Newbie need guideance :(

Chala1972

Hello everyone, I got my first batch of Orlistat today and plan to start taking them on Friday. I have struggled with my weight for the past 18 years and since stopping smoking 7 months ago I think the time is right to tackle the weight. Could someone give me an idea of what foods are allowed?? I get the 5g per 100g just wondered if anyone had any pointers to start me off :)

Hi hun, as long as you stick to no more than 5gs per 100g and no more than 15gs per meal then you should be fine.

breakfast,lunch and dinner.couple of healthy snacks if you want, fruit is good, low fat yoghurt.

its surprising what you can actually eat when you start looking at labels and go easy with portions.

have you joined my fitness pal? you can track your food there,its a good site. why not have a read through the diaries and see what other people are eating for ideas.

good luck :)

xoxo

p.s drink plenty of water,flavoured water if you like at least 2 litres,it really helps

Hiya

I just started today and what I done was went shopping and just checked the packets of things I usually buy, like pasta, rice, meats, etc. Tonight for dinner I had a Weight Watchers ready meal which is 4.5g of fat for the whole thing and it's something like 2.5g per 100g so it's within the rules. I got some of their sauces (mushroom one and a tikka one) and they're within the rules too so I'm going to have them with chicken and rice later on this week. I was really nervous to begin with and thought I wouldn't be able to eat anything but there's so many things we can have. There's a recipe thread in here with lots of yummy things we can have, why not use those for your first few meals to give you an idea? I also googled "xenical recipes" and came across a 4 day menu plan, it had things like cereal + fruit for breakfast, baked potatoes with tuna for lunch and spaghetti bolognese for dinner. Hope this helps!

Good luck x

i forgot to say, if you feel unsure about cooking and portion sizes at the start, then if you go to the supermarket,and get some ready meals that are within the rules, weight watchers or the low fat ones, you can have those as your main meal and because they can be on the small size then just bulk them out with veg :)

whatever youre eating now (minus any rubbish chocs,biccies etc) you can still eat on xenical, just smaller portions bulked out with veg or you swop it for a lower fat version...white rice to brown rice,white bread to brown bread,mayo get the extra light version...

once you get the hang of it,it comes naturally.you could plan your meals for the week ahead to geve you some extra control :D

your welcome

xoxo

Back