Newbie & first weigh in tomorrow!

Hii all :)

I'm new on here, my partner just found it for me, very excited to read all your stories/tips.

I did post somewhere on this website not long ago, but for the life of me I can't find it.

I started the Cambridge diet on the 8/1/13, and I have my first weigh in tomorrow morning - very excited!
I am on step 1 sole source +

Just looking for other people on Cambridge & how you have found it really.
What do you think of the flavors of porridges, soups, shakes etc.

I tried this week spicy tomato soup which I really don't like, the chicken and mushroom is okay tbf, it tastes like a cuppa soup. I haven't actually tried the porridge, would like to have some opinions on what it is like. The shakes are okay really apart from the fruits of the forest, didn't like that at all. The chocolate, chocolate mint & strawberry were all really nice though. I am yet to try the chocolate orange.

How have you all been finding it? - The first week as been very hard!

Week 1 ; 17.11
Week 2 ;
Week 3;
Week 4;

Hi Jodie and welcome, yes I have found this site really great reading other peoples posts and feel that they motivate me!Good luck on your weigh in tomorrow I look forward to seeing how you are doing? You are a smiliar weight to I was in 2011 when I started on my weight loss journey and we have the same goal! I did 3 1/2 stone on WW & SW and then lost the rest on Cambridge I managed to get down to 11stone 10lb and then thought that I could do it on my own eating healthy. I managed to keep it off until around Sept and then I put back on 23lb which I am trying to get off and a bit more to get to 11 stone.I have tried most of the soups and love the chili one which I have with some corriander in it, I can stomach the tomotoe one but do not like the others! I tend to stick to just to two! I did try the porrige but did not like it! I tend to also stick to the same vanilla and chocolate shakes, but am going to try to try some of the others as other wise it can get a bit boring!I found the first time that the first week was hard, I have found this time my second time harder the first week! However when you get on the scales it will be all worth it! I lost 5lb my first week last time but had come straight off off SW so was pleased with that! This time I had been a real pig eating really bad over the Christmas period and lost 13lb my first week which was great! I am on day 12 now and looking forward to next weigh in! I weigh in on a Wednesday evening!I have also done a diary this time to try to motivate myself and have found it really good keeping a record!If you want to buddy up we could keep each other motivated?Take Care x

Hi Jodie, welcome :)

I'm on week 1, just completed 7 days 100% on SS. It's been an up and down week, suffered dizzy spells on days 1&2 but have then been ok since, I don't think I'm fully there in my mind yet as its still not the norm for me to not eat real food but I'm managing. I'm sure things will improve when I'm fully in ketosis too.

For my first week I got a mix of porridge, soups and shakes. I couldn't stomach the porridges found them revolting so went back to my CDC on Friday to swap them for other products. Soups - didn't like vegetable, enjoying chicken & mushroom, chilli and spicy tomato; I'm putting a good grind of black pepper in before blending which gives it a bit more flavour... You can't add salt though! Shakes - have liked all that I've tried so far; banana and strawberry ones are nice especially is you blitz with water and ice. My favourites are butterscotch and the toffee & walnut. Really nice. The chocolate ones are nice done as hot chocolate.

I guess it's just personal taste and you'll find the ones you like by trial and error. The porridge is definitely an acquired taste though!!!

WI for me is Tuesday (day 9) due to work commitments tomorrow, fingers crossed for a big loss.

Netty xxx

Hi there

I'm also getting weighed for first time tomorrow. Just completed day 7 and feel like I'm getting the hang of it now! It's time of month for me so just hoping this doesn't affect my weight loss as want a nice big loss to keep up my motivation!

I had the maple and pecan porridge and didn't like it - way too sweet. May try the plain one this week. I like the strawberry and vanilla shakes. Got a cappuccino one to try tomorrow. I'm more of a savoury girl so have been having lots of soup. Chicken and mushroom and vegetable are my faves, with a dash of cayenne pepper! Kids keep asking if they can try some - they must be joking! I need to savour every bit AND they've just had pie for tea!!

