Newbie, Could do with some support!

Traceym

Hi, I have just joined this site as I have so much weight to lose and it just seems like such a long journey. I have tried so many diets before and ended up heavier than when I started, but I am so sick of allowing my size to destroy my confidence! There is so much I want to do with my life and, to be honest, I am pretty terrified of all of it!
I am planning to start tomorrow, and want to lose 10 stone!!!
I am going to try doing my own thing for a while to see how I get on, but any advice would be greatly appreciated!:)

Thanks
Traceym xx

Good luck Traceym!!
I know what you mean about the lack of confidence. Its really something I need to work on regardless of the size I am. What are you terrified of?? Not diet related but have you read 'Feel the Fear and do it anyway'?? Its a fantastic book to increase your confidence!!
Start the diet tomorrrow??? Why wait??? Start it today!! :)

Thanks for replying RoarEdema,
I really appreciate your comments, I am terrified of alot of things, not weight related but I think my size does have alot to do with my lack of confidence generally, I would love to travel, learn to drive, go out more with friends and family etc but my lack of confidence always holds me back! Meeting new people is a major part of my job but it is the part of it that I hate! I always assume that people will have negative opinions of me due to my size! Silly probably but something that is a big part of my life! Ta for the book reccomendation, I will def have a look at that. Good luck with your personal journey, you're doing great so far!!
Traceym xx

Thanks for replying RoarEdema,
I really appreciate your comments, I am terrified of alot of things, not weight related but I think my size does have alot to do with my lack of confidence generally, I would love to travel, learn to drive, go out more with friends and family etc but my lack of confidence always holds me back! Meeting new people is a major part of my job but it is the part of it that I hate! I always assume that people will have negative opinions of me due to my size! Silly probably but something that is a big part of my life! Ta for the book reccomendation, I will def have a look at that. Good luck with your personal journey, you're doing great so far!!
Traceym xx
I am sure when you lose weight your confidence will soar. It is a vicious circle. If we are unhappy we eat then we hate ourselves for doing that. In the past when I start yet anther diet I am so good for a day then I cheat with every intention of cutting back on what I eat for the rest of the day. But I end up telling myself just to restart the next morning. Result is I lose a few lbs then gain a few lbs and a few extra ones along the way. This time I have started doing the celebrity slim diet. This diet seems good as you don't get hungry and the shakes and meal replacement bars are nice and sweet ( I have a sweet tooth ) Good luck with your journy to lose weight and find your confidence along the way.

Hi Tracey welcome to minimins. Good luck.

Hi Tracey & Welcome
I've got a similar weight loss aim as you and it can be daunting when you think of it in those terms.
I have tried so many diets that i thought i had done them all, until i found this forum ! there are lots of new ones out there to try if others aren't working for you.
I'm sort of using my old ww stuff at home and doing my own thing - i need more flexibility as i cant bear to be told i can't have something when i want it ! i just end up bingeing !
I've been on various medications and would recommend everyone to keep an open mind to using these - they work for some but are not for everyone.
Now i think i've exhausted most options - i know i can lose a few stone independently but i can't keep it off, thats my problem so i'm looking at weight loss surgery.
I guess my point is - have a look round the site, there is so much wonderful information here and so many helpful bods. Have a go at what takes your fancy and if you find its not for you, don't get disheartened - just move on to the next option !
Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Thanks Kathleen, I agree with you about the vicious circle thing, I think we have all had those days were nothing but chocolate will do and then thinking 'oh my god' well no more!!!
I know this time that with support from family and friends and like minded people on here, we can do it!!!!!!
Good Luck Kathleen and thanks again!
Traceym xx
Yes we can do it, and we WILL do it this time. Keep me posted on your progress. Remember a moment on the lips a lifetime on the hips.

Welcome to Minimins :)

Hi everyone,
I lost 2 pounds lastweek, not great but its a small step in the right direction I suppose! The diet didnt go great over the weekend, had a valentines meal with my husband who also bought me massive box of my favourite chocs!!!!
Of course I have the option just not to eat them but I swear they call to me during the night!!! lol
Am trying to increase the amount of activity I do this week, not formal execise but generally being more active.
Will let you all know how it goes!!
Thanks soooo much for all the support so far, you lot are great
Traceym xx

Last edited:
Hi Tracey, 2lbs is good. Think of 4 slabs of butter!

Hi Tracey, your confidence will grow as you lose weight. I do things now that I would have run away from when I was at my biggest! God luck on your journey and welcome to the forum x

Back