Newbie - My Hamper arrived

mandymcm

Hi all,

My hamper has arrived and I am starting on Monday!!

Any advice for a Newbie?

I am looking forward to starting it, have been looking at it for a while!

Thanks,
Mandy:)

Last edited:
Welcome and best of luck with the diet.

I have been eating the DC meals for 10 weeks and lost almost 2 stone. I am really glad I am doing this diet - it has definately made my eating choices easier.

My one piece of advice is to eat enough. The packs of food do not total 1200 or 1500 calories, so ensure you add enough fruit, veg and healthy snacks to use your full calorie allowance.

I personally did feel hungry at times - I had gone from huge meals and lots of chocolate, to sensible portions. My body did take a while to adjust. If you are hungry add some more fruit - you will still lose weight.

Keep posting - you will find lots of support on this site.

Well done on losing so much in ten weeks!

I have never done a low GI diet but I have been low carbing for many years now and the secret, I think, is to keep the carb limits under control. This is particularly true during maintenance lol.

I hope you do very well indeed, Mandy. Enjoy your DC meals x

Wow, well done on your weight loss small steps, that's great results!

Thank you both for your replies!

Day 1 is here and I am rearing to go......

xx

Hi,

I have to say, first day was actually OK!

The food was much better than I was expecting!!

I had the Apple and Cinnamon Granola, didn't look much and I was very surprised at the portion size, BUT, it did satisfy me!I had chunky vegetable soup with a wholemeal roll for lunch and then the pasta bol for dinner.

I did feel a bit hungry around 6pm, I was still at work, so had a hot tea to sip to keep me going.

All in all, a good 1st day!!

:) xx

Hi

I started yesterday too. Found the food OK. Like you, went to bed a bit hungry but am feeling really positive that I can do this for the 5 weeks (the initial order that I had delivered) and the plan at the moment would be to do a second lot of 5 weeks if I get on with the diet.

I am 30 in 15 weeks and have a big holiday planned. I would like to lose 2 and a half stone by then but think I have left it too late. :mad:

Still, I can only give it 100% for the next 5 weeks and then go from there...:)

Good Luck to us both!

It's not too late - 2.5 stone could be achievable (depending on how rigidly you stick to plan and how much you have to lose).

Even if you do not quite meet your goal, you will be at least a dress size smaller and look great for your holiday:D

Fellow newbie Hi Mandy

Hi Mandy,

I have just ordered my one month hamper with a week free. It should be with me in 48hrs. Can I join you. Its my 50th in 10 weeks and I go on holiday (a bikini diet) the day after my 50th. Please can we support each other.

How are you doing
Lx:)

Last edited:
Hi Roxy

You can def lose almost all of your weight...if you stick to it and dont cheat and exercise....you will feel fab. Keep coming here...lets go for this girlfriend

Lx:family2:

Hiya

So we both have big holidays/ birthdays.

If it gives you optimism... I had my 1 week weigh in today and lost 7lb. I have followed it 100% and done exercise. It has really spurred me on as I feel better already and positive that I can lose it. Plus I have more energy now that I've ditched the rubbish food.

Good luck, when do u plan to start?

Hiya Roxy

Hi there Roxy,

Oh well done. That's an awesome first week. You have spurred me on. I get my pack either tomorrow or wed. I would like to lose a proper 9 lbs....not just fluid but weight. Can we support each other?

Yes I have my 50th and I am going on a bikini hol then and would love to get it all off.

Have you got a party/dress lined up.

L xx:family2:

Hi everyone,

Sorry not been on - I was away for a long weekend with the family and signal was poor!!

Well, my week 1 weigh-in and 4lbs off, having had 4 days off it over the weekend, so I am thrilled with that!

I did think about taking the packs with me, but decided not to in the end!!

Roxymurphy, how you been getting on with the packs?

Liz1961 - have you started yet? We can all keep each other motivated!! You have a goal which will help you stay focussed too!!

Week 2 starts today, so here I go...... xxx

Roxy, my app just refreshed my page and seen your post - well done - 7lbs is fab!! What kind of exercise did you do?

I need to fit it in somewhere, but not sure what to do, haven't did any exercise in over a year - had a wee op last year and done nothing since!!

Mxxx

Hiya

Mandy/Roxy..hey there.

My packs came today. I have read the booklet and will start tomorrow pm. I know I will be asked out tomorrow night too but think I will stay in.

I am anxious that I will get hungry but know as I get going I will be ok. My motivation is low but it has to be done. I have been binging in last 5 days as know going to diet for 10 weeks but my legs are all fat and wobbly today....I need to see 3 weeks ahead.

I WILL DO THIS

Well done Mandy...awesome drop.
Roxy...how is it going?

Will we check in daily.

I havent exercised for 2 weeks now. I intend at the weekend to restart the gym and go twice per week. I wont say 3 times as wont commit to that. I cant go until then as need a couple of days to feel a bit like I can breathe:sigh:

Ps....the tracker thing. I created one on ticket factory BUT cant transfer it accross....any Enid Blyton ways for that last bit?

:family2:

Liz xxx

Last edited:
Update

Hi,

I did day one. I had to go out on a pre exisitng arrangement. Drank vodka and diet coke all night so managed 1100 cals of food and a few VDs so still in lowish cal mode. Today its the full real thing.

Hope you guys are ok?

L:family2:

Hi,

How is everyone doing?

I've not had a great week, been off on holiday and had my daughters 7th birthday, so lots of visitors and not a great deal of willpower - I have stayed the same this week!

I have another week off this week but hubby back at work, so I should find it easier to stick to!!

I must try harder!!

Hope you have all had a good week?

Mxx

Hiya

Hey..hope you had a great time with your daughter..mine is 12 in about 3 weeks. Yes dont give up just now....keep going.

I got weighed today. 4lbs off. My body is all wobbly though. I am doing gym 3 times a week....my goal anyway.

Lxx:family2:

Back