Newbie - Day 1

Hi all,

Today is day 1 for me and I've started 'Lighter Life' having fallen on and off the slimming world wagon for the last 18 months.

I am very much hoping that this is my last ever 'day 1' as I'm determined to lose the large amount of weight I need to shift.

I am hoping that abstinence will be the key as I've consistently failed in making 'good food choices'.

Any and all tips would be appreciated!

DTL Xxx

Hi DTL - I'm in a similar position: about to start a VLCD (Cambridge Diet) after failing with everything else. I really hope abstinence will give me the breathing space to sort my issues with food out, and let me takle normal eating without having to try and be on a diet at the same time.

Good luck with your journey!

Hi,

Everyone on here is very friendly with loads of tips and advice to offer.

Good luck with your weight loss journey x

hi all, im new here, just joined up. i started lighter life total on saturday, day today and all seems ok! i havent really felt hungry, but i think that chilli con carne food pack has put me of it for life ha ha - definitely have to change that one back.

ive been overweight pretty much all my life, i dont know what its like to be slim, and i cant wait to find out.

anyone got any good tips? im finding herbal teas to be a good hunger killer. there hot and nice, and you can put a sweetner in there if you need.

nie to meet you all.

andrew

Thanks everyone and HELLO! I'm nearly a week in now and all has gone well! No temptation to waiver and I've not had any side effects - I feel very lucky for that.

I've found the foodpacks okay so far - except for the chilli which I found quite grim as well!

I had hoped to get to a drop in today for a progress report(!) but I couldn't. Fingers crossed that there is a noticeable drop come class on Wednesday.

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekends.

Best of luck with your journeys and hopefully we'll be able to help each other along.

DTL Xx

hi and :welcome: to the forums! Everyone on here is fantastic and there is loads of support and advice available.

Good luck on your weight loss journey!

Back