newbie in need of advice

frankinstein123

Gold Member
Hello there, I have been on slimming world for just over a week now, stuck to it completly, I am doing it from home with no group help. I went last year and got all the books etc so I'm confident I am doing it right.

However, yesterday I started with a really bad bug and ive been bed bound all of yesterday and today feeling really ill, not really able to eat much and generally unwell with fluey type symptoms, as you can imagine not up to dieting much, I had some lucozade and a mars bar for a bit of energy and ended up having 42 syns :(
Today i havent synned, so do i just ignore yesterday and have 15 again today, or do I not syn at all today or tomorrow to make up for the syns yesterday?

I also hobbled to the scales earlier, was 14.7 now 14.1 probably a little dehydrated though!

Kat
x

My advice? Stop stressing about what you can't change! Illness has it's own rules and it's own dietry requirements!!! You've eaten to make yourself well (lucozade) and because you didn't have the energy to either make or face anything else (the Mars bar).

Today you have three options - none of which will guarantee you a loss.

Option 1: Forget about being ill yesterday, get back on track and carry on with your 15 syns as usual.

Option 2: Forget about being ill yesterday, get back on track and carry on - maybe cutting your syns to 10 a day.

Option 3: Forget about being ill yesterday, get back on track and carry on - have no syns. SW reccommend a MINIMUM of 5 syns per day.

NONE OF THESE OPTIONS WILL GUARANTEE YOU A WEIGHT LOSS NEXT WEEK.

After being ill, our bodies do amazing things - they make us well!!! However, this might mean that you have a great loss (as you suspect, from dehydration) followed by a gain the following week. Or it might mean that you have a normal loss. Or it might mean that you have a gain. (Can you tell I'm hedging my bets here!!!).

NO-ONE CAN PREDICT THE FUTURE (If you can, next weeks lottery numbers on a postcard please,..)

Oh, and did I mention forget being ill?!?!!

GET WELL SOON!!!!

Forget about yesterday, you were ill, nothing you can do about, all you want to do it eat junk or nothing when you're ill, so just forget about it. I was in the same situation last week. Make sure you drink plenty too if you're dehydrated..

My advice would be to draw a line under it all & carry on as normal from tomorrow.

Focus on getting better & stick to plan as best you can x

I agree with everyone else, you were ill, when you're ill it changes everything, just forget about today and concentrate on getting better, and carry on as you were tomorrow!

I ended up destroying a massive bag of ready salted asda crisps, and a caramac bar, still bed bound, just felt abit pants through not even attempting to stick to the plan, but with symptoms worsening I gave in and had to replenish salts (my mum always gave me a bag of ready salted as a kid lol) and somethin sugary to perk me up abit, diet can wait til I'm not so pale, not ready for anything meal like just yet, x

just try and re start over when you're feeling a bit better :)

Back