Newbie....a grumpy 1

spuddridge

My name is Tori, I'm 26, miserable, eating till I feel sick DAILY!!!
Rrrrrreally need help and guidance!
I'm currently 15st....possibly more.
A size 16-18.....more 18.
I've never felt this unhealthy in my whole life.
I don't exercise due to lack of energy, motivation or enthusiasm. Feeling very sorry for myself today...I'm quite aware of this.
I'm going on holiday with my Bessie and our broods in May and I need to be healthier.
I'm not too concerned how I look Its how I feel I need to work on. Obv looking better would be an advantage.
I would like to be a 12-14 and around 12st by May 23rd this year.....
Come on peoples, kick me into touch, don't hold back..........

Hi, I'm a newbie too and I feel exactly the same! I've just hit the 15st mark :(
I feel tired out all time n totally lack motivation, a lot of it is that I've suffered with severe depression for ages n had a really crap year last year which is why I think the weight has ploughed on :(
I also want to get to a 12-14 and am currently a 16-18 (more 18)!!
I would like to lose a stone before my birthday 18th march then hopefully another 3 stone by October (earlier preferably)
I'm starting slimming world tomorrow so hopefully I can get motivated n sort myself out!!
Let's see if we can both do this!!!! Xx

Stacey87 said:
Hi, I'm a newbie too and I feel exactly the same! I've just hit the 15st mark :(
I feel tired out all time n totally lack motivation, a lot of it is that I've suffered with severe depression for ages n had a really crap year last year which is why I think the weight has ploughed on :(
I also want to get to a 12-14 and am currently a 16-18 (more 18)!!
I would like to lose a stone before my birthday 18th march then hopefully another 3 stone by October (earlier preferably)
I'm starting slimming world tomorrow so hopefully I can get motivated n sort myself out!!
Let's see if we can both do this!!!! Xx

(I have depression too...... Having a bad day as it goes lol gotta laugh)

I'm not 1 for the group thing so I won't do slimming world or ww.....
Hoping this site will be the support I need.
What diet to do though?
Thinking of doing a diet a week....I get bored and loose focussing easily!
I find it hard to leave the house sometimes so bought a wii fit, but just set the thing up and it needs sodding batteries. Another delay. I also bought roller blades as an incentive to get out...gonna be when it's not cold....oh look, another excuse lol
I keep meaning to join the gym, my Boyd even paying for it.....ain't done that yet either grrrrrrrrr at myselllllfffff!!!!!!

I know what u mean! I have a cross trainer and a wii n hardly use either. I must focus n get my ass on the cross trainer though.
I'm hoping that the weekly weigh ins will give me the incentive to stick at it...we'll see....
Good luck with whichever diet u choose... I'm sure you'll get on great!!
X

If u want to lose weight fast i lost 14lbs week one on herbalife shakes and 4.5lbs the second week. My starting weight was 14s. The more you have to lose the faster its bound to come off. You have two shakes a day plus a healthy dinner and some snacks and its dead handy.

Welcome and good luck - im new too and also suffer with depression, iv made a real effort to go to the gym three or four times a week and it really does help with the depression x

FinleysMum said:
Welcome and good luck - im new too and also suffer with depression, iv made a real effort to go to the gym three or four times a week and it really does help with the depression x

Hey, welcome,
I'm really trying hard to get myself motivated n get on my cross trainer every day, if only for 10 mins. It's very difficult with severe depression but I do agree with you that it does make you feel better afterwards!
Good luck with everything! X

FinleysMum said:

How do you find the.....' Umffff'
I know once I start I'll be fine, I'm just so drained and tired all the time (& u Stacey?)

To be honest it's really difficult!! I just have to force myself to do something..at the moment in just doing 10 mins on my cross trainer. Like I say, it's really hard but once I've done it, it feels like an achievement! Even if it is just 10 mins...better than nothing!

Come on peoples, kick me into touch, don't hold back..........

Hi there Tori, I'm also new and pretty grumpy about eveything as I'll be posting for yeeeaaarrrssss till goal weight, but I'm finding this site very usefull as everyone is so supportive.

I'm following slimmers world which does not involve any costly powders or meal replacements. I found the groups frankly a bit depressing, everyone just seemed annoyed they hadn't lost as much weight as me rather than being supportive but this site is much better but of course that depends on your group, you could always try one, you might be suprised and love it!

I think which diet you follow depends on your replatioship with food. Some people prefer to break from controlling their food and take the shakes and soups options giving them a chance to re-evaluate, some people prefer to count calories, some control portion size, some cut out fats, some carbs some VLCD cut out almost everything!

I think overall the most important bit is to actually start to commit yourself to getting healthy and eating better for you. That's not drastic weight loss or inch loss (which would be nice too) but a healthier relationship woth food. For example I actually measured butter this morning as I had no idea what a teaspoon of butter looked like, now I know, I can better control my intake of that particular fat.

It's longish journey for most but if you have a bad day don't beat yourself up!! Come on, post, read some of the dramatic loss posts and feel you can do it.

All the best :D

Back