newbie in need of advice and motivation!

Tanya c

Hi all, I've decided to start the Atkins programme tomorrow. I have about 1.5 stone to lose but would love to lose 3!
Please can u tell me whether I can have onion and tomato on the induction plan. I cook a lot of Indian food, being Asian myself and they incorporate these ingredients in the main curries so would love to know if I still can use them.

Also it would be really encouraging to hear success stories of ppl who have lost through Atkins. Look forward to hearing from you all!

Tanya xxx

Hi Tanya, I love Indian food, I should have married an Indian Girl. :)

Welcome to Atkins. Have you heard a bout caulirice?

I was wondering the same thing regarding curry as Indian food is my favorite.

I know its ok to eat the chicken & lamb tikka, also the tandoori chicken and shish kebabs. But shammi kebabs have flour in them to bind the meat so they are a no no.

Shame about the curry.....really fancy one now.....:sigh:

I know its ok to eat the chicken & lamb tikka, also the tandoori chicken and shish kebabs

Not always I'm afraid Lainey, sometimes they are marinaded in sugar and stuff, the golden rule on Atkins is it doesn't have a lable and I didn't prepare it I don't know what's in it.

Thanks for the advice Laura. No Jim, I've not heard of caullirice! I gather that you're the Atkins expert on here so I was just wondering where I can get nitrate free bacon from and also sausages that are ok for the induction? Also does anyone have any nice steak recipes?

Not always I'm afraid Lainey, sometimes they are marinaded in sugar and stuff, the golden rule on Atkins is it doesn't have a lable and I didn't prepare it I don't know what's in it.

:eek:Yes you do have a point there, I was just thinking it would be prepared by yourself, then thats ok, or in my local restaurant where they explain what is used. But packaged ones could contain suger.

Milton Gate are the Lidl low carb sausies. Welcome :)

Morning all,

yes all the above. :)

Back