Newbie - can i do it?

smanf

Hello everyone. I made contact with a cdc today and hopefully will be able to set up a meeting really soon so i can start the cd.
I have already managed to lose a stone on ww but find it really hard and constantly yo-yo (im a binge eater.) I still have about 4 stone to lose and need to lose as much as possible before Aug but not sure i'll be able to stick to ss.
Have been lurking for a while and there are some real inspiring ppl and stories out there.
Can i really do this???

Yes you can. You need to tell yourself everyday that, A) you can do it and B) why you want to do it. I am not saying it will be easy, there will be times you want to give up but at those moments you need to come and talk to us all and assure yourself that you are a much stronger person than food and you can and will succeed. Each time you feel you want to eat come and talk to one of us. Don't let food win over you. IF YOU ARE STRONG ENOUGH TO TAKE ONE STEP YOU ARE STRONG ENOUGH TO ACCOMPLISH THE JOURNEY. Welcome to the land of successors :)

Maheen that is a top post! :D

I can't add much! Every diet is hard if you know you're a binge eater then keeping it in your mind will help. Maybe writing a diary on here, especailly when you get the urge to binge, it may help :)

I must say though if you think you need or would benefit from counselling and can afford it Lighter Life (same as CD but with counselling) comes with cognitive behavourial therapy which is proven to help ((hugs)). Not everyones cuppa tea though.

EVERY diet is hard, but at least with CD you'll see faster results. :D

Hi and welcome to minimins. This is the best place to be for help, support and advice. If you have a look at the top, in the big blue band there is a link to tutorials, this will give you all the information you need and lots of help to find your way around the site. There is also a link to the inspirational slideshow, which shows piccies of people who have done a diet, or are on their journey, and shows progress. If you have any questions please feel free to ask, and someone will always be able to help you.

Once again, welcome and good luck with your weight loss journey x x x

Hi Smanf,

I have been on CD for 7 weeks and have lost 32lbs! - I would recommend this diet to anyone especially if you would like to see fast results - I have in total 4 stone to lose and managed to get halfway to my target in 6 weeks.

I'm in my 8th week and the comments are great about my weight & my skin - I feel energised, healthy and on top of the world becuase it is such a good feeling losing the weight

It does require will power but I found it easier than WW or SW because I feel that it takes the choice away from me by going on sole source (in a very good way) although the choice of flavours etc are fantastic - that's what you eat and you stick to it - I too have been a binge eater in the past.

I'm getting married in September and am hoping to buy my wedding dress in a few weeks a damn sight smaller than a few months ago!

good luck with cdc its the best diet in the world trust us all x

Thanx for the advice everyone and well done on some fab loses. Im calling the cdc today so hopefully be joining you really soon.

Back