Newbie- needs advice

juliebags

Silver Member
Hi everyone
I am new to atkins, started yesterday. I need some advice i bought some hellmans fullfat mayo is this ok to put on salads?? I am doing the induction and emailed them to ask if protein powder was ol they said yes as long as no added sugar, i noticed their shakes have more than the powders but can also be used, confused! I struggle with breakfast so my plan was to have a shake made with soya or almond milk-there is a recipe in the atkins book- has anyone tried protein shakes?? Will it affect loss??? Sorry so many questions thanks for any advice xxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Julie - Welcome to Atkins. Yes on the full fat mayo the diet has more carbs.

Sorry can't help with protein powder I've never had it, but I have very occasionally use the atkins shakes for breakfast when I working and not in the mood to eat or cook breakfast. I'm sure someone will jump in with more info :)

Thanks coffeelover,
Things can get abit confusing especially when ur so used to everything being low fat it goes against the grain, did try alpro unsweetened soya milk in tea - quite suprised it was not too bad, i am following the new atkins new you , so i hope all the original die hard atkiners will not frown upon the shakes & bars i hope they will be a godsend when at work, any advice appreciated xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back