NEWBIE - DAY 4 & STRUGGLING!!!

Girlscout

Hi All!

I am a CD virgin! haha, this is my first ever attempt and I am now on day 4.

My CDC is wonderful and has been really supportive and I must say these forums are fab as well - really motivating!

I have been told that by day 4/5 you are in ketosis and stop feeling hungry -is this true?? I am totally STARVING still, and feeling a bit weak.:cry:

I am averaging about 1.5-2 litres of water a day (trying to drink more but really struggling so going to get some water flavors at my WI)

My weight atm is 12stones 11, and my goal is to be 9.5 stones - I am 25, and 5ft1. So I have about 4 stone to loose.

PLEASE someone tell me I will stop feeling hungry and weak soon??? :mad:

Best of luck to all CD'ers on here - we can do it!! xx

Hello.
Well done on getting to day 4-5 all i can say is dont give up now as it will get easier.
You may find drinking more water will stop you feeling hungry as i was drinking 4 L before i stopped.
Keep up the good work.

Yes drink lots of water and try and keep busy! its hard but the hunger does stop! Wait till you get weighed and your loss will keep you motivated to keep going :)
Good Luck and keep us posted. x

Usually takes me til day 5 to feel better. Just get the first week done and then it will get much easier, especially once you have had your first weigh in. :) Stick with it.

First time on CD too. It took me 6 days to get in to ketosis and it was a relief when I got there. I don't think I've felt really hungry since. You have to try and differentiate between hunger and a yearning for something to eat - I have to say I struggle with that!!

Not long to go... hang in there! You can do it :)

Wow, thanks everyone for the support! This forum really is great, and it's so nice to know that there are hundreds of others in my position!

Well, to give you an update - I went for an early weigh In on my 5th day, simply because I wanted to change some shakes, so we thought we'd weigh me whilst I was there. I had only lost 3lbs!! :cry: I was gutted... I was really hoping to have lost more than that...

I also have no idea if I am in ketosis yet?!? How do I tell? I am still feeling fairly hungry, but no light-headedness or weakness or headaches now.

I have however, lost 2 inches off my waist in those 5 days, so at least that's something.

My next weigh in is this Friday (another 4 days) so I am REALLY hoping for a significant result this time. I am getting really dis-heartened with other people's stories of losing up to 10lbs on their first week :(

P.S I haven't cheated once either!! xx

I've been 100% too and in my first week, i only lost 5lb. In my second, i lost 6lb. So don't give up!! It's still loads more than you'd lose on most other plans in 5 days! :) Hang on to your goal :)

Girlscout said:
Wow, thanks everyone for the support! This forum really is great, and it's so nice to know that there are hundreds of others in my position!

Well, to give you an update - I went for an early weigh In on my 5th day, simply because I wanted to change some shakes, so we thought we'd weigh me whilst I was there. I had only lost 3lbs!! :cry: I was gutted... I was really hoping to have lost more than that...

I also have no idea if I am in ketosis yet?!? How do I tell? I am still feeling fairly hungry, but no light-headedness or weakness or headaches now.

I have however, lost 2 inches off my waist in those 5 days, so at least that's something.

My next weigh in is this Friday (another 4 days) so I am REALLY hoping for a significant result this time. I am getting really dis-heartened with other people's stories of losing up to 10lbs on their first week :(

P.S I haven't cheated once either!! xx

I think generally you lose a lot at first if you have a lot to lose, but if you don't have quite so much to lose, you tend to lose inches quicker than lbs. Personally i'd rather lose inches so i reckon you're doing ok! I've only lost 4inches from my waist in nearly 2 months.

Back