Newbie alert lol

hi everybody being honest I don't know where to start I've posted on the sw site but feel abit out of the loop as I'm so big now ..due to health conditions I won't bore you with the details I am now looking in a mirror at somebody I don't recognise anymore my size and anxiety issues means I've been housebound for many yrs only leaving to attend drs appointments but now my conditions are under control I'm on a fat busting mission lol so I'm doing sw from home bought the books online my start weight was 27st 4 I'm down to 26 st 2 it's taken 5 weeks on green day but staying the same on the scales now so going to try ee any advice will be greatly appreciated thanks in advance x

Hi! I've been a member in here for a long time but been AWOL, I am the same as you and though I'm not doing SW this time around, just wanted to show some moral support! Well done on taking first steps to becoming healthier, good job buying the books, I've tried on numerous occasions to be a penny saver and have not been able to stick to plan without books and tools, so it's great to see you have, how are you finding it? How are you feeling? One thing that helps with achieving goals is often friendship, I do not have many of any real-life friends because I am also effectively housebound, it's hard to make friends when you are, and even harder to keep them because you are viewed as such an effort to be around, so I am back again, and ready to lend advice, support or just a ear to help you on your journey!

Hello lovely ladies! Welcome to Wemitts, we're a very friendly bunch :).

Tafflass - well done on your fab start on SW xx

Hi thankyou for answering me I'm so sorry you've ended up stuck at home it can be such a lonely life and you certainly find out who your true friends are I lost a lot of friends when I became ill the time when I needed them most but hey I'm still here I have a lovely supportive partner and 2 beautiful children don't need them in my life.
So this is it trying my best to get to grips with this diet any help or advice is very much appreciated how are you going how's your week been you feeling ok x

I am well, I'm a bit of a planner so it helps me to organise my life with stickers and motivation awards, although at present I am finding it very hard, I am on the bariatric pathway, I've jumped many hurdles to get this far, they set me a totally unrealistic target that I have to meet, and I'm not even close, so they are going to give me a balloon to help hit target, but even then it's only a tool, just like the bypass will be, so will still require a lot of effort to work with the tools I'm given and I will need moral support, I know I can't do it alone, but I am making changes for preparation for rest of my life, I'm calorie counting at the moment, but it seems so bizarre to see my recommended intake for 1-2lb a week losses, 2500 a day, I don't think I have ever had an allowance so high, but I am trying to reach it but normally shortfall by 3-400 a day, which is bizarre because I could eat that 10 times over not trying! So I'm keeping a food journal and it's so good to see it written down, have not lost any weight since June and have in fact gained 4kg which put me back in the 28stone zone, I'm gutted, I always lose a bit and then nothing I do can stop the plateau, I'm on so many meds so I'm sure that doesn't help, I don't have any emotional ties to food, and it's disheartening to not see the scales move, was thinking of switching it up a bit and trying liquids again, but then I am likely to gain it all back after, it's great to be back here though, I know most will judge my decision to have surgery but I have been having the same problems since I was a teen, and I lost my mother young to 2 strokes, she was overweight and aged just 32, I'm 25 in October and the thought of following that path is enough to knock some sense into me, I want to lesser the odds on obesity related problems because I can't bear for my family to suffer my loss too, I hope that doesn't change your perspective of me, I am desperate and without surgery I will probably be dead at a young age, the other threads are a bit lifeless and empty and I know that I'll be viewed as taking the easy route, but I'm not, I've pondered this decision for years and I'm ready for a healthier slimmer me, so I hope that we can all support each other, and I'm sorry for the long reply, in my family we can have hour long conversations with just ourselves, hope you are doing well today.

Are you having any counseling with the surgery? I'm on that pathway hopefully. I go back to see the consultant in a fortnight to find if I'm eligible or not. I will need a balloon possible too as I'll still have a stone to go before they can do the bypass. I also have a 3 year old so the temptation is always going to be around regardless. Never mind though. We all can do it :)

Hi five I know how difficult it can be when your on meds as they can and do hinder your weightloss but plz don't be disheartened keep on doing what your doing I'm sure you will start to lose again and especially now your going to have your balloon fitted I wish u every success in getting to the weight you need to be for surgery and I am here if ever you need to vent along the way...I don't think opting for surgery is a bad thing if it's for you then go for it you shouldn't worry what other ppl think your body your decision.it all started to go wrong for me when I had my second child suddenly I felt tired and started gaining weight sometimes 7 lbs in a week got more more depressed went to the gp told me to diet I wasn't eating much and explained this was called a liar anyway to cut along story short after along time of pain and massive weight gain I tipped the scales at 38 stones I finally got my answer I had Cushings disease felt relief that I had a diagnosis but dreaded what had to come they removed my tumour onmy pituitary gland and a few stone dropped off but I am now left to deal with the aftermath so this is me trying to shift all this weight and hoping and praying the tumour doesn't come back ....anyways enough doom and gloom onwards and upwards I hope your having a good day I'm off now to have my very late lunch chat soon x

Hi five, nice to 'meet' you :D I've read what you have written about friends (shame on them for not sticking around!!!) and how you feel people will judge you. We wont! its as simple as that. I'm on this site because I need to lose weight and I like coming on here, giving and receiving the support. I don't judge other people, and hope they don't judge me. We all make decisions about what we think is best for ourselves - sometimes it turns out that they were the right decisions, and sometimes the wrong ones, but we are the ones that live with them either way. So well done for getting on here and putting yourself out there and taking steps to make a change. :0clapper::0clapper::0clapper:Its not easy.

