Newbie here!

Indianprincess

Hi all. Ill give you alittle intro about me. Ive done every diet you can possibly think of and the only one that has worked for me is 3 healthy meals a day, snacking on fruits and exercise! So thats exactly what Im doing now with the aid of xenical. Id lost over 3 and half stone on the cambridge but since Ive been off the diet, Ive gained near 2 of it. My new clothes feel tight again and I was loving the new found confidence when I was losing the weight that I really want to experience that feeling again. I have alot of weight to lose so will be on this forum for quite awhile.

Anyhoooo, Im starting the tablets tomorrow as Im off work for 2 weeks. Will be exercising everyday and will post everyday this week in my diary too. But I have 2 questions?
1) Does anyone take a multi vitamin supplement?
2) What are your not so good (could trigger a disaster) food? I tend to eat blueberries etc, will I be ok with most fruits?

Thanks xxxxxx

Hi there and welcome to our little family.

I think most people find that "diets" in the traditional sense will only take the weight off temporarily. Sticking to your idea of 3 healthy meals a day and exercise is good because that's the lifestyle change we all have to make to maintain any weight loss. (Says me because I stick to that religiously of course ... NOT :eek:)

Anyway, fish tends to give most people bad side effects. Silly I know because fish is healthy but apparently the Xenical can't tell the differenet between good oils and bad oils and just gets rid of them anyway.

Good luck.

Hi and welcome, Im new to this too only been on xencial for I week, so far nothing has triggered any of the lovely side effects we are all terrified of! I've never really excerised before and Im really enjoying it, cant do much mind before I get knackered, but anythings better than sitting on the couch!
So far I've been ok with white fish and canned tuna, but as I said its early days for me! Good luck hun, im sure you'll do well xx

Hi I am Laura, I am also new to Xenical week 1 on Wed. So far so good no nasty side effects. I have eaten salmon twice and tuna and they didnt have any effects on me- i think different food react differently with everyone. I think you will be safe with all fruits as it is fat that you need to avoid as far as I am aware I cant think of any friut or veg that has high fat content except things like coconut. I do take a mutivitamin once a day since taking Xenical as apparentlyKeep us you dont absorb all the vitamins in food??? worth ago if it makes me feel any better :-D Keep us upated of your experiences

Laura xx

Aww thanks everyone. Day one is over and feel fine. Havent been to the gym today, been sleeping most of the day to catch up with lack of sleep I lost over the weekend :p
I shall be hitting the gym and doing a dvd tomorrow evening. Ill be starting a food diary tomorrow and lets hope that helps me keep an eye on what Ill be eating.
xxx

hi and welcome to our little family :D.im into my 5th week with no side effects.as long as u stick to the 5g of fat per 100g u should be fine.i eat plenty of fish and ive been fine, so i think it varies for dif peeps.xxxx

Hi and Welcome...
Good luck with everything....
Hows it going today???

Hi all. Ill give you alittle intro about me. Ive done every diet you can possibly think of and the only one that has worked for me is 3 healthy meals a day, snacking on fruits and exercise! So thats exactly what Im doing now with the aid of xenical. Id lost over 3 and half stone on the cambridge but since Ive been off the diet, Ive gained near 2 of it. My new clothes feel tight again and I was loving the new found confidence when I was losing the weight that I really want to experience that feeling again. I have alot of weight to lose so will be on this forum for quite awhile.

Anyhoooo, Im starting the tablets tomorrow as Im off work for 2 weeks. Will be exercising everyday and will post everyday this week in my diary too. But I have 2 questions?
1) Does anyone take a multi vitamin supplement?
2) What are your not so good (could trigger a disaster) food? I tend to eat blueberries etc, will I be ok with most fruits?

Thanks xxxxxx
I do take a multi-vitamin.
The thing that will trigger a "disaster" is any very high fat meal/food. Just make sure you always go to the bathroom when you feel the desire to "pass wind" and you should be fine. We are all supposed to be eating healthy anyways right, so there should be no high fat meals/foods in our diet. Lol. Take care and good luck. I have been taking it on and off for about 5 years so I have encountered every "disaster" known to womankind, so if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.:)

Welcome to the xenical family =] Keep us posted cos we're all nosey.

Hey,

I was also on CD and have gained back 1 stone but it was enough to shatter my confidence. I am starting xenical today so I am hoping slow and steady will win the race. Abstinence makes me food crazy so I think eating healthy and not restricting myself will make life easier.

Good Luck with the little blue pills and well done all you guys who have and are making it to their goals.

:)

Welcome from me too! I am in my second week (2nd weigh in tomorrow) and I absolutely love this site, I read more than I post because I tend to think "Who would want to know about me?" or "Who would be interested in my opinion?", however my confidence is growing and I am posting more. Get posting girl!

Earthmother - we always want to know how your doing! Hows your sons wedding plans going? xx

Going wedding dress shopping with future d-in-l tomorrow, making a day of it, lunch out etc. I'll be looking out for ideas for me. My best friend, who's coming to Cuba with us has already got her outfit, but as she's tall and lovely she got something fab in the sales. Bugger.

Welcome Indian princess, and good luck with xenical, I'm into my 4th month now and its great, had no bad side effects and I'm not always sticking to the "rules", you'll be fine and we're all here to help boost you up and have a laugh with you when you need it.
xx

I've been taking xenical for 5 months now and I do have the side effects (although not bad enough to put me off taking the pills).

However for the past few years I've had a bit of an irritable stomach (I can't drink pure orange juice any more for example) anyway so I wonder if that has anything to do it.

Back