Newbie has a Question

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Food Diaries' started by meganbowles, 8 January 2010 Social URL.

1. meganbowles

meganbowles Member

Hi there,
    I am new to slimming world, this is my 2nd week, I havent weighed in yet as my group was cancelled due to snowfall.

I need to ask a question, as I had a stressful day today and needed to just relax...

I had a ham sandwich (which is fine, as i am on the extra easy plan). But I had already had my healthy option for the day.

My question is, is it possible to use my healthy option (bread) for tomorrow today? I don't really want to use it as a syn as it's my 21st birthday meal on Sunday!

Many thanks :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Devon Dolce

Devon Dolce 1lb at a time!

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.33%)
    Sorry hun, but you'll need to syn it today and draw a line under it - enjoy your birthday celebrations xxx

4. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    No sorry, unlike syns you can't carry forward HEs to the next day or borrow one from tomorrow to use today. Could you turn it into a red day as you get 2 HEBs on that? If not then just chalk it up to experience and move on. And happy birthday!

5. meganbowles

meganbowles Member

Im on extra easy, i havent been told about red or green days.
    I'm just worried i wont lose weight, because I lost 2 stone over xmas as i was in hospital with appendicitis from 26/12 till 1/1 and didn't eat at all. So i am slowly getting my food intake back, and I am worried that that food will just store as fat as I was in starvation mode.
    I spoke to my group consultant and she said it wouldnt but i am not convinced, and i dont have anything to weigh myself on, and have to wait until next thursday.
    I am also worried about eating out on sunday because that wil be a lot of syns.

I have really been following the diet well, and havent used my syns at all really. I just get worried, and cant handle being this weight anymore!

6. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Meganbowles, relax & take it easy, life is for living. Get it into your head now you will have lots of syns on your birthday, & be happy about it otherwise you wont enjoy your day. If you're going to be drinking try & eat an EE meal & just use your syns on drinks. Or if you wont be drinking have your syns on your meal, simples:p

I always have wine & chocs on a Saturday with MiL so I allocate my syns on a weekly basis. You could try doing that for once. But not all people & consulants agree on having syns on weekly basis & say you should have them each day.

Whatever you do have a lovely birthday & enjoy it, the weight will come off eventually.:)

7. meganbowles

meganbowles Member

Thanks Michelle,
    I will try to relax. I just find it hard to carry on diets if I dont have any weight loss.
    Is there a recipes page in here, as I find lunches really hard to make and keep interesting!

Thank you everyone!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.