Newbie Alert...

Wilkin87

Hey everyone,

I am going to start Slimming World tomorrow as I need to shift some of this damn weight! I am getting married in April 2012 and, I think, I will have about 4 stone to loose to feel happy within myself.

I am dreading stepping on those scales tomorrow though...argh.... :confused:

Cliche time.....

The longest journey starts with the smallest step!

You've done 2 great things. Firstly, begun your journey, more importantly, you've joined the week before all the new year resolutionists lol.

All the best.

Steve

Thanks Steve and Emsie. I am hoping I can stick to it as I tend to get 'bored' of things very quickly! I will have to keep telling myself that I don't want to look like a heffer on my wedding day!!!

Good luck both... Wishing you all the best on your journeys and well done for finding this site and all the support here xx

Good luck to both of you! It can be done, I have managed to be skinnier than ever in my entire life thanks to SW and in less than a year too!! Just a measly 7lbs til target now! :D

Welcome W87 and well done for nipping it in the bud straight after Christmas!! Not an easy time to start when cupboards and fridges are so full of naughty temptations!! Lots of people wait until January so giving yourself this head start will make you feel very virtuous!! Congrats! I'm sure you will love SW and all the freedom it gives you and Minimins is just amazing so use it to your full advantage!!X

Good luck Wilkin87 and well done for making the commitment, however I would encourage you not to look at this as a 'diet' to get bored with but a new way of life. If you are going to lose weight and then keep it off you need to get used to this being how things are done. There are so many ways of making this plan interesting and nothing is forbidden but you may have to work a bit harder to keep things varied.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Gail x

Hello and welcome! Good luck for your SW journey x

Thanks Steve and Emsie. I am hoping I can stick to it as I tend to get 'bored' of things very quickly! I will have to keep telling myself that I don't want to look like a heffer on my wedding day!!!

Hi I'm new too, joining Wednesday! Good luck :)

Yes good luck both of you!

Oh, and as Gail said, you should never get bored on SW - if you do then it is your own imagination that is lacking as you can have anything you want in some form or another!

PS I never get bored or tire of seeing the weight dropping - I guarantee you won't either;-)

Steve

Thanks for all of your words of encouragement!! :) First class is at 6.30pm tonight, bit nervous going it alone, but it has to be done and only I can make it happen!! ;)

:welcome:Hello to you both

Good luck for this evening Wilkin87 and for tomorrow Shoegal999.

I find Minimins has helped keep me focused (distracted from food). I've also found the challenges which are short term goals good for stopping me going off track.

Welcome both of you!

Im sure you'll do really well :)

Minimins is one of the best things ive come across in terms of weight loss help!
Stick with it, and if your struggling we'll help you!
I think that once you've gone, you wont want to stay away!
Its all about that initial step and once you've overcome that then there'll be no stopping you both!

Good luck and welcome to Minimins!

Ruth
x

Welcome and good luck from me too !!!

welcome.gif

Thanks everyone, unfortunately the class wasn't on last night. So, I have invested in some electronic scales and a slimming world magazine until I can get to a class next week. :)

Welcome to u both xxx

Welcome to Minimins xxx

Back