Newbie here - help!!

Hi, I joined sw on Tuesday, hoping to shift four stone. I enjoyed the group, but the consultant wasn't that helpful so am confused. I really liked the look of the Extra Easy, but the consultant said I can't do this as I'm breastfeeding. She said to do green or red days with up to 8 a or b healthy extras. I went home to plan meals and just got confused! I couldn't figure out why I couldn't do the extra easy, and have tried to do that the last two days. Could anyone have a look at yesterdays food diary for me - think I must be getting it wrong as I can't imagine how I'd lose weight eating this lot :eek:

Breakfast: mullerlight, plum
Lunch: quorn sausage, beans, baked spud
Snack: nectarine, 2x extra light cheese triangles
Dinner: grilled chicken breast, new potatoes, big salad
Others: grapes, mullerlight yoghurt, small glass dry white wine

I'd really appreciate some help, I don't want to mess up before I've even got started!!! :confused:

I don't know about not doing extra easy, but you do need to allow more HEX A and Bs- your diary looks great for a 'normal' person, but I think you need to be having more HEX as 2 light cheese triangles is not even 1 portion of an 'A'

I found this info on-line:

If you are breast-feeding, your body requires extra energy and extra calcium to enable it to produce milk for your baby. Therefore if you are Food Optimising whilst breast-feeding we recommend you increase your daily number of Healthy Extras.

Extra Daily Allowances for breast-feeding mums
Baby’s age
You can enjoy additional Healthy Extras on top of your usual 2a and 2b choices.
We recommend that one or preferably two of these additional choices are made from the milk and cheese section.​
Up to 2 months
3​
2 to 3 months
4​
4 to 6 months if starting to wean
3​
4 to 6 months if breast milk is the only source of nutrient for your baby
4​
Over 6 months when weaning
1​

If you’re following Extra Easy whilst breast-feeding, we advise that in addition to your 1 ‘a’ and 1 ‘b’ Healthy Extra, you enjoy the same number of additional Healthy Extras listed above, and that two or preferably three of these choices are made from the milk and cheese section for extra calcium.

Brilliant, thanks so much. So, looks like I'm allowed 4 more healthy extras, will throw in some cheese and have bought some Alpen Lights! Can't believe how good this diet is, I lost 3 stone on ww previously, but was always hungry. Just hope the scales move in the right direction come tuesday! Thanks again for your help xxx

Back