Newbie - help needed please!

Susiew2001

Gold Member
Hi everyone
Am attempting SW for the second time after having a baby 10 weeks ago...I did it before and lost 12lbs in 5months (I know, could do better :sigh: ) before my wedding but most of that was stress related as it got closer(!)...but this time I was to do it properly and keep it off! So, with regard to superfree food, if it's included in a recipe how do you work out the amount? I'm doing EE for now, so I know 1/3 of my plate should be superfree, so for instance, I had homemade cottage pie for lunch with broccoli and cauliflower, but in the pie there was loads celery, carrots and onions - have I eaten too much superfree food? That's apparently what I was doing the last time which is why I didn't lose as much as I'd wanted to as quickly as I wanted to.

Also, are there any other options for 'A' HE's? I love cheese and milk as much as the next person, but as am exclusively BF I am allowed 6 HE's and most are supposed to be 'A's and I'm struggling!

Thanks everyone!

I can't believe the reason you were told you weren't losing much last time was because of having too much SF - I don't think there's such a thing as too much. One of the last ditch regimes within SW (for those who have reached and cannot pass a plataux) involves meals of 2/3 SF rather than the usual 1/3. SF should also be the first choice, where possible, for all snacks.

Could the reason have been eating to the clock rather than when actually hungry, or perhaps finishing off your serving rather than stopping when satisfied? Just a thought.

On the HEa issue, unfortunately that category is only milk & cheese (calcium) but you could perhaps help fulfil your increased requirement by eating full fat versions of both - they're smaller allowances so the same quantity of full fat milk rather than skimmed would take care of x 2 HEa (same basis for cheese).

Hope that helps.

Thank you! I did think it seemed a bit odd at the time but having not done it before I went with it! Will follow your advice too re HE's and see how I get on. Never thought I'd say I've had enough cheese!
x

Back