Newbie HELP I think please!

Kittenstar

Hi

I have been luking around reading and digesting - so to speak.

I have a supply of xenical, was given it a while ago been too scared to take it. Stupid.

So in my wisdom, I tried the quick fix and did a VCD. Great while it lastest, lost two stone, stopped and put 2 and a half back on.

So, as much as it pains me to say I realise a quick fix is no good. It HAS to be a life change. I am an emotional eater, so hoping that by taking these it might stop this.

I understand (thanks to posts) about the "rules" not eating anything with more than 5g of fat and max 15g in a meal. Beyond that I don't plan on couting calories, I don't want to overcomplicate, I don't want there to be any reason not to give in.

I am starting a new job in a month, and no clothes fit me.

Someone on here posted a great comment which has stuck with me "The only person you are cheating is yourself".

So. Haven't taken a tablet yet. Should I start my "new regime" today, and start taking tablets tomorrow?

All advice very gratefully received and I look forward to getting to know you all!

Thanks

Hi and welcome, I would suggest sticking to the "rules" for a few days then start taking the tablets but increase them over a couple of days i.e. 1 the first day, 2 the second etc. having said that I have only ever taken one tablet a day (with my evening meal) and that has worked for me.. this method has also been helpful with the shortage - makes the pack last 3x longer! :) Good luck - let us know how you get on! x

Thanks for that - I will. A shortage thats unusual or is it? Will do less than rule today, and then take one tomorrow night.

Am ready for this and it feels quite liberating to know I can actually eat as long as I keep within the limits.

Thanks for your reply.

I also take one a day, enough to keep you within the rules and boost weight loss, without running out too soon before the supplies come back in properly. There has been manufacturing problems with the company who supplied the tablets but it is slowly coming back into stock in dribs and drabs :)

Good luck with your weight loss journey :) x

Hi & welcome!

I would just say be careful not counting calories cos there are plenty of foods within the rules that are low in fat but high in cals which will slow your weight loss down. I understand at first it can be hard to get your head around, have you considered looking at Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal | MyFitnessPal.com which is a free calorie counting app a fair few of us use on here.

You are right about the rules, I took 2 tablets a day never 3 which kept me on the straight & narrow..... If you want to join our Christmas Challenge feel free

Good Luck with your journey x

Kittenstar said:
Thanks for the lovely responses ! I will have a look at the christmas challenge - can't wait. Who thought I would be excited!

XX

I was the same this time last year (well in 2 weeks time) & I managed to lose 28lbs by Christmas, t kept me so motivated & I've taken over running the challenges now as it really helps me x

I only have milkshake in the morning, so I just take a pill at Lunch and Dinner. However I started taking my pills right away, I find that they take 3-4 days to kick in properly so I was careful what I ate, but started straight away :)

Back