Newbie Here!!! :o)

Hiya, my name is Becky (Bec).
I am not really new to this site as i used it a few years ago when i done Lipotrim and failed miserably! I am now starting Xenical tomorrow morning and i am very nervous! I have heard so many mixed stories about Xenical BUT at the weekend decided that i was going to give it a bloody good go and see what it does!

I am 30 years old. I was made redundant from my job of 13 years at chrismas and i am embarking on a 'NEW ME!' :p My long blond hair went to VERY short brown hair and i am now in my 4th month of giving up smoking...Now all that is left is the DIET!!!!

I love coming on here and reading/seeing how everyone is doing. It really encourages me and keeps me focused. I have a fair bit to lose, I am 16 stone and would love to lose 6 stone. Let the diet commence...

hi Bec,
If you try, and stick to less than 5g of fat per 100g you should succeed. I am 10 days into using Xenical and have already lost 7lbs, it gives you a real feel-good factor when you get on the scales and makes it worth cutting out the junk :)
Good luck!

Hi Bec, Xenical I think is an easier diet plan to follow, there isn't any weighing or counting points etc, just low fat, healthy choices, which rewards you with healty weight loss, and helps you to make better lifestyle choices.

You should stick to 5grams and under per 100grams of fat and no more than 15grams of fat per meal. You just need to check the food label, then the fat column, that's it :)

I think it's fair to say, those horror stories, are made by people who haven't stuck to the rules, if the fat is too high you're going to react to it..simples ;) Plenty of water too,exercsie goes hand in hand with weight loss too :)

Hi bec and welcome,
Well done on giving up smoking.
This diet is really easy to follow and i'm sure you will be fine.
I'm a member of weight watchers too, it just gives me low fat recipe ideas and going to a group who are all in the boat helps. This forum is fab too and the guys are so supportive and helpful so if you need help don't be afraid to ask.
Looking forward to reading your posts.

Mandy

Thank you for the support choccie, bunny hops and Mandy!!

Day 2 is over and thought i would just share what i ate today.

B'fast: Special K with Skimmed milk
Lunch: Quorn ham, salad and 2 original crackerbread
Afternoon snack: apple and nectarine
Dinner: Stirfry veg in soy sauce and onion salt with 90g pasta.

I have been drinking diet lemonade more than water though but i know i must stop that. Also, i have a LOT of chewing gum (due to giving up smoking) which i am unsure whether it effects the diet?

If anyone thinks i should be doing anything differently i would really appreciate any feedback.

Hello I'm new to the site aswell, I was on Alli to start off & did so well on it but couldn't really afford to carry on buying it as I'm on maternity leave so a friend suggested getting xenical from the doctors which I got, I'm finding it really easy to follow & sometimes don't feel i'm on a diet as such although I know its a life change of food more than anything, hope you do well on it on your 1st week!

I think the chewing gum will be fine as long as you have the sugar free one. Just for the calorie content really.
The diet lemonade should be ok, but it is better to drink water or to add flavour put a little squash in it. Low sugar of course.

Mandy

Your food lookd good, although I think you're not eating enough. Are you using my fitness pal? It's worth signing up to.

www.myfitnesspal.com

Thank you for the feedback! Much appreciated! :)

Bunny Hops...
Although it may not sound very much, when i do eat any salad, stirfry, fruit, veg....i do have a lot of it and just small amounts of quorn, pasta etc?! I dont know if that makes a difference?

I have got the hang of exercise and drinking LOTS of water today! Yay me!! I do have a slight problem though!! Is Xenical actually meant to make you go to the toilet? I started Xenical on Tuesday and havent been to the toilet and getting slightly worried!! Can you take laxatives with Xenical?

Hi
I have had issues with feeling bloated and not going properly,.. I seem to go more often but not properly lol I have taken senna / senakot a few time which helped.. But a friend of mine swears by aloe Vera juice taken every evening.. Keeps her very regular.

Hi
I have had issues with feeling bloated and not going properly,.. I seem to go more often but not properly lol I have taken senna / senakot a few time which helped.. But a friend of mine swears by aloe Vera juice taken every evening.. Keeps her very regular.

If you're feeling bloated then you could be dehydrated, you feel this way when your body isn't having enough hydration, it's storing what it does have... :)

Thank you for the feedback! Much appreciated! :)

Bunny Hops...
Although it may not sound very much, when i do eat any salad, stirfry, fruit, veg....i do have a lot of it and just small amounts of quorn, pasta etc?! I dont know if that makes a difference?

I have got the hang of exercise and drinking LOTS of water today! Yay me!! I do have a slight problem though!! Is Xenical actually meant to make you go to the toilet? I started Xenical on Tuesday and havent been to the toilet and getting slightly worried!! Can you take laxatives with Xenical?

Even though what you're having, you're having plenty of, it lacks calories, veg and fruit won't help you meet requirements.. I know it sounds completely odd, but you need to eat enough to loose weight.

At the start your body gets a jolt, due to the change and the drop in calories,you'll loose a few good pounds at the start then it will slow to a dribble or plateau, because your body needs calories to function..

A few weeks ago I was living off veg, every night I'd be having veg, for 4 weeks I plateaued. If you don't eat enough calories at the start you won't have anythingr to drop down to, to keep loosing.

Some people make up their calories with having a bowl of cereal, or some toast with jam or something. :)

Your welcome :)

I've just started Xenical today so I'm still looking out for answers-maybe you can help me here. Is there a limit of calories I am allowed to have??? I'm also following SW and their Extra Easy plan but you do not count anything there...I'm a bit confused...

Hi I have been taking xenical for 3 weeks now, I started with 1700 cals and didn't loose much, have now dropped my cals down to 1500 which is working better :)

I used my fitness pal free app for iPhone to work this out and help me (try) stick to that level. It seems to have all the food items from the main supermarkets and also the main takeaway places.

Good luck :)

I've just started Xenical today so I'm still looking out for answers-maybe you can help me here. Is there a limit of calories I am allowed to have??? I'm also following SW and their Extra Easy plan but you do not count anything there...I'm a bit confused...

Go to www.myfitnesspal sign up here and it will tell you what you're allowed per day, if you stick with that and use it to enter your food it will help you...

If you also need to follow the 2 rules to Xenical, a long side SW, so there are things that are alowed on SW but not Xenical, and it's important that you follow Xenical rules first, as the fat allowance is important.. at the very beginning it's easier to stick to the fat counting, get your head a round that first, before introducing counting of other things, especially as you're following SW so.. so the rules

No more than 5grams of fat PER 100grams and
No more than 15grams of fat PER meal

You'll do fine!

Good luck Agnessa!
I'm getting to the end of week 1 now. It's hard counting all the fat all the time! I haven't a clue if I'm eating enough fat! We will soon see though! X

Back