NEWBIE HERE!! :) SWorld & Orlistat?

hobnobsmummy

Silver Member
Hi everyone, i'm Hobnobsmummy, I am 26 years of age and Mummy to a gorgeous Toddler.
I am currently weighing in at 19 stone and a bit (not sure of exact as our scales dont work on our bathroom floor! need to take a trip to chemist to weigh myself)

I have tried various diets in the past, joined a gym but to no avail, im now turning to Orlistat (prescribed by my doctor) and Slimming World.

I am going to join SW online as I dont drive (only people round the bend :p) so I cant attend the groups. Has anyone else used this combination before? or even just anyone using the online process? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to using this site, I've bookmarked it so I dont lose it.

Good luck to all.

Hi Hobnobsmummy, I've just joined this forum too! I've been doing slimming world for a while though, but as I dont go to class I've joined so I can keep motivated... I'm sure you'll do great! Good luck...

Hello Hobnobs mummy and Denlen. Lots and lots of luck to you both. Im sure you will,as I have, find loads of inspiring reads on here especially the diary section , many read like mini soap operas! the writers often face difficulties both with losing weight and in other areas of their lives but seem to overcome them with help from minimin buddies. Hope my story follows a similar path. Good luck again :)

Hi Dizzy, I keep taking it out of the box then putting it back again! im a bit scared of it to be honest, ive read and heard a few horror stories lol.

hello and welcome, I am too doing sw, im sure you will find plenty of tips and advice on this forum, i cant help much on your combination sorry.
Good luck with your weight loss journey and wish you every success :D:D

Welcome and Good luck with your weight loss! xx

Thank you everyone for your lovely welcoming messages :) I have decided not to do SW at the moment. (purely because of my diet limitations already and because we cant afford it) but I will be eating more healthier and exercising more.

Do what you like to do and eat what you like to eat, while all the while achieving your weight loss goals. Possible? Yes! I lost 38 pounds in less than two months while still enjoying foods like chocolate cake and grilled steaks. The key factor...Moderation. Everything in moderation!

I tried orlistat before but found it didn't really work as I tend to just eat too much generally not just fatty food! But didn't try with sw. Just a healthy diet! Good luck! You have your hands full with a toddler! But I'm sure being lighter will give you more much needed energy! Good luck!

Thank you fairy_mary :)

How's it going ???

Im on Day 3 and Its going good! :) no major side effects as yet, so i must be doing something right?
Weigh in day is Monday so have to keep up the good work till then to see if it works on me x

there is a thread for people who weight in at home on the slimming thread so you'll meet plenty of others there.

Orlistat with a diet like slimming world is exactly how the drug is meant to be taken. Slimming world is a good healthy diet. People tend to have problems with Orlistat side effectrs when they continue eating high fat foods - if you continue doing this then you are likely to be sat on the toilet with oily poo for the entirety of your diet. However if you stick to slimming world, you'll probably find that used as intended, it will really boost your loss.

HI I am a newbie too!!! I am 38 and this is about the 5th time I have done slimming world. I have lost weight with it before but never got to target and never maintained. Anyway having recently gone through a separation and now living on my own with my 6 year old son I decided to give it another go cos I dont want to be fat and 40!!!!!! So any support would be gratefully recieved (including technical support cos I am not finding this site easy to navigate!! lol).
I am starting at 14 st 4 and I have my first weigh in tonight after doing it for a week!!!!

Thanks Everyone and good luck!!!

luv Ilikecaketoomuch!!!

Ilikecaketoomuch said:
HI I am a newbie too!!! I am 38 and this is about the 5th time I have done slimming world. I have lost weight with it before but never got to target and never maintained. Anyway having recently gone through a separation and now living on my own with my 6 year old son I decided to give it another go cos I dont want to be fat and 40!!!!!! So any support would be gratefully recieved (including technical support cos I am not finding this site easy to navigate!! lol).
I am starting at 14 st 4 and I have my first weigh in tonight after doing it for a week!!!!

Thanks Everyone and good luck!!!

luv Ilikecaketoomuch!!!

How did your weigh in go? Xxx

Back