Newbie and need friends :)

Little R

Hello, I'm new here and have decided that it would be good to join a support forum as it's so much easier to lose and maintain weight with other people than it is on my own. I really miss having someone to motivate and be motivated by and someone to share advice and tips with and just to chat to about weight loss.

I'm not over weight, in fact I'm in my bmi healthy range however since moving in with my boyfriend a month ago I have put on nearly a stone and my diet has gone completely out of the window. I know I'm not over weight but for me I am over the weight I am comfortable being and I just don't feel happy with my weight. :(

I seem to have lost my motivation and discipline. I've binged all weekend long and have decided that tomorrow (Monday) is going to be day one of the old me! Haha.

I am usually best at low calorie diets and so anyone else on a low calorie diet please get in touch to help swap advice for snacks and motivation etc.

In fact anyone who wants to get in touch please do. I'd appreciate all the help and support I can get.

Also, I'd be interested in vitamins and supplements I should be taking or anything that will help with the hideous cravings I get. Sugar and Savoury! I just need any help I can't get really.. And I will help anyone who needs it too xxx

Hi and welcome :)
I put on a ton of weight when my bloke moved in - hes generally unfit and eats crap which I also started to do lol
So ive got 50lbs to lose could be worse ;) at least we are not lonely
Nip it in the bud before it gets more than a stone it easily goes up.
Ive stopped binging on crap its hard i try and stick to meals and not eat anything sweet
good luck

liz
x

Thank you.

How have you controlled the binging. Half of the problem is that he has nice things in the house. When I know they are they it's all I can think about and I eat the lot.

I ate a whole bag of salted peanuts the other day along with his nice bread and 2 packets of crisps. Then went on to eat half of his dinner.

When I'm good I'm really good. When im bad I'm literally out of control and eat anything and everything. Aaagh.

How did you stop the binging? X

lol thats nothing ive eaten a whole bag of snack size twirls before must have been 12 or 16 and i didnt feel sick I could have ate more terrible isnt it :) ive been through the cupboards many times in the past looking for anything to fill a whole. It wasnt because i was hungry I dont know what I was eating for, boredom, anxiety or just because I love eating lol

I find keeping things out of reach helps and out of sight - so now the kids packing up snacks are in a black jar top of the cupboard where I cant reach and the things I can have are nearer - chocolate options hot chocolate sachets are brilliant and about 1.5 sys good for night time when u have to have something sweet.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. It really helps to speak to someone who understands. My boyfriend eats whatever he wants and complains he is getting skinny!

I was so good all week but then my friend gave me a pick and mix from her work and I ate the whole bag then stopped at the shop and got loads of junk food which I secretly ate. Part because I was ashamed. Part because I didn't want to share it. Haha.

I wonder In hypnosis might be something I need? I actually am starting to think I have a binge problem. Is it possible it's something wrong with me! Lol xxx

Back