Newbie here made some recipes too

katiekoo

Hello all
Well im new ( on here ) not to sw , ive one it a few times the first two times lost loads , then just simply got bored
then the other couple of times was at home and my heart really wasnt in it so gave up
Im back to do it again , this will be the 2nd time following the ee plan - its day 3 and so far so good.
just wondering if you could tell me i am doing it right and if you could help me on a few things ..
So yesterday i had a boiled egg , on one piece of 400g white loaf no butter ( as i didnt have anything in sw friendly ) this was 4 syns
For dinner i had 4 slices of ham , 2 small jacket potatoes salad and a fork full of coleslaw - i had half a teaspoon of butter so syned this as 1 and the coleslaw as two as it was the tiniest bit ever - i also had 14g cheese as my hex A as id had a cuppa with a bit of milk lol
For tea i made meatballs from the sw book with a tomotoe sauce all syn free and it was delish - carrots in and onion the lot yum
then at the night i had a digestive biccie at 3.5 syns

Today i had bacon not fat and a 200g bean and sausage at 5 syns
ive had fresh pineapple to snack on
for tea i had 2 wholemeal slices from a 400g loaf with tuna in brine lettuce and a tbsp of low fat mayo at 2 syns
Tea was chicken in diet coke with rice brocolli sweetcorn and peas - it was tasty but lacked something in the actual chicken hmm no one else like it though lol

Just wondering now if you could give me any reciepes for coleslaw and garlic bread ?

Im hoping to loose about 2 stone my start weight is 17 4.5 the biggest ever - and my motivation is to get into my wedding dress for july - well be smaller as ive been measured already lol

have a search on the recipe forum, there are tons of good recipes for alsmost everything. I have a good thread of yummy recipes and pictures too *honeys recipes, a sticky in the recipe forum.

Coleslaw is pretty easy shred your cabbage, grate carrots and anyother veg you fancy in it. for the sauce you could use low fat mayo and syn it, or what i do is use some low fat mayo (synned) and some fromage frais to boost the amount of sauce for no syns. or you could try with just the fromage frais, maybe add dijon mustard to make it have some more flavour?? experiment.

Garlic bread not easy to make good and low syn. Bread from HEB low fat marge synned with the garlic added.

I don't think you are getting enough superfree foods to be honest. There are several meals with none at all and on EE you should be aiming to have one third of your plate as superfree foods (fruit and veg excluding potatoes, sweetcorn, parsnips and peas).

Yeah I think I'd agree - just been doing the best with what's on the house as the weekly shop isn't until tomorrow - well be defiantly getting more in though
Is it a 1/3 with every meal or as a whole day?

With every meal and ideally on the same plate. But if you can't manage that it is better to have it before as a starter than after as a dessert. The idea is to naturally limit the amount of free foods you consume just because there is less room on the plate for them, or because you have already filled up on the superfree foods.

Back