Newbie here - help appreciated :)

barmcake

Hi everyone

This forum seem great and really supportive :)

I am a first time S & S'er. I ordered the pack a few months ago but wasnt really in the zone and didnt use half of it.

However I have now reached the end of my tether and am tying a knot and hanging on. I am 7stone overweight. I need to shed 7stone to get to a healthy BMI and am pretty overweight for my height :sigh:.

I am encountering more and more health problems and I need to tackle it now before it gets worse. I have this crazy idea that maybe I might be near goal at Christmas, this would be like a dream to me its been so long since I was happy with myself

I plan to use hynotherapy CDs to help me along the way.

Can anyone offer any pearls of wisdom.

Starting next week as I am away this weekend and didnt want to set myself up to fail:wave_cry:

Love

Amanda x

Oh my dear Amanda :) Of course you can be there by Christmas, in fact, you will be there by Christmas so you'll need to start believing that (that's the crazy thing, not thinking you'll get there cause you will). I won't bore you too much with my story, but suffice to say after 20+ years of dieting failure, never losing more than 2 stone, always gaining back and a little more, I decided 6 months ago that 2 stone off in 2 years was just riddiculus and I needed to do something different. 6 months later and I'm only 3lb off dropping another 5 stone on top of that 2, and if I'm being honest, I've messed about a bit on the way.

I get what you say about being in the right frame of mind. A lot of us are reading the Beck Diet Solution by Dr Judith Beck - it's a self help book that deals with the whys of eating and gives you tactics to address why you eat how and what you do. There is a group on the off topic forum here, take a peak, see what you think. A number have also used hypnotherapy to good effect too. It works for me when I can't sleep, but it didn't stop me eating - maybe I should do more of the sleeping stuff, don't eat when I'm snoring ;). Plan some you time activities for the first few days if you can, to keep you distracted until ketosis kicks in, keep drinking water, and keep checking out the support on here. You'll be dropping those pounds before you know it :)

Hi :) and welcome.

It really is a great forum.

The program is tough but if you stick to it you WILL get results very quickly.
My advice would be to take it one day at a time. Don't look at the amount you have to lose as a whole as it can be quite daunting. Set yourself small goals throughout the journey and embrace the changes your mind and body will make.

Wishing you the best of luck. We are all here for support :)

Wow thank you so much that's so kind of you. I can't wait to wear clothes I choose because I like them and not just because they fit. I also want to be more active with my two little girls

Thanks so much for your replies xxxx

You can do this. I started off at 18st just under 5 weeks ago and I'm now a stone and a half lighter. It's not always easy, especially at first. But I'm using it as an excuse to forget about food completely. I can now happily walk round the supermarket without looking at all the shelves because I know I can't have any of it and my craving gremlin helps me to laugh at any cravings I have. I've been out for a few meals (I always have grilled chicken) but they've been a real treat and although they have sometimes tested me (stupid waiter brought me chips when I asked for none) I just keep reminding myself why I'm doing this and fight my way through it.

Good luck! We shall be slim for christmas :)

We shall. No more hiding from the camera at Christmas !!!!

Lmao no you won't be hiding you will be grand :D

Back