Newbie here

Welcome Eir -- and I think Pandora is right. If the stix is very dark then you need to up your water. I think you are supposed to drink a minimum of three litres a day. Space out through the day... the anaology I was given is like water going over the water wheel at a steady rate. BTW -- great start! 6 off already.

MM

OK, will do :). I thought I was drinking tonnes already but I'll start counting the litres.

Thankyou.

Hi Eir,

I have several of those 1/2 litre bottles and I fill 6 of them each night and put them in the fridge -- then when they are empty I know have consumed at least three litres (I am very absent minded and it helps me keep track, plus a always take at least one with me when i leave the house).

MM

Well, I got off to a great start and did the SS 100% for 7 days and lost more than half a stone. Go CD!!! However, I've now run out of money and can't buy any more shakes... Ooops! So, I'm switching to calorie-counting til the new year.

Thanks for the tip on the water bottles MinnieMel! I'll keep drinking 3 litres per day :).

Happy holidays everyone!

Question: Has anyone had hair-growth problems during low-calorie diets? I read online that some people find their hair falls-out during low calorie dieting?

Thanks!

Welcome and well done!! 10lb is a great loss!!!!!!

Question: Has anyone had hair-growth problems during low-calorie diets? I read online that some people find their hair falls-out during low calorie dieting?

Thanks!
I think if you have a large amount of weight to lose, i.e. are on SS for a very long time it is more likely to happen... however I have just been charged extra to have my hair done because of how thick and plentiful and annoying it is :)
Our CDC seemed to think it unlikely

Here is a search for 'hair thinning' in the forum:
MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum - Search Results

What I was told by my counsellor is that when you are on a VLCD that you stop losing hair because your body is cutting down on "activity" -- so, when you start adding calories back in you shed a lot at first to make up for the interruption in your normal hair loss/replacement cycle. Like what happens when you are pregnant.

MM

Red heads are known for their shedding and I haven't noticed much of a difference. I do think that the hair on my legs seems to be growing a little slower though - no complaints there!!! I'll have to see if the shedding goes down at all, that would be fantastic!

hi just wanted to say welcome i think cambridge is a good choice n not putting ot off till the new year an even better controlled choice, and about the breath, you can have chewing gum or mints if its sugar free in moderation. most inc myself find the gum makes you feel hungry but i do love a mint, im not very good at doing them in moderation but they havent effected my losses at all good luck hun!!

week 1 = 8lb
week 2& 3 = 8lb
week 4 = 2lb
week 5& 6 = 9lb
week 7 = 4lb
week 8& 9 = 8lb
week 10& 11 = 4lb
week 12& 13 = 5lb
week 14& 15 = 4lb

starting weight 244lb
target weight 161lb
losses to date 52lb
still to loose 33lb

Hi Shello9 --

I carry the little breath sprays, try to brish frequently and use mouthwash, and not get too close. I tend to have bad breath when I am not on a diet because I have sinus issues -- and I (like you) think chewing gum since it stimulates saliva production is probably not a good idea when you are on VLCD (plus, it is counter productive to breaking the habit of having something in your mouth all the time).

Ase... I could go with slower growth on my legs... I get five o'clock shadow on them. LOL

MM

Back