Newbie and it's all coming off..

Niknak21

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum, don't really know what to say but here goes...

I have got about 10 stone to lose and I've never really seriously tried before, because I thought I would never be any smaller, I've always been overweight.

But reading everyone's stories and weight losses is making me even more determined that I can shift this weight. I've started to be more careful in what I eat and am gradually getting more active, I did no exercise at all before.

Hopefully popping back here and following all your stories will keep me focussed on what I want to achieve. :)

Hi Niknak, welcome to the forum! I am sure you can do this, just remember if you feel like you're going to fall off the wagon people here will understand what you're going through. If you have fallen off it, it's not the end of the world, just pick yourself back up and keep going. Losing weight really isn't easy, sadly.. I wish I could hire a personal chef to prepare me lots of healthy foods and have my own fitness trainer to force me off my butt and get lots of exercise! :D Even if you have a week where you don't lose much and perhaps feel disappointed with your loss just remember that a loss is much better than a gain! Over the years I've had several failures at weight loss :/
Anyway, keep us all updated, I am looking forward to hearing about your progress! xx

Welcome Niknak and good luck with your future losses!!!

Thanks for the welcome and the positive words.

I too would love my own personal chef. I'm trying to cook better but my attempts this week are not filling me up at all. I think whenever I try to reduce my portion sizes I end up not eating enough. But I'm conscious that if I allowed myself to, I could literally eat a horse.

I had considered joining a class for some guidance and added support, but I'm not really sure what one would be right for me. So I'll probably stick on my own for now.

On a more positive note I did get out with the dog for an hour and half today for a nice long walk.

Well done to both of you on your weight losses so far, so inspiring and definitely keeping me motivated

Welcome Niknak and good luck with your weight loss journey. You'll find lots of support here on the forums :)

If you want a class Slimming World is amazing. You can eat as mych fruit veg potatoes pasta rice eggs lean meat yogurt as you like, so portions can be as big as you want them to be. Most weeks I seriously think theres no way I will lose anything after how much I ate, but 2-3lbs gets lost! It really is great. And I KNOW if I didn't go to a class I would fall off the wagon. Its the weekly class that keeps megoing, but thats just me :)

I'm trying to cook better but my attempts this week are not filling me up at all. I think whenever I try to reduce my portion sizes I end up not eating enough.

Make sure you always eat veggies with your meals, especially your evening meal! It's basically 'free food', you can eat as much of it.. of course it's not exactly the most tasty thing you could be eating but it should help you feel more full up at the end of your meal!

My grandmother has been making me courgette soup that she was given at weight watchers that I've been eating for my lunch, apparently it's 0 points (very low calorie) which is good! Actually found it pretty scrumptious too. I made chicken today with sweet chilli philidelphia stuffed in the middle with a plateful of veggies - my boyfriend actually ate the same as me today which was a bonus! :) He usually makes something different for himself (he can eat like a horse and never gain weight.. grrrrr :mad: - jealous of him!)

Another tip that I found helpful, drink a glass of water before your meal!

Hi and thank you once again for your replies and tips. I'll definitely be trying to include more veggies with my dinner and generally increase my water. I really don't drink enough of anything.

Well I went to a Weightwatchers class on Wednesday so am going to give the pro points plan a go. Been doing ok this week but struggling to use all my daily points. Think I am still getting used to being able to still eat a lot of the stuff I did before just in a more controlled way.

I've been increasing the amount of walking and definitely need to get more exercise in.

So far so good, so see how my weigh in goes on Weds.

If you want a class Slimming World is amazing. You can eat as mych fruit veg potatoes pasta rice eggs lean meat yogurt as you like, so portions can be as big as you want them to be. Most weeks I seriously think theres no way I will lose anything after how much I ate, but 2-3lbs gets lost! It really is great. And I KNOW if I didn't go to a class I would fall off the wagon. Its the weekly class that keeps megoing, but thats just me :)

Thanks for the reply. Unfortuantely the Slimming World near me just wasn't for me and I didn't do it online because like you I know I will need the class to keep it going. Trying WW propoints so I'll see how I get on.

I love the weight watchers pro plan, it's great. I had that problem as well when I was using weight watchers a few years ago, not been able to use all my points up - I just took it as a good thing. Good luck on your weigh in! :) xx

Well had my first weigh in today and I lost 4 pounds. I'm impatient and would love to have lost like 10 pounds in the first week but realistically I know 4 is a good start. I'm sure this is the first time ever my weight has actually gone down rather than up. So roll on week 2

Well done on your weight loss!! Onwards and downwards!!

Like Pipaluk says....a glass of water before a meal helps. I also keep some sugar free jelly made up in the fridge. I am terrible for evening munchies but I find jelly really, really, filling and stops me munching. I have started putting grapes in it as well....deeelish!!!

x

Hey niknak

Well done on your first week! we always expect huge losses the first week...I know I did. In the past I have lost 11lb in my first week, but it was obviously not sustainable otherwise I wouldn't be having to re-join!

Stick at it, and I am here if u need me :) xx

I thought there was a 'thanks' button but can't find it now, but thank you for all your comments.

Pinkelle - since your reply I have tried the Jelly and have to say it is now my new munchies friend. It's zero points on WW so really helps meet my sweet tooth.

So, last week I lost 2 pounds with a bit of exercise, this week did no exercise and lost 5 pounds. The key definitely seems to be to eat all my daily points. So I'm 3 pounds off a stone...yay!

It's turned so cold out I barely want to leave the house. But I am missing my long walks and I never thought I'd say that. Lol.

Congrats on a great loss :)

IU think after a certain amount of days the thank you button goes.

Tell me about the weather!! It's freezing, but on that note I'm off for a walk, must be mad!!

Lol after following your thread James and seeing your fantastic weight loss I decided to drag myself out for a walk. It was freezing but I felt good for it! :D.

Your weight loss is so inspirational ,you are doing so well. Well done.

So after a great loss of 5lb last week, this week I put on a pound :cry:.

I did eat food cooked by someone else and kind of randomly guessed at the propoints value and I got a bit bored of tracking/weighing etc so just did it at the end of the day and probably forgot stuff but really didn't think I ate anywhere near enough to put weight on. That's complacency for you.

Ah well..on to a new week and I have tracked everything so far and yesterday had about 17 points to spare. Today I ate every single point.

Really hope I am back to losing next week.

oh and I did have quite a bit of pasta the night before, probably not the best move but it was really nice

Back