Hope weigh in goes well for you tomorrow.
Kathy x

Hi everyone
Im a newbie too started 8th Jan 2013, first weigh in tomorrow nervous! but had a good week ups and downs weighed myself today......if only my scales were right 13lb lost!! I dont think sooooo i think they are telling porkies, if i lose half a stone I will be over the moon :)

Week 1 Start weight 17st 10lb = :eek:
Week 2 ?

ekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Hii :) Thanks, yeah my partner showed me this site and got me started, found it really helpful so far. The first week has been really hard to be honest, getting my body used to food is very hard, I crave the smallest things like a piece of toast! -_- . I tried WW, but whatever weight I would lose, I would put back on so thought I'd give CD a go. Thats amazing how much weight you lost - well done. I'm trying the Leek one tomorrow, hoping that will be okay. I put alot of weight on when I was pregnant and since my little man is only 10 months, instead of doing actually meals for myself & my partner we would just have a take away and I am the biggest snacker! lol, but I am so excited for tomorrow! Hope it's a good amount I lose!
I write in my food journal everyday saying how I'm feeling, if I like the soups etc, I do agree that writing/talking or anything like that really to keep focused does help!
Yeah I would love someone to keep me motivated and me to help you stay motivated, I will comment tomorrow on my weigh in!
xx

Hii :) & Thank you :)
I am the same as you, my first week left me feeling very tired and light headed, luckily that has started to fade now. I hate porridge so I have no idea why I told my CDC I would try them this week lol, I think I was just getting bored of the soups. Ohh I didn't know you could add black pepper! thats a must for tomorrows lunch! I also haven't tried blitzing the shakes with ice, I will have to do that, bet it tastes yum! Well my weigh in is tomorrow, hoping for a good one!
Good luck with you weigh in.
xx

Hi Jodie, welcome :)

I'm on week 1, just completed 7 days 100% on SS. It's been an up and down week, suffered dizzy spells on days 1&2 but have then been ok since, I don't think I'm fully there in my mind yet as its still not the norm for me to not eat real food but I'm managing. I'm sure things will improve when I'm fully in ketosis too.

For my first week I got a mix of porridge, soups and shakes. I couldn't stomach the porridges found them revolting so went back to my CDC on Friday to swap them for other products. Soups - didn't like vegetable, enjoying chicken & mushroom, chilli and spicy tomato; I'm putting a good grind of black pepper in before blending which gives it a bit more flavour... You can't add salt though! Shakes - have liked all that I've tried so far; banana and strawberry ones are nice especially is you blitz with water and ice. My favourites are butterscotch and the toffee & walnut. Really nice. The chocolate ones are nice done as hot chocolate.

I guess it's just personal taste and you'll find the ones you like by trial and error. The porridge is definitely an acquired taste though!!!

WI for me is Tuesday (day 9) due to work commitments tomorrow, fingers crossed for a big loss.

Netty xxx

Hii :)
How are you finding it now? Yeah I think as you get past the first few days, you get used to it, it certainly took me a few days.
Ohh I didn't think of that affecting us women, I hope it doesn't :/ Oh no, everyone is saying the porridge is horrible & I hate porridge anyway so I have no idea why I have picked it for tomorrow! :/ Haha my partner kept wanting to try the milkshakes because he loves chocolate milkshake & I'm like no this is the closest thing to chocolate I can get. I have to stay away from my family at meal times, I find it so hard lol, even the smell of toast makes me crave it!
Woo hope your weigh in goes well!
Will let you know how I get on tomorrow!

Jodie xx

Hi there

I'm also getting weighed for first time tomorrow. Just completed day 7 and feel like I'm getting the hang of it now! It's time of month for me so just hoping this doesn't affect my weight loss as want a nice big loss to keep up my motivation!

I had the maple and pecan porridge and didn't like it - way too sweet. May try the plain one this week. I like the strawberry and vanilla shakes. Got a cappuccino one to try tomorrow. I'm more of a savoury girl so have been having lots of soup. Chicken and mushroom and vegetable are my faves, with a dash of cayenne pepper! Kids keep asking if they can try some - they must be joking! I need to savour every bit AND they've just had pie for tea!!