I have tried so many times (my 'failed at diets for 15 years' name should now read '18 years' because I didn't stick it last time either - you'll see that I've been a member on here for years, but keep leaving when I 'fail' at whatever diet I start)!!!:rolleyes: I did consider speaking to my GP about surgery, but I was too embarrassed and didn't think they would let me, and really I'm just too plain scared . . . so in my book, you are braver than me!!

I lost a couple of stones and then started going to the gym - I was going there for over a year and made great progress, but didn't lose any more weight at all - but still didn't mind because I was looking and feeling so much better about myself, and was a lot fitter - it made every day easier. Then I lost all my energy (it felt like overnight) - I would go to the gym and not have any energy for two or three days. So I just stopped going :(and it turned out to be just an iron deficiency (I think I used it all up on the treadmill!!:p) but I didn't go to the doctor for months, and its been more than 6 months since going to the gym, and I feel so awful now and have put even more weight on.

I could be perfect :innocent002:, (we all could) but life just gets in the way and has done for the whole of my life I think... I have a full time job, a home and garden to run, an allotment, a daughter who is 17, my partner and his three children who partly live with me (aged 10, almost 8 and 5), along with friends and family (brothers, sisters, & parents) so finding time for myself isn't always possible - but is that just an excuse? Most of the time I'm just so tired that I can't be bothered and when you get out of the routine, its easier to stay out instead of making the effort. (and finding time for my family and friends which usually involves coffee and cake is certainly no chore and preferable to chopping veggies for tea!!).

I've been reading Buffy's inspirational 9 stone loss, and am so impressed and motivated, and especially love her non scale victories - I need to make some for myself, and she had made me want to make an effort to go out, go to the theatre etc and just embrace life generally!! I think I forget what's out there!

anyway . . . I've rambled so much I've lost my thought train:blahblah: I for one am glad to see you on here, and hope that we can support each other (and any/everybody else) to lose some weight and hopefully have a bit of fun and chat whilst doing it??

Hi Taff, Five and Faildat,

My best friend had surgery 2 years ago, and she's lost 9 stone after her's. She lost a stone or more prior to the surgery, and embarked upon doing more exercise. She joined a local leisure centre and started off with aquafit/swimming a couple of times a week to begin with, then introduced walking, etc. She lives in a city, and was fortunate that there is a well represented and attended support group for pre-op, post-op and further down the road from the op. I think she found speaking to like-minded people of great value. She is transformed both physically and mentally. She's likens it to being a butterfly that had been imprisoned in an unattractive casing for 20 years. She certainly looked fab when she turned 50!

We are all here to support one another, which is what is so great about this site, but especially this little corner of it.

I agree that life can get in the way, and I'm very much able to relate to that with children/work/partner/house/garden/clubs/friends, etc. I had a bit of a light bulb moment a few weeks ago though, when I realised that I was putting more energy into all of them and that, than myself, but if I was to not invest in me, then those that I hold dear, and I know care about me, would really not thank me for shortening my life by ignoring my own needs. I have children who still rely upon me, despite 3 of them now being adults. My partner takes care of himself, so why wasn't I doing the same? The physical toll was also beginning to bite me on my large bum. My knees were aching regularly, I'd wake up in pain from lying in bed. I kept blaming the mattress (which does need replacing) but in reality I knew it was actually my weight becoming a burden on my bones. Just lying on my side would make my side hurt if it was for too long. Going up/down the stairs was becoming more of a struggle, so I was avoiding it unnecessarily, and if I had to get down on the floor on my knees, the kerfuffle to just get back up was embarrassing. I've only just turned 50, and I was looking and acting like a much older, infirm person. It was only going to get worse I knew that. I had to stop the rot.

I think being honest, for once, with myself was the key. Now I just have to stay focused and accept it won't be a quick fix, but slowly but surely the weight should come off, and I should feel better. My knees are already feeling better, and I'm sleeping better without so much pain after only 11lb loss.

hi everybody being honest I don't know where to start I've posted on the sw site but feel abit out of the loop as I'm so big now ..due to health conditions I won't bore you with the details I am now looking in a mirror at somebody I don't recognise anymore my size and anxiety issues means I've been housebound for many yrs only leaving to attend drs appointments but now my conditions are under control I'm on a fat busting mission lol so I'm doing sw from home bought the books online my start weight was 27st 4 I'm down to 26 st 2 it's taken 5 weeks on green day but staying the same on the scales now so going to try ee any advice will be greatly appreciated thanks in advance x
How did you get on today? Good I hope :)

Hi still trying lol had a few ups and downs but back on track again got another 2 weeks before I weigh now as the constant weighing became obsessive sorry only now seeing this been awol for a bit and haven’t checked in how are you going all good I hope x

Hi ladies, its a struggle and all we can do is keep on keeping on.

Back