Newbie - Food Shopping?

hmwhite1987

Hi all,

im joining my local weight watchers class on Monday, and I wanted to try and get organised before hand, and stock my cupboards ready.

Ive always been a Slimming World Girl, and I have no real idea about the weight watchers diet and what I can eat.

I have picked up the current magazine for ideas, but I was wondering if anybody could guide me with some ideas of what to sort of foods to buy in?

Thanks in Advance :)

Helen x

Lots of fruit and veggies, brown rice, wholemeal pasta, tinned tomatoes and some lean meat (unless you're vegetarian). Also can't go wrong with canned tuna and some low fat dairy products. Basically when you choose, choose healthy and limit the bread (I've gone onto WW bread as it's much better points wise than my usual). Hope that helps some!

Fruit (tinned in fruit juice is free) which is one thing I love about switching from SW lol
Veggies
Salad
Lean meats
Fish
Hellmanns lighter than light mayo (0pp for 2 tablespoons)
Solero Mojitos Ice lollies see only 1pp each and great in this hot weather at the moment.
Meringue nests (1 pp for one and lovely with fruit and yogurt).

WW yogurts
WW petit pains
WW cake slices are a great sweet snack in evenings with a cuppa and 2 pp each.
WW hot chocolate I love the cappuccino cake one for 1pp.
WW crisps or hoops & crosses.

Warbutons brown thins free on filling and healthy.
Eggs.
Bread - my favourite is Hovis wheatgerm 400g loaf which is free on filling and healthy.
Pickles. Great on salads.

Low fat cheese.

Fresh sliced meats for salads etc.

Wholewheat pasta - Asda sell cook italisn rang in pasta shapes, spaghetti and lasagne sheets and all this is free on filling and healthy.

Skimmed milk - free on filling and healthy.

Crumpets - free on filling and healthy.

Cereals such as plain porridge oats, shredded wheat, puffed wheat and wheat bran are all free on filling and healthy too.

Hope this helps xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thankyou both for your replies, its been a great help.

im really looking forward to going to class tonight (the plan seems too good to be true!)

I decided I would go shopping straight after my class so I can be prepared for my first day tomorrow.

I cant wait to be back in control of my eating again :)

I lost 3.5 stone on slimming world, but I got complacent and stopped trying with it so stopped going, and since then a stone of that weight has managed to creep back on!!! :(

im getting Married in February, so I have a very good reason to lose the weight!!!

Helen xx

Littlehippo - the fruit is free in the tinned fruit but you still need to syn the juice

Helen - if you click this link you can download meal builders from WW Simple Start meal builders

Alison

Thankyou!!

I went to the meeting last night, and went shopping straight afterwards!

First Simple Start Day today so............ fingers crossed :) x

Hi

Create a food diary for people to help you out & subscribe to others to get help & ideas.

Makes such a difference!!

Good luck x

Littlehippo - the fruit is free in the tinned fruit but you still need to syn the juice Helen - if you click this link you can download meal builders from WW Simple Start meal builders Alison

I miss wrote what I said.
Tinned fruit is free if its in juice but drained is what I meant to say.

The ones in syrup have ProPoints.

Here's ones I've been enjoying....

image-2903585429.jpg

image-2638221127.jpg

Although I love fresh fruit sometimes mine goes mouldy if I don't fancy it lol so its nice to have some tinned stuff as back up xxx

I miss wrote what I said.
Tinned fruit is free if its in juice but drained is what I meant to say.

The ones in syrup have ProPoints.

Here's ones I've been enjoying....

View attachment 146945

View attachment 146946

Although I love fresh fruit sometimes mine goes mouldy if I don't fancy it lol so its nice to have some tinned stuff as back up xxx

Lol I'm the same. Luv fresh pineapple. Bot peaches on Sunday & they have ripened really quickly but they r lovely. It's the tinned mandarins I have & count as 1 2 include the juice!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

I often have tinned pineapple, mandarins and peaches just for ease. At least in the cupboard I know they ain't gonna go mouldy lol!
Plus its a bonus not having to peel a blasted pineapple haha xxx

Back