Hope weigh in goes well for you tomorrow.
Kathy x

Hii Mandy :) .. Woo you started the same say as me! How are you finding it? I kept weighing myself, so in the end my partner hid the scales -_-
Wow that would be brilliant if you lost 13lb int he first week!
How have you found it so far?
Let me know on your weigh in tomorrow, I'll be posting mine! hopefully it will be good!
xx

Hi everyone
Im a newbie too started 8th Jan 2013, first weigh in tomorrow nervous! but had a good week ups and downs weighed myself today......if only my scales were right 13lb lost!! I dont think sooooo i think they are telling porkies, if i lose half a stone I will be over the moon :)

Week 1 Start weight 17st 10lb = :eek:
Week 2 ?

ekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Hi all,

How did everyone get on who had weigh in today? I cheated and weighed at home this morning and had lost 8lbs so was really pleased but by the time my consultant weighed me this evening loss was only 4lbs ? When I got home I weighed again on my scales which also said 4lb loss. I do feel really bloated due to time of month so am hoping that's what's made the big change between this morning and this evening.
Feeling a bit disheartened though. I could have lost 4lbs going to weight watchers! I'd hoped for more after all the effort it's been this week - and I haven't cheated once.
Anyway, sorry about the whinge. Hope others have better weigh in tales to tell.
Kathy xx

Good luck Jodiie. We're all rooting for you x x

Hi all,

How did everyone get on who had weigh in today? I cheated and weighed at home this morning and had lost 8lbs so was really pleased but by the time my consultant weighed me this evening loss was only 4lbs ? When I got home I weighed again on my scales which also said 4lb loss. I do feel really bloated due to time of month so am hoping that's what's made the big change between this morning and this evening.
Feeling a bit disheartened though. I could have lost 4lbs going to weight watchers! I'd hoped for more after all the effort it's been this week - and I haven't cheated once.
Kathy xx

Hi Kathy!
if its TOM you will be retaining water so if you drank your recommended water during the day then this would have caused you to put on so much during the day, also what was you wearing? I do my offical WI in the morning, nude, post wee. Its my scales that i rely on and my CD for my measurements, i used to end up taking of items of clothes off just to loose more so i thought i would do my own WI's aslong as you have reliable scales! Also you really dont have much to lose so that maybe why.

Im on day 9 today! lost 11lbs in the first week, which i was very pleased with, not hoping for half as much this week! would just like to be in the next stone bracket :)

xx

Hiya Kathy,

My cambridge lady, as I call her to my other half, said that there can be at least a 3lb difference between morning to evening, so please try not to be disheartened. What is important is that you get weighed at the same time every week so you can see a pattern. Keep us posted on how you are doing xx

Thanks Skinnybean and fraufrau,
I weighed again on my scales this morning and still had that big loss, so yes, fraufrau, I guess it's just the difference between morning and evening weighing. I'm feeling much more motivated today anyway as a top that used to cling to me and show my lumps and bumps looked great and didn't cling at all :)

My consultant didn't take my measurements this week - is this usual? I just assumed I'd be measured every week.

Kathy x

Re: Newbie & first weigh in tomorrow!

Hi kathy

When i did LL, she used to measure me every 4 weeks so i dont know if this is the case woth cwp as well. I suppose monthly would give you a better number because if it didnt change from week to week we may be dissapointed.

Good luck with your weigh in though x x

Sent from my GT-S5830 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Kathy :)
I lost 9lbs & 8 inches in total, I kept popping on the scales but in the end, my partner hid them from me lol. Aww well at least you've stuck by the diet, well done, anything is better than nothing. I'm sure TOTM also does affect it, so hopefully you'll feel better on your next weigh :) x

Hi all,

Kathy xx

Hey Kathy,

Well done for keeping your big loss, you will see a true reading next week when you get weighed on the evening too! I am measured every week, I'm sure if you wanted to be you could ask your consultant? It is your time, so you should be able to make suggestions! Keep up the motivation xxx

Back