Newbie about to try Slimming World!

Katie84

Hi, thought i would join up since im about to embark in to Slimming World i go this thursday to my first meeting :D

I have about 8 and half stone to loose and cant wait to get cracking :D im all excited.

Nice to meet everyone and hopefully i can start my weight loss tracker soon!

:D

hi there, i'm new(ish too) been on sw 3 weeks, lost half a stone :) Hope you do well :)

:flowers: Welcome to the forum. Any questions you have, just shout and one of us should be able to help. :D

Hiya Katie, all the best hun, come see us regularly, won't u? everyone here is great and always happy to help :)

Hi, thanks for the warm welcome! i will be coming on here everyday! dunno what to expect when i go this thursday but im sure everyone is friendly! Just hope everyone can cope with me on here! ive tried loads of other diets and failed but this one seems to be different not so much a diet but a change of life!

Thanks everyone!

Best advice i could pass on is not to look at what you want to loss as a large amount, but to chop it down into doable chunks i.e half a stone at a time, you will be given an award each time you loss half a stone as a sticker for you're book which is nice to see. Good luck and let us know how you get on. xxx

Hi

Good luck.I have done SW twice and lost 2 stone each time but once i stop it soon creeps back on.
The main thing i am doing now is to plan my meals for the week. I have found it working so far this week, being my first week back.

This group on here are a friendly bunch, even though im new here i have been reading through the posts and they are all very supportive
Nikki

I'm a newbie too - starting tomorrow. I'm doing it online though. Looking forward to reading your progress reports! Good luck! :D xxxx

Welcome both, I'm not that far ahead of you, I have my 3rd weigh in on Tuesday. I'm just doing it at home although will be joining a group soon.

welcome welcome nice to see some newbies around to join me lol im entering week 3 now its coming off slowly but better then putting it on haha

Welcome to the forum and the wonders of Slimming world. There are many of us here who have done SW a few times, so if you have any questions pop along and someone will soon be able to point you in the right direction.

Hello to the 'newbies' wishing you loads of luck, you won't regret it it's the best thing I have done in a long time and remember that it's a marathon not a race!!!

Hi everyone

I'm kind of a newbie too!

I didn't really like the meetings, but I still stay some weeks as you can get some handy tips. For example, one member found some 'syn free' syrup you can put into milk that is lovely and really handy as I sometimes struggle for my HEX-A... and it's nice to be able to just drink a glass of milk that tastes sweet sometimes.

Anyhow, good luck!

Thanks, since i know i have a lot to loose i am aiming for a pound a week, so should loose the weight slowly over next 2 years, i was 13st 7lbs when i met my OH and i would like to get to that for my 25th birthday which is a year in December, im not thinking it as a diet but as a life change.

I will keep on here and read the good tips plus post any new ones i find out! and post my weight loss!

Hi everyone

I'm kind of a newbie too!

I didn't really like the meetings, but I still stay some weeks as you can get some handy tips. For example, one member found some 'syn free' syrup you can put into milk that is lovely and really handy as I sometimes struggle for my HEX-A... and it's nice to be able to just drink a glass of milk that tastes sweet sometimes.

Anyhow, good luck!

welcome!

was the syrup Crusha? their sugar free milkshake syrup is free on both days and if you add milk and very low fat natural yogurt to it you end up with a drink like Yop :D

Reactions: Taz
Good luck with SW, I'm sure you'll do really well.

I decided not to do the classes, partly because being a bloke I would have felt a bit left out and also because my work commitments often mean I have to travel around so I can't always guarantee to be around to make a class. And this forum is like being a member of a huge class anyway, you'll never be short of advice or support.

Back