Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Newbie advice please!

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by large_lump, 15 August 2011 Social URL.

1. large_lump

large_lump Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(11.05%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    Hi all! I've given up on slimming world and have decided to give calorie counting a go as it seems so simple! And anythings worth a try :) but I was wondering if u counted calories of fruit/veg with very low calories? Such as cucumber I saw was 7cals on this app I've downloaded? I think I know the answer but on slimming world/ww etc you don't count these so just wanted to check!

Any extra advise for me starting this is much appreciated :)

Olivia x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Rissole76

Rissole76 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I use MFP and I tend to have a load of salad or veg together, ie I'll have lettuce, cucumber and tomato in a salad. So what I did is entered the usual stuff I would have in my salad in my diary, then saved the salad as a meal. That way if I'm say having a ham salad, I'll add the meal to my diary then just add on the ham too, hope that makes sense. Did the same with veg, I ten to have carrots, broccoli, and beans, so I created a meal called veges and add them when I need to. And u can always delete off one item off your diary if your not having it. I think it's worth doing as just for my veg it's 68 cals, that soon adds up if your not tracking it.

4. Squeezyweezy

Squeezyweezy Gold Member

Diet:
    Being healthy
    Yeah, I do exactly the same. It saves so much time and fiddling. :)

5. tranquility

tranquility Gold Member

Start Weight:
    362lb
    Current Weight:
    292.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    170lb
    Lost(%):
    69.2lb(19.12%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting, controlled carbs, good nutrition and Slimpods.
    Well if you're going to eat the whole cucumber then you should probably give it an allowance but if it's just a few slices on a sandwich I wouldn't worry about it.

Generally I only count the higher check fruit/veg such as peas, potatoes, mango, avocado.

My calorie intake is based on the Scottish Slimmers system where you get a daily allowance plus 100 cals of milk/yogurt/cheese and 100 cals of low-cal veg each day.

Maybe reduce your daily calorie total down a little so you don't need to count veggies?

6. large_lump

large_lump Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(11.05%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    Thanks for the advice! It all seems so simple I feel there must be more to it! I'll see how I get on.. I'm guessing the first few weeks take some tweaking! X

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.