broadway ... I saw Chicago and Avenue Q.

I also recommend a visit to the Irish Bars - strange I know, but the food is a amazing and there is a lot of history.

My ultimate favourite suggestions:
The seafood restaurant in Grand Central Station
Dinner at the Waldorf Astoria
Spend a day at the Ellis Island processing centre - the history and pictures are amazing and really puts a lump in the throat
Afternoon tea at the Russian Tea Rooms (sublime and the decor is amazing!)
Central Park - it has a very interesting history.
Naval ships docked in the harbour
Saks 5th Avenue
Sephora

Im off to the Algarve fot christmas what's it like ?

I was in the Algarve last week and the hottest it got was 32 in the shade.

Make sure you bring lots of mosquito repellant.

Also make sure you sample the amazing seafood :drool:

What interests you, Freefalling? I had a long weekend in NYC a couple of years ago, and had an amusing conversation with another British couple in a taxi halfway through. They got started telling us about all the lovely things they'd done so far: Ice-skating at the Rockerfeller Center, the view from the Empire State Building, the horse-and-carriage ride through Central Park, the ferry to the Statue of Liberty... Then they asked what we'd done with our two days...
"Well we went out to an awesome Anime store in the arse-end of Queens, took a trip to the USS Intrepid, found a great Thai restaurant, went camera shopping and bought a new lens, and this afternoon we're going to look at a Buddhist Temple in Chinatown..."

Went down like a lead balloon :D

Was there in July......absolutely loved it!!
Manhattan evening boat trip........lights are amazing!
Little Italy......great shops and restuarants.
Times Square at night...electric atmosphere.
Macy's........aahhh the best department store in the world.
Tir-na-nog.....great eats and drinks
View from top of Empire State building
Grand Central Station...just to say you've been in it

I could go on and on...you'll love it.

Sooo jealous. Love NYC.

Was in the UsA on 9/11 and went to Ground Zero two weeks after it - strange walking only a few steps from all of that. The ground was still covered in the dust. Very sad but very surreal at the same time specially when seeing all the photos of the missing all over the place and of course it was the only topic of conversation.

You must do Macy's and Bloomies, and have a burger or hotdog or pretzel off a street vendor :D. Central Park is just lovely and quite peaceful.

Try and see one of the museums - Guggenheim or the Metropolitan.

Its such a diverse city unless you know really what you want to do you could get really confused as you wont know where to start.

Have fun.

Back