Newbie and feeling dumbstruck

Hi guys just an update, weighed in yesterday felt really confident and healthier after coming to terms with sw etc, well after weighing in I have only lost 1.5 lb :( felt terribly dejected. But I'm trying to up the ante this week. Xxx

But 1.5lb is great! That's exactly what you should be losing in a week so don't feel down.

Start a diary over in the food diary section and jot down everything you eat including weights and measures for things are not free foods. it will help you to keep track better and easier to spot if you are doing something wrong.

But don't give up -all those 1.5 pounds really add up and in a year's time you could be over 5 stone lighter!

You can't have sausages hun! Or White/wholegrain role.
I've got some slimming friendly world sausages they are lush! And I think ww sausages are now free on EE and green.

Good Luck, you're doing great - I am still trying to get my head around EE... And it's my third time re joining.

And well done with your weight loss xx

If you really want to get stuck into the plan I would suggest spending some time reading the book from cover to cover, and work out what you can eat and work out your meals from there. Loads of people have food diaries on here, so it might be worth having a look to get some ideas.

In the first few weeks, if you're not sure about whether something is syn free or not, check before you eat it. You'll soon pick it up and won't need to keep checking. The syn value section of this site is a god send!

The magazine is absolutely brilliant for inspiration and recipes, and introduces new foods which are low/syn free. In class there are 2 small books, red and green, which are packed with everyday recipes. I think they only cost a couple of pounds each, but they are worth their weight in gold.

When it comes to Extra Easy I find it easier to start planning my superfree foods for each meal before I plan the free food. That way I'm much more likely to get enough in, and find I use less syns and Healthy Extras this way. Plus, I normally find I have more than 1/3 superfree on my plate, and never feel deprived, and never hungry.

Good luck, you're heading in the right direction!

Don't know if anyone else already suggested this - not read through all the posts but I think best place to get menu and meal ideas is the magazine :)

Hey - 1.5lb loss is great :) thanks for updating and I'm sure this week will see a good loss if you stick with it too. Good luck.

Thank you for all your kind words and suggestions, I know that its a start and even if i establish a routine of 2lb loss per week thats half a stone a month , To be honest i havent been going off track been eating pretty much free stuff apart from the blip with the sausages and roll, Ive been making meals from scratch, Homemade lamb casserole, beef casserole,chicken curry,chilli with plenty of veg sweet potato salad etc, and plenty of fruit and veg, So i think its just a case of as you say writing everything down and thinking before eating. xx

Back