Newbie in Scotland

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by jefa, 28 September 2009 Social URL.

1. jefa

jefa Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Calorie Counting
    Hi, folks. I have been lurking here for awhile but there are so many features that need a higher posting level to access I decided to take the plunge.

I have been overweight for some time but health issues have really added on the pounds over the past couple of years. After a recent GI appointment, I happened to spot the bright red banner with the words 'severely obese' at the top of one of my endoscopy reports. This got my attention and I decided to take the bull by the horns and do something about this extra weight.

I don't expect to reach my goal weight any time soon and should probably make one with a shorter term so that I can feel good about reaching it, but at the moment I am aiming for 1-2 lbs a week. Over the years I have never had any trouble knocking off a few pounds, but it always came back. This time I aim to keep it off, so I am concentrating on changing habits and reassessing my relationship with food.

I am on several prescription meds which have added pounds and am struggling with an autoimmune thing that causes pain and fatigue which makes activity a bit difficult.

Anyway, I am here and continuing to read all of your inspiring words. I am currently enrolled in a session of the Glasgow and Clyde Weight Management programme which started about a month ago, but I have been dieting on my own seriously for about 5 months.
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Hi and welcome. Who runs the Weight Management programme?

Irene xx
  4. Steph1989

Steph1989 Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Healthy eating!
    Welcome :)
    Mini likes this.
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.