Newbie in Cornwall

ToffeesMum

Hi everyone

I am a newbie to the site. I live in sunny Cornwall and need to shift a stone or so. I'm in my early 50s and losing weight is not as easy as it was when I needed to shift a couple of lbs in my 20s.

I did Exante the year before last, and did very well and then followed Slimming World for a long while to maintain weight. Since moving here things have not been so good eating wise. I've not been getting as much exercise either as it's seriously hilly here and no conducive to nice long bike rides.

I've been back on it since the last week in December, riding my bike and eating much more on plan except for a few exceptions :eek: but these things happen. I'll soon shift the stone to get back to winter weight and maybe another 6 or 7lbs to get down to summer weight. I am always half a stone lighter in the summer, always have been, even in my teens and twenties.

I don't go to SW classes, I simply cannot afford them at the moment but I have my books and a friend of mine is a SW consultant and she is very inspiring. I weigh on my own scales at home which weigh exactly the same as the scales in my GP's nurses room so figure that they are probably fairly accurate.

Anyway, that's me. I look forward to chatting with you all.

Hi there! I'm a returnee to SW and I'm also in Cornwall! Hope you enhance the forums, people seem very friendly on here, I'm sure you'll get tons of support :):)

Hi Toffee :nananana:
Welcome aboard the Minmins Train, thankyou for Popping by my thread to say Hello, I so shouldn't still be logged in right now as much to do :whistle: but couldn't wait till later to come and say Hi.
If you wiegh on a Monday we have a Monday Wiegh thread just started up and gathering a group it's only started this week if you want to jump on just post up your results. We're not to much different I'm 50 want to loose a stone that would be fab and I need an extra 6lb after.
My bike when it's intergratedested into this journey will be my main exercise, my car has been the devil and will increase my Butt size and kill me of poor cardio eventually. I keep it as I'm Mums carer but the day I sold my car 5 years ago was the day I woke up. I'd driven past trees with squirrels and flowers and the smell of fresh cut grass. In a car I belive not only are we stagnant in time but we are locked away from life.
So I'm realy hoping I'm going to get a chance to get back on it soon. I could be today but exhausted dye to problems over the last 48hrs.

It's definitely harder to loose as I've got older, i look more like a table of needed bread dough than a slim shaped money nut.

I was worried a full hysterectomy was going to make it near on impossible due to lose of colougne ( spelling??) , and it has made a difference this time as I'm 8 years after op and last loss and toned being active was 3 years after op, the difference is something I'm seeing now and maybe struggling with more than I like but I won't know till the jobs done.

How far out do you have to rid before you get a flat run. Hill starts and rides you'll get a seriously nice booty thou!! :D

If you have some naughties in your diet try a bad food diary, I would always forget something I'd nibbled and so on and so in. So it's a realy good way of saying wow realy I ate that :D.

Good luck with your journey, the stepping in Here is going to help loads and already shows you know what you want. More than happy to link up be thread buddies.
So catch you later x

Back