Newbe but have been a watcher for some time !!!!

becciharland

Hi Guys

I have been spying on you all for some time and thought i would jump on the band wagon today as im "working" from home today!

I have always used this site for syn values and ideas on what to eat.......

I have just started back on SW as i think the last time i was doing it was some point last year.....Since then i have been told i have diabetes (type 2) in december which made me go on a low kcal diet.....That didn't work, always hungry and fed up so when my birthday came around in march it was a good excuse to have "birthday meals" well i don't think they stopped..... It got to a point where i had gone from 18.6st to nearly 21st.....My heart sunk when i saw it and i thought i would do something about it......

About 4 weeks ago i got nagged to go back to my old gym with a friend as she wanted to go to classes...... in that 4 weeks she has only made 1!!! I on the other hand have been doing 4 to 7 classes a week ranging from Legs, bums and tums, Aqua Zumba, Pilates, Yogilates, Zumba and aerobics...... After 3 weeks i started to chat to a lady who has just gone back to slimming world so i thought why not...... So this is my 1st week, been 100% and been sticking to Green days as i can live without the meat. I have also dragged my other half kicking and screaming on to this diet..... Not a day has gone by where he hasnt moaned about his pack lunch....well tuff lol......

Tonight i will be cooking a indian feast.... Onion Bhaji's - Bombay Potatoes and a Rojan Josh with Chicken (HEXB) Ive been so good i will be having some lovely mango chuntney on the side yummy yummy :eek:)

I am hoping i will be down a dress size by the 10th of september as on a hen night in Cardiff and i want to not stick out as the really fat one lol

I am going to start a SW class monday as i don't go to any exercise classes that night :eek:)

There is only one thing i have a problem with!!!!!!!!!!! Water or Drinking......How cann i drink more, i can go all day and not drink a thing, i drink more now but still not enough.....help - any ideas on drinking more???

Sorry for the long post! :hide:

Hi, I too was a lurker for a while, love this site x

Well done - sounds like you've got an excellent attitude and are well 'in the zone'.

Don't forget that you can add squash to your water (not as pure as having it on its own, but half of it with SW is to do with the act that a lot of the time we eat because we think we're hungry, when actually we're thirsty). Or have sparkley water with lemon or lime in it. I find it hard to drink icy cold water, even though it seems to be the most popular way with everyone else.

Your Indian feast sounds LOVELY!!! I love the SW onion bhajis. Have you tried the Ainsley Dahl? It's really lovely, and I can happily eat that with some rice for a simple green day meal.

I've got a bottle of water attached to my hand today.....well it feels like it lol Hopefully it will help......

No i haven't tried Ainsley Dahl...... I will keep a eye out for some and give it a go :eek:)

Back