Newbie looking for a home!!

Fulltum

Silver Member
Hi all :D

I have decided to ditch all these silly diets and actually change my way of eating for good :cool:

I have read Allen Carr's No more diets book and it all makes total sense so that is what I am following.
Obviously there is no forum for this and looking through all the forums this seems to be the closest to what I am doing so hoping I can move in here and talk to people eating the same kind of things as me :D

I did just over a week on Exante and lost 12lbs then after switching managed a loss of 3lbs and then this week I have lost 2lbs so I am very happy with it so far :D

My food diary for today will be

Breakfast
Pear, pineapple and banana

Lunch
Leftover vegetable stroganoff with salad leaves,cucumber, spring onions and grated carrot

Dinner
Broccoli and leek gratin with sauteed mushrooms and salad (as above)

Snacks if hungry
Handful of raw cashew nuts

Drinks
Water

The plan works on the basis that nothing is banned but you should eat what your body digests easiet (fruit and veg) first before other things.
Everything else is classed as junk but aslong as you eat 70% fruit and veg then the other 30% can be anything you choose.
It also recommends that protein and carbs should not be eaten together in large quantities as it is hard to digest.

It sounds quite restrictive at first but after 2 weeks of it I feel great and dont miss sweets/crisps/chocolate/bread/cereals at all so gonna stick with it and see what happens :cool:

So hello to everyone and I look forward to seeing how everyone else is doing :D

Hi :) I'm new too and am also just doing the 'eat better and more healthy' way of weight busting!

Sounds like it's working well for you, good luck for the rest of your journey x

Well its the start of week 3 on this healthy eating and all is good :D

Todays menu will be

Breakfast
Pear, Banana and pineapple

Lunch
Leftover broccoli and leek cheese with a leafy salad,cucumber,spring onions and grated carrot

Dinner
Jacket potato with sour cream, leafy salad,cucumber,spring onions and grated carrot

Snacks if hungry
Handful of brazil nuts

Drinks
Water

That broccoli and leek gratin sounds lovely. Would you have the recipe to hand? :) I rely faaaaaar too much on ready meals in the evenings and really need to start cooking more!

Its just broccoli, leeks and new potatoes boiled for about 15-20 mins drained and then smothered in homemade cheese sauce (although packet would be fine too) topped with a little grated cheese and then baked in the oven for 30 mins.
You can make it ahead and keep it in the fridge for 24 hours before baking too :D

Sounds lovely and very simple too, definitely going to give it a go, thanks! :)

Do you know, I've just clicked at what your username is! I was reading it as "Fulham" :doh: Lol!

Do you know, I've just clicked at what your username is! I was reading it as "Fulham" :doh: Lol!

:D lol

Well yesterday didnt go quite to plan as had a friend over and was so busy talking I didnt eat any lunch :eek:
So lunch ended up being eaten at 3pm and was a banana and a handful of cashew and macadamia nuts!
So for dinner I had the leftover brocolli and leek gratin with some sauteed mushrooms and salad.

Todays menu will be

Breakfast
Pear, banana , clementine and apple

Lunch
Homemade new potato salad with salad leaves, cucumber, spring onions and grated carrot

Dinner
Mushrooms, courgettes, peppers, onions and garlic cooked in a creamy garlic sauce with salad leaves, cucumber, Spring onions and grated carrot.

Snacks
Handful of brazil nuts if hungry

Drinks
Water

You did very well not to reach for something sugar & fat filled at that point, well done :D

Your menu today sounds lovely, very healthy indeed!

I'm going to attempt BNS 'chips' for tonight's dinner with a large ham salad. I might even go wild and add a little grated cheese ;)

You did very well not to reach for something sugar & fat filled at that point, well done :D

Your menu today sounds lovely, very healthy indeed!

I'm going to attempt BNS 'chips' for tonight's dinner with a large ham salad. I might even go wild and add a little grated cheese ;)

Since reading the book I can honestly say I dont crave sweet things or processed carbs, it quite strange really lol

BNS chips sound interesting may give them ago as I love sweet potato chips and have had roasted BNS squash before which was nice :cool:

Todays menu will be

Breakfast
Pear, clementine and apple

Lunch
Egg Mayonaise with mixed salad leaves, cucumber, spring onion and grated carrot

Dinner
Leftover creamy garlic veg with a large salad

Snacks
Handful of brazil nuts

Drinks
Water

Hi Fulltum, hope you've had a good day? :)

Hi Fulltum, hope you've had a good day? :)

Yeah I had a good day thanks :D
I was working yesterday (am a barmaid) and it was weird as I wasnt even slightly interested in the crisps,choc,nuts or sugarery drinks, in the past I wouldnt bother taking any lunch and would just graze on choc and crisps for 6 hours :eek:

Hope you had a good day too :D

Todays menu will be

Breakfast
Banana, apple, clementine

Lunch
Wholewheat pasta with pesto and a large leafy salad, cucumber, Spring onions and sweetcorn

Dinner
Sweet potato and spinach bake with mixed salad leaves, cucumber, spring onion, sweetcorn and grated carrot

Snacks
Handful of cashew nuts

Drinks
Water

Yeah I had a good day thanks :D
I was working yesterday (am a barmaid) and it was weird as I wasnt even slightly interested in the crisps,choc,nuts or sugarery drinks, in the past I wouldnt bother taking any lunch and would just graze on choc and crisps for 6 hours :eek:

Hope you had a good day too :D

Todays menu will be

Breakfast
Banana, apple, clementine

Lunch
Wholewheat pasta with pesto and a large leafy salad, cucumber, Spring onions and sweetcorn

Dinner
Sweet potato and spinach bake with mixed salad leaves, cucumber, spring onion, sweetcorn and grated carrot

Snacks
Handful of cashew nuts

Drinks
Water

Your menus sound great, really tasty and healthy :D

I worked as a barmaid many year ago (when I was a lot younger! :cry:) and I loved it, such a fun, sociable job. Not good for the waistline though...... well done you for not being tempted by the naughty snacks on offer!

Its funny because I am actually really enjoying everything I am eating and dont feel like I have had to sacrifice anything, I know that I can eat anything I want but just dont feel a need to eat processed and sugary foods anymore :cool:

Obviously this may not last forever but Im enjoying it while it lasts lol

Im finding it alot easier at the moment but there are times when someone offers to buy me a drink when a nice pint of cider seems very appealing lol I think summer will be harder :(

Clear spirits (vodka, bacardi, gin etc) would be okay with a diet mixer...... diet coke, slimline tonic etc, wouldn't they? By the summer anyway you'll be so slim you won't want to undo all the hard work! :)

Back