Newbie here x

Safia

Gold Member
Hi everyone i've come over from slimming world. I will be going to see a CDC on friday and hopefully starting on saturday. I have done CD before but only lasted a week as i couldnt manage the shakes while i was working. As i'm not working anymore and at home with a baby and a toddler and at my heaviest. At slimming world i lost a stone but put it back on when i couldnt go to the classes so hopefully CD will give my weightloss a boost. I was just wondering how long does it take for the hunger pangs to go away x

Hello. Welcome to the board!

Hungry/headaches/tiredness seem to be at their worst days 2-4. By day 5 most people feel much better.

Well done on losing 1st with SW. It's a huge achievement, even if its back now!

How much are you planning on losing?

Your journey is the opposite to mine! I plan on moving to SW, once I've lost most my weight. I have bren overweight my whole life, so I clearly don't know how to eat "normally". I'm going to go to SW to learn what to eat - but have pretty much accepted I'll have to stay on SW forever in order to maintain. (obviously with many flexi syn days!)

I hit week 13 tomorrow. It's tough, but time flies once you're on a roll! The weightloss has kept me going! I got through the first week only committing to the next hour on plan. Now I go week to week. Before every WI I decide whether I can stay on SS one more week. Takes the pressure off me.

Make sure you join some challenges and start a diary. It's helps. Also, someone is on this board 24/7 so if you're struggling - post - and someone will help!

Make sure you drink all your water. It helps with the hunger and headaches, as well as bumps your weightloss.

Good luck!

Hiya Safia, I am new too!! I have just joined the forum but started my Cambridge Journey last Thursday.

Its now day 6 and i saw my consultant for my weigh in today and i have lost 9 pounds.

I have done the CD a few times before. The first few days are hard but it does get easier and the results are good.

Good luck with your journey. Keep in touch.

Laura x:)

Hey i'm like you too i want to return to sw once i have lost a bulk of my weight. I am giving myself 3 months and than will decide from there whether i want to continue with CD or go back to sw. Ideally would like to get my weight down to an overweight bmi before i even consider leaving CD. I want to have baby no. 3 but have stopped ttc untill i have lost a bit of weight so that will hopefully help my stay 100%. I'm also a bit worried because the CDC has told me as i have done CD before and dont have anything medically wrong she will let me do ss but my bmi is over 40 which she knows. I will be so angry if i go there and she changes her mind as i am now fully prepared for it.

x

Hi Safia good luck with starting CD, why would your CDC not let you do it? I have medical issues and needed a GP signature, as you said you have no medical issues so you should be fine.

Welcome aboard :) Remember it's your journey and everyone is different so don't worry if you only lost three pounds the first week, that's about the most I ever lost the first time around and that was being an angel. I don't think exercise is encouraged at the start as you will be taking in so few calories.. take it step by step and remember water water water :D

Maybe my bmi is over 40 thats why she might say needs the form signed even though i told her my bmi is over 40 but anyway hopefully she wont. I'm both happy but scared of the journey ahead but i really need some new clothes and as i have refused myself new clothes untill i lose weight i better lose it fast x

Hi! :)

I did the same as you, lost over 2 stone on SW & now come here to blast off the rest for Summer!

I felt fine by day 5. Hunger went the night of Day 4. Headaches have gone today (Day 6)

Good luck xx

Oh, and be aware that you will have to make the toddler milkshakes, lol! My DS sees me with my shaker & demands his own (Nesquick) all the time now!

Back