Newbie Here - 5th WI this week

MR2_Owner

Doing Slimming World
Hi All,

Have been browsing on here for weeks and thought I would come say hi & share my CD Story so far.

My Dr wouldnt sign off my form, as my BMI is over 40 which meant I had to start on the 1200 plan - not that I mind, I lost 7lbs in my first week, 5th WI in this week and I'm loving it. I view it as I'm re-educating myself about food and this is what I have been needing as I have now lost a stone already.

I love the shakes except Fruits of The Forest, Choc Orange & not a huge fan of the Strawb altho I do have it. I also love the Choc Tetra & Summer Berry Water Flavouring. I have tried some of the bars, but the Cranberry one gave me really bad wind & the choc one was too rich - not that I ever thought I'd say that seeing as I love, or should I say loved Boost Choc Bars! I do love Malt Toffee tho.

Somethings I have learnt so far - the 'Hinari Genie' blender I bought from Makro for approx £20 is the best ever - esp for Mix a Mousse, I measure out a bit under 150ml of normal water, then go and get about 6 icecubes and put them in the water - leave it for a few mins and then take them out & the water is really chilled. Meanwhile open your sachet & put a level spoonful of Mix A Mousse in it - shake, but often it doesnt shake that well so I mix it with a lil spoon. Blend it for approx 30 seconds (which is all you need in the Genie) then pour into a bowl. If I put it in our Fridge up here it doesnt set, but I put it in the one in the garage which is set realy cold and it sets like a lovely airy mousse.

Also, drink the water and tell yourself that you are doing your body the world of good - yeah it can taste bland, but we all need it.

Finally - this might be TMI but my periods have always been irregular, even more so as I gained weight and now I've got one which feels more heavy than usual? But I've seen I'm not the only one that gets this doing CD - is nice to share it with fellow peeps who might be in the same boat as me.

Anyway thats my essay over with!

x x

welcome aboard the weight loss bus xxxxxxxx

Hi MR2, its great to see new people and hear they're stories, so welcome :grouphugg:

Hope to hear more from ya soon

xx

Hi & welcome MR2!

Look forward to hearing from you & seeing your losses. :) xx

H MR2 and welcome. I had the same problem as you my Dr would not sign :eek: !!! I am on the 810 plan now but started on 1000. Just wish i had found this diet years ago.......Good luck and keep us posted :)

Hello

Welcome to the world of Cambridge Diet and water. Good luck with your journey x

hello and WELCOME MR2 :D

well done on your fantastic loss so far !

good luck with the rest of your journey & don't forget to keep us posted !!

Debz xx

Hi,
Great to hear your story and congrats on 5 weeks on CD,

H xxx

Welcome, glad you are enjoying cd x

Thanks for posting, its great to read people's stories, tips and ideas.

Laura x

Hi and welcome to Minimins.....it's a super forum and there's always someone on to listen/offer support etc. Good luck with your weight loss journey - sounds like you're committed to making it work.

Hi Everyone - thought I would reply to this thread rather than start another - went for my 5th WI just over an hour ago and have lost 5lbs in a week!
Talk about happy - I'm now also loving the inches going down properly now! Made my CDC very very proud of me - long may it continue I say.

Hi Everyone - thought I would reply to this thread rather than start another - went for my 5th WI just over an hour ago and have lost 5lbs in a week!
Talk about happy - I'm now also loving the inches going down properly now! Made my CDC very very proud of me - long may it continue I say.

Where's your fancy ticker to show off the loss to date? Just click on any ticker to take you to the site to make your own :)

Back