Newbie here! Just wanted to say hello!

trytrytryagain

Hi Everyone! I just found this website and was really inspired while looking through it so thought I would join! I've been trying to lose weight for ages and I've tried every diet..... and all that jazz! My story is like so many others that I won't bore you with endless lists of crabby quick fix diets!
After my appendix burst ( was on lighterlife but sure its unrelated :sigh2: ) I thought maybe I would revert back to trusty old Slimming World and the healthy eating approach!
I feel like I've been conned by the clever advertising of so many diets and now want to lose lbs rather than £££££'s!!!! :D
So after an online shop at Asda (thought I'd do it online to avoid picking up tempting offers on naughty treats) I'm all ready to go!
My main downfall is eating because of stress and anxiety. Has anybody any tips on how to combat this? When I feel down I just crave tea and cake! It's like an invisible force dragging me to the kitchen and once I'm there I can give myself the most plausible excuses as to why it is fine to eat that whole box of biscuits!!
I'm also really bad at planning - I have good intentions - buy myself an attractive journal - but then end up ripping the pages out and 'starting again' after several days of forgetting (more like purposely forgetting because I don't want to be truthful about what I really ate!). I really would appreciate any tips on how to plan successfully !
Good luck everybody and thank you for the inspiration already!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hiya, I'm new here too, so don't have any great tips, but I can really relate to a lotof what you say about the compulsion to eat, especially when stressed out etc!

The only thing i can think of is doing things that make you happy or relaxed to combat feeling so stressed, hope someone else has some better ideas for you :)

Welcome,im new too! :) totally understand what ur saying about the urge u get to eat! Lately im just craving junk,usually i do eat healthy but dont kno whats came over me!!

Hope all goes well for you :)

Back