Extra Easy NEWBIE <3

vicky25

Hi guys, had my first meeting last might and was horrified that i weighed 13st 8 pounds :(. i put a lot of weight in during pregnancy. now 7 weeks after having my little boy :) i am determined to shift it!!'
today was my first official day of SW, Feeling really positive :). Haven't been hungry at all. Would love to hear some inspirational stories of your SW weight loss and any tips/advice you have. Also if anyone has started around the same time would love a weight loss parter :). Vicky xx

Plan plan and plan! Know what you are going to eat all week and shop early. Make huge portions in the evenings and freeze or have leftovers for lunch. Make sure you have things like mugshots in for emergencies!

Hiii
Im new too, I started on Monday!
How are you finding it so far?
It's quite time consuming planning out every meal and adding it all up! Quite enjoying it so far tho :)
I have at least 2st 10 to lose!xx

Hi, I started a few weeks ago at just over 13 stone (and I haven't just had a baby!)
1) I agree with Jeniferous that planning is absolutely key, and I would add writing things down. After each weigh-in I write in my food diary in pencil what I'm going to have each day during the week, including writing in where I think there will be syns, and then I write over the top in pen as I go through the week. I spend a little while each evening doing things like boiling eggs/cooking quorn sausages for breakfast (I'm NOT a morning person), making a big fruit salad, checking I have enough side salad for my lunch so I can pick up more on the way to work. OCD can be a wonderful thing occasionally :)
2) I try to focus on the superfree before everything else. I'm convinced ensuring I get AT LEAST 1/3 in every meal (I include breakfast in that though not everyone does) is key to me losing steadily despite having hormonal issues.
3) Try to keep it varied. I have a list of all the Superfree fruit and veg, and when thinking of recipe ideas I glance through it so I'm not just eating peppers and tomatoes all the time. Keeps it interesting! Also I make fruit salads because just eating apples or grapes time after time gets dull. Apparently varied food is also good for keeping you full and ensures you get all your vitamins.
4) Search your favourite recipes on the Slimming World site/online - there is usually a low-syn version out there. Do the same for favourite snacks - I love chocolate and ice cream but chocolate mini-Milks are only 1.5 syns which I never would've guessed and there are lots of little swaps like that. Synfree chips are great. I've enjoyed trying new things like Quark as a result.
5) Adapt it to suit your lifestyle. I find it's good to be reasonably steady on the syns, but at the same time I try to stick to 10 max most days so that a day or two going slightly over at a party or something has less impact.
6) Make sure you get fibre and lots of water. It, er, keeps things moving.
7) Keep thinking about little goals. If I'm tempted by a handful of crisps or a glass of wine, I think 'how will I feel with no loss on Tuesday? with 1lb loss? with a 2lb loss?'

Can you tell I'm really enthusiastic about this plan? Think it has great potential to work for me and hopefully you too! Good luck.

Hi guys thank you do much for your responses. You have given me some great tips. Would be great if you could keep me updated with ur weight loss as some extra motivation for me. I can't wait fir my weigh in on Monday :). xx

Thank you guys. Sooom cud we be weight loss buddies? as we have stated at same time and weigh almost the same :). Would be nice to compare our losses and for a bit more motivation. Didn't really plan meals for this week just sorted them the night before. Will be doing meal plans for next week and a big shop tomorrow :) would you recommend any shopping list must haves? xx

Re: NEWBIE &lt;3

Hey princess. 1st great news that you have joined sw. It is the best plan I have ever been on. I lose every week. I started off at 14 stone 4. Now 14 week into it I am 11 stone 13. I do love sw meals and like everyone says you have to plan what you might have in the week. And try to prepare your meals. At 1st when I first started. God it seemed such a faf cooking from scratch and adding this spice and that spice. But after a while it becomes quicker and and second natural. Enjoy sw its the best healthy eating plan you could choose. X !

NEWBIE &lt;3

Hi Vicky, yes that would be fab, just why I need! I'm going to sit down tomorrow and make a big plan of my meals for the week, hoping to try a few of the recipes from online since I'm off work for half term, so if anyone has any recommendations that would be lovely :)
After years of calorie counting its so weird only having to weigh out HEXs and syns, much less faffy!
How have you been getting on Vicky?
X

NEWBIE &lt;3

*just WHAT I need, not WHY I need*
Galah typing on iPhone :/ xx

Re: NEWBIE &lt;3

Hi Vicky, yes that would be fab, just why I need! I'm going to sit down tomorrow and make a big plan of my meals for the week, hoping to try a few of the recipes from online since I'm off work for half term, so if anyone has any recommendations that would be lovely :)
After years of calorie counting its so weird only having to weigh out HEXs and syns, much less faffy!
How have you been getting on Vicky?
X

I made chicken new yorker tonight with syn free bbq sauce if you would like the recipe.?

I lost 8.5 pounds in my first weigh in. Over the moon. Loving sw :). Oooh that sounds yummy if love the recipe please. How was ur first week? xx

Congrats Vicky, that's a fantastic loss!

The girlies talking about becoming slimming buddies, maybe one of you should start a slimming world diary on the diary page, be a good way for you both to keep in close touch and help each other along. Best of luck xx

Hi guys, had my first meeting last might and was horrified that i weighed 13st 8 pounds :(. i put a lot of weight in during pregnancy. now 7 weeks after having my little boy :) i am determined to shift it!!' today was my first official day of SW, Feeling really positive :). Haven't been hungry at all. Would love to hear some inspirational stories of your SW weight loss and any tips/advice you have. Also if anyone has started around the same time would love a weight loss parter :). Vicky xx

Hi Vicky I joined weight watchers tonight and weigh 13stone, like u I was gutted but feel determined - be good to go through the weight loss journey together x

I lost 8.5 pounds in my first weigh in. Over the moon. Loving sw :). Oooh that sounds yummy if love the recipe please. How was ur first week? xx
Omg that is a fantastic loss! Would love to think that would be mine in a weeks time! What kinda tips you got? Did you use any syns? Xx

NEWBIE &lt;3

Hi thank you :). Yes in on extra easy plan and having between 5 and 15 syns each day. Loving trying new recipes and finding using the slow cooker helps as quick and easy and can throw practically anything in it. Hope I hav a nice loss on Monday. Going to get my half stone award :) and hopefully slimmer of the week. Starting bit of exercise this week so will see if that makes any difference. xx

Hi Vicky my 1st week i lost 4.5 lb. i love slimming world and have been doing it now for 15 weeks.
The recipe for chicken New Yorker is
Ingredients

2 Skinless and boneless chicken breasts
4 slices of lean fat cut of bacon
Low fat grated cheese ( or cheese used as HEXA)

Method:

Bake the chicken for 20 mins
Remove from oven and spoon 2 tablespoons of BBQ Sauce
Add 2 medallions of bacon on each breast
Grate cheese over the top
Continue to bake for 5-8 minutes

BBQ sauce recipe

you will need
1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
1 tsp mild chilli powder
227ml/8fl oz passata
3 tbsp artifical sweetner
4 tbsp balsamaic vinegar
1 tbsp worchestershire sauce
1/2 tsp mustard powder
salt and freshly ground blacke pepper.

balslmic vingar and worchestershire sauce provide the basis for this great tasting bbq sauce thsat is perfect for a dip, basting a chicken thighs or vegetable kebabs before a bbq, lady who gave me this recipe said she has them on spare ribs and cooks them in the oven so she has bbq spare ribs.

spray a pan with fry light and saute the onion and chilli powder over a low heat for 5 minutes until softened.

stir in the remaining ingrredients, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes untill thickened. check the seasoning before serving hot or cold.

